Newcastle United 0 vs Liverpool 3 - 24/11/07 - Post match reaction from page 19

James

Not to pick a scapegoat or owt but how bad was Martins today? We were laughing at his efforts in the second half! Thats how bad it got!  mackems.gif

That's twice in recent times you've babbled on about people laughing at our own players. First Smith, now Martins. You must sit among some genuine mongs who definitely aren't supporters of the club, despite for some reason being at the match. Since you seem to think it's ok why do you bother going?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=45922.msg1060853#msg1060853

Oh dear.

You don't reply to too much do you

Not to pick a scapegoat or owt but how bad was Martins today? We were laughing at his efforts in the second half! Thats how bad it got!  mackems.gif

What a load of f****** s***, laughing at one of our players TRYING out of a squad of players not trying, you used a smiley called mackems, you should be f****** sitting with them every week in the SOL with that attitude.

In fainress, I've laughed at Smith and foremerly Ameobi a number of times. It can soemtimes seem the only way to not go mad watching these pieces of s**** play for us.

Exactly its called gallows humour. Sadly teens like NE5 are yet to grasp the concept and are still in super fan stage.

I got the feeling today that there was no attempt to even get behind the team.

even during the darkest days of Roeder I don't recall such an apathetic attitude in the ground.

it's almost as if the fan base are willing Sam to fail.

we are 13 games into a complete overhaul of the club. yes, today was a shambles and it is a gutter to get twatted at home 2 games in a row. but did anyone honestly expect us to take the points today ???? they are a far better team than us. fact.

and having 50,000 people whinging and whining after 10 mins isnt going to inspire the side to overcome the odds and take something from the match.....

Atmosphere is reflected from the team. How the f*** can rack up a mountanious atmosphere when the team is as passive, distant, unwilling, and plain rubbish as that? We were stunned. We play these f****** players wages, they should be trying at the very least, even if attainment is 1% effort should be 110% every game. I do believe they are not confident with the current style and BS has not won them over entirely but that's just me throwing ideas into the air with regards to the root of the problem.

what were you expecting today ?

for us to put liverpool to the sword and dazzle them with our attacking prowess whilst at the same time frustrating them with our solidity at the back.

we were up against things before the whistle even blew.

anyone who didn't realise this is living in a fantasy land.

so it would have made sense to get behind the side and at least give them some vocal encouragement whilst they took on a difficult task.

but no.

what do the majority do.

boo our players, sings songs degrading our manager, cheer the players in red shirts.

it is fucking backwards man. I was ashamed to be in the home crowd today.

For us to at least have a go perhaps?

f****** joke in the ground today. the fans were more arsed about booing Gerrard than they were about getting behind the lads.

To see that lanky streak of s**** Crouch geta round of applause from the gallowgate not just when he warmed up but when he came on the pitch was a f****** joke.

we got more and more like Engerland with every f****** game.

if you only come to the match to boo and whinge then you might as well piss off shopping with the missus and use your energy in eldon f****** square.

things may be going wrong on the pitch but its the attitudes in the stands that makes me sick. its a f****** joke.

Crouch played his heart out for England and thoroughly deserved his warm welcome. To do otherwise is frankly laughable.

pathetic. He might have played well for England but its no reason to applaud an opposing player. I've never done that in over 40 years and I don't know anybody who has.

And no one is going to force you too, either. If thousands around you are of a different mind to you, then maybe you should just accept this is the way it is and it's you with the  backward logic. Alternatively you could just stop whining like a woman.

it isn't the way it is. I've not seen it in over 40 years. If you want to applaud ie encourage opposing players, thats up to you. We were facing a possible 5 or 6 goal thrashing and you advocate this ? Get a life.

Get a life? I think you need to take a long hard look at yourself, because you're ranting about much of a nothingness.

If I were you (god forbid) I would be thinking, OK, annoys me a bit but I guess most people are of a different opinion to me so I guess that's just the way it is.

No one was encouraging or supporting the Liverpool players, you'd be an idiot to think this is what it was. It was simply a mark of respect.

Did you say the same when Les Ferdinand done a lap of honour and the ground was on its feet? Surely we shouldn't have encouraged this Tottenham Hotspurs player, this would be outrageous, to you wouldn't it? This ENCOURAGEMENT of the opposition...

you're comparing Les Ferdinand to that twisty faced c*** Gerrard???? Muahahahaahahaahah!

