Nail your colours to the mast: Sack or No Sack?

Keefaz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

give him time for fucks sake, anyone bothered about smith playing 90 minutes every week should be looking to get rid of the owner and not the manager

i'm suggesting he, and whoever is with him, turn up with smith on the back of his shirt every week, is it any coincidence that allardyce shoe horns him into any formation he can? i dont know

give him time for fucks sake, anyone bothered about smith playing 90 minutes every week should be looking to get rid of the owner and not the manager

Give him time for what?  How long does it take for him to realise that his impact on the team through his tactics and constant pissing about with team selection is causing more problems than they solve?

i'm suggesting he, and whoever is with him, turn up with smith on the back of his shirt every week, is it any coincidence that allardyce shoe horns him into any formation he can? i dont know

Allardyce is the one who convinced the chairman to part with substantial money for him. It's in Sam's own interests that Alan Smith plays and performs well as he is a major Allardyce signing.

OK, so Allardyce is spineless and hasn't got the bottle to pick his own team?  I thought Smith had been dropped this season and how does that impact on all of the other baffling things that Allardyce does?

Barring a serious threat of relegation, he must at least be given the rest of this season and the beginning of next.

When Allardyce arrived, the club possessed deep-rooted problems from previous regimes which simply weren't going to be fixed overnight. However disillusioning recent performances have been, i still have faith he will have learnt something from each, and is ultimately the man to turn the club around.

And then end up sacking another manager in September, the worst possible time of the year.

I say that because if we do finish in the bottom half this season i don't believe he should be sacked. If, however, after three transfer windows he still can't produce a coherent team capable of playing effective football, I wouldn't be inclined to give him another entire season.

Give him time for what?  How long does it take for him to realise that his impact on the team through his tactics and constant pissing about with team selection is causing more problems than they solve?

give him time to get a bigger group of players that are his signings, time to drill the players into the formations he wants to use, just, you know, some time, to turn things around, i dont like it either mate, that was shit today, but just give the bloke a chance

regarding the smith situation, yeah, maybe he hasnt got the balls to pick his own team, i dont know, i just find it too much of a coincidence that on the one hand, sam has a good record in this league, which surely must corrolate with the ability to see who should be playing where, and yet, smith has done nothing all season playing either wide or in centre mid and he continues to be played.....and the guy that pays everyones wages, AND ALL HIS MINDERS, wear smith shirts every week, he was on the front cover of the nufc annual for fucks sake!

Give him more time?  Fuck right off.  Is it going to take relegation before some people accept he is the wrong man for the job..

Watch the match today?  Would have been about 8 fucking 0 was it not for Beye and Given.  The tactics, the subs, the fact that we couldn't string 2 passes together without hoofing it.  Other than Smith's shot we didn't threaten once.

Fucking abysmal.

Give him more time?  Fuck right off.  Is it going to take relegation before some people accept he is the wrong man for the job..

Watch the match today?  Would have been about 8 fucking 0 was it not for Beye and Given.  The tactics, the subs, the fact that we couldn't string 2 passes together without hoofing it.  Other than Smith's shot we didn't threaten once.

Fucking abysmal.

You have nailed your colours to the mast. I hope you're proved wrong.

I've been advocating giving him a chance, but my patience is wearing thin.

I wonder if he's realised that he can't do here what he did at Bolton, and now he doesn't know what to do. I certainly think that the players don't know whether they're coming or going as the formation seems to change so often, not just game to game, but within games as well. What formation were we supposed to be playing today? I couldn't tell.

If he doesn't know what to do about it, then we should be looking elsewhere. I don't think we should sack him without a plan - as has happened here so often before, but if we have someone in mind, and he's out of his depth, get rid.

Give him more time?  f*** right off.  Is it going to take relegation before some people accept he is the wrong man for the job..

Watch the match today?  Would have been about 8 f****** 0 was it not for Beye and Given.  The tactics, the subs, the fact that we couldn't string 2 passes together without hoofing it.  Other than Smith's shot we didn't threaten once.

f****** abysmal.

what's your definiton of 'the job' ?

Ok then mick, what's your (and all the rest of you saying get rid) solution then?

It's a piece of piss to say: "sack the manager", but that in itself solves precisely fuck all. You need to be able to bring in someone better and give them what they need to be successful. Who and how, do you suggest?

Ok then mick, what's your (and all the rest of you saying get rid) solution then?

It's a piece of piss to say: "sack the manager", but that in itself solves precisely f*** all. You need to be able to bring in someone better and give them what they need to be successful. Who and how, do you suggest?

I think there's a huge issue that this board didn't appoint him. There's bound to be unrest until they appoint their own man.

Give him more time?  f*** right off.  Is it going to take relegation before some people accept he is the wrong man for the job..

Watch the match today?  Would have been about 8 f****** 0 was it not for Beye and Given.  The tactics, the subs, the fact that we couldn't string 2 passes together without hoofing it.  Other than Smith's shot we didn't threaten once.

f****** abysmal.

Someone with an ounce of tactical knowledge, logic and understanding of the game.  Not some fat headed prick who'll just sit there trying to look great with a head set on.

Barton on for Emre, Carr on for Enrique when it's 3-0 with 10 minutes left.. all you can do is laugh.

It's a piece of piss to say: "sack the manager", but that in itself solves precisely f*** all. You need to