Erm, no. I'm comparing applauding opposition players.

Bye.

No, you're not, You're comparing applauding Ferdinand with applauding a liverpool player who has never been a legend for NUFC. But thanks for trying to justify your weak argument anyway, appreciate it.

I wrote the post, I will tell you what the point is. Not the other way round.

NE5 said you should not applaud opposition players, and has never seen it in 40 years. I pointed out that the WHOLE GROUND applauded Les Ferdinand, (and rightly so) as a mark of respect, which was only a few years ago. It's normal and it also shown him to be a hypocrite.

Swallowed that? Now naff off, you little spastic. I can't be arsed with you son.

Guest optimistic nit

even during the darkest days of Roeder I don't recall such an apathetic attitude in the ground.

we are 13 games into a complete overhaul of the club. yes, today was a shambles and it is a gutter to get twatted at home 2 games in a row. but did anyone honestly expect us to take the points today ???? they are a far better team than us. fact.

and having 50,000 people whinging and whining after 10 mins isnt going to inspire the side to overcome the odds and take something from the match.....

Atmosphere is reflected from the team. How the f*** can rack up a mountanious atmosphere when the team is as passive, distant, unwilling, and plain rubbish as that? We were stunned. We play these f****** players wages, they should be trying at the very least, even if attainment is 1% effort should be 110% every game. I do believe they are not confident with the current style and BS has not won them over entirely but that's just me throwing ideas into the air with regards to the root of the problem.

for us to put liverpool to the sword and dazzle them with our attacking prowess whilst at the same time frustrating them with our solidity at the back.

so it would have made sense to get behind the side and at least give them some vocal encouragement whilst they took on a difficult task.

but no.

what do the majority do.

boo our players, sings songs degrading our manager, cheer the players in red shirts.

Bolton beat manure today, we didn't have a go.

the losing mentality has to go, if we want to achieve anything.

...and they beat ManU by going back to SA's system.

the point is that just because we're not as good as liverpool it doesn't mean a 3-0 defeat is excusable. we have a lot more talent than them, and we should go out and try to win, which we didn't.

but no.

what do the majority do.

Not entirely, no. Although they DID do some things we didn't today - have a manager capable of doing an appropriate job, and players who were up to the task.

but no.

what do the majority do.

the point is that just because we're not as good as liverpool it doesn't mean a 3-0 defeat is excusable. we have a lot more talent than them, and we should go out and try to win, which we didn't.

I totally agree I was just dwelling on the irony. Bolton matched ManU for a good 70% of the game and only really came under the cosh in the last 20 or so.

f****** joke in the ground today. the fans were more arsed about booing Gerrard than they were about getting behind the lads.

To see that lanky streak of s**** Crouch geta round of applause from the gallowgate not just when he warmed up but when he came on the pitch was a f****** joke.

if you only come to the match to boo and whinge then you might as well piss off shopping with the missus and use your energy in eldon f****** square.

things may be going wrong on the pitch but its the attitudes in the stands that makes me sick. its a f****** joke.

Crouch played his heart out for England and thoroughly deserved his warm welcome. To do otherwise is frankly laughable.

pathetic. He might have played well for England but its no reason to applaud an opposing player. I've never done that in over 40 years and I don't know anybody who has.

And no one is going to force you too, either. If thousands around you are of a different mind to you, then maybe you should just accept this is the way it is and it's you with the  backward logic. Alternatively you could just stop whining like a woman.

it isn't the way it is. I've not seen it in over 40 years. If you want to applaud ie encourage opposing players, thats up to you. We were facing a possible 5 or 6 goal thrashing and you advocate this ? Get a life.

Get a life? I think you need to take a long hard look at yourself, because you're ranting about much of a nothingness.

If I were you (god forbid) I would be thinking, OK, annoys me a bit but I guess most people are of a different opinion to me so I guess that's just the way it is.

No one was encouraging or supporting the Liverpool players, you'd be an idiot to think this is what it was. It was simply a mark of respect.

Did you say the same when Les Ferdinand done a lap of honour and the ground was on its feet? Surely we shouldn't have encouraged this Tottenham Hotspurs player, this would be outrageous, to you wouldn't it? This ENCOURAGEMENT of the opposition...

you're comparing Les Ferdinand to that twisty faced c*** Gerrard???? Muahahahaahahaahah!

Bye.

No, you're not, You're comparing applauding Ferdinand with applauding a liverpool player who has never been a legend for NUFC. But thanks for trying to justify your weak argument anyway, appreciate it.

NE5 said you should not applaud opposition players, and has never seen it in 40 years. I pointed out that the WHOLE GROUND applauded Les Ferdinand, (and rightly so) as a mark of respect, which was only a few years ago. It's normal and it also shown him to be a hypocrite.

Swallowed that? Now naff off, you little spastic. I can't be arsed with you son.

"Naff off you little spastic"!!???!! That's genius. A poor insult, and a derogatory inference to the mentally impaired.

As it happens, I think YOU are ace, and not at all a "fan" incapable of seeing the truth in front of them if Fat Allardyce came over and had it tattooed on his huge head.

I'm guessing you don't go to the game, and before you start about it not mattering, etc, you're wrong.

it MUST be past your bed time, probably time you turned in, mate.

What a load of f****** s***, laughing at one of our players TRYING out of a squad of players not trying, you used a smiley called mackems, you should be f****** sitting with them every week in the SOL with that attitude.

In fainress, I've laughed at Smith and foremerly Ameobi a number of times. It can soemtimes seem the only way to not go mad watching these pieces of s**** play for us.

Exactly its called gallows humour. Sadly teens like NE5 are yet to grasp the concept and are still in super fan stage.

Clutching at straws.

IMO it aint the fact that we lost because Liverpool are a top side but its the manner in which we lost, We were clueless all over the park and SA didnt have a clue how to change things, Im still shocked at his subs.  tbf i dont think we have improved 1 bit since SA has taken over. I actually think we have looked worse defensively, conceded 7 goals in our last 2 games at SJP that fuckin shocking.

Bye.

Which means you missed the point entirely.

Bye.

And applauding a Newcastle legend is a vastly different proposition to applauding an opposing player who is possibly about to add to what is looking like a big, embarrassing, thrashing. Your abuse of NM does you no credit, as does your failure to grasp this fundamental difference that is being pointed out to you.

I don't applaud opposing players in this situation, and I don't know anybody who does, and not many people around me clapped him, nor laughted at our own players struggling, like booboo. At least I now know he doesn't sit anywhere near me.

Bye.

"Naff off you little spastic"!!???!! That's genius. A poor insult, and a derogatory inference to the mentally impaired.

As it happens, I think YOU are ace, and not at all a "fan" incapable of seeing the truth in front of them if Fat Allardyce came over and had it tattooed on his huge head.

I'm guessing you don't go to the game, and before you start about it not mattering, etc, you're wrong.

it MUST be past your bed time, probably time you turned in, mate.

Sorry, I do appreciate your contribution but this ends here.

Last word is yours on this matter as I haven't time to play message tennis with you, so go ahead.

"A poor insult, and a derogatory inference to the mentally impaired."

Sorry, didn't mean to offend your sort.

IMO it aint the fact that we lost because Liverpool are a top side but its the manner in which we lost, We were clueless all over the park and SA didnt have a clue how to change things, Im still shocked at his subs.  tbf i dont think we have improved 1 bit since SA has taken over. I actually think we have looked worse defensively, conceded 7 goals in our last 2 games at SJP that fuckin shocking.

Lot of sense there.

Bye.

And applauding a Newcastle legend is a vastly different proposition to applauding an opposing player who is possibly about to add to what is looking like a big, embarrassing, thrashing. Your abuse of NM does you no credit, as does your failure to grasp this fundamental difference that is being pointed out to you.

I don't applaud opposing players in this situation, and I don't know anybody who does, and not many people around me clapped him, nor laughted at our own players struggling, like booboo. At least I now know he doesn't sit anywhere near me.

Most of us obviously have enough of an affinity to the England team to pay respect by way of applause. Like I said, you will have to like it or lump it. You're whining about much of nothing at all.

I think the likes of Ne5 and HTL should be dissuaded from coming on after defeats as they are simply too upset to speak without resorting to silly namecalling and insults.

Blimey! What happened to this thread?!

It's plain to see the result and performance today has been painful for all of us, and is being reflected in this thread. What I can't stand is the likes of twining old women like NE5 banging on about pointless issues, having a go at us for something which really makes no difference what so ever in terms of the way our team plays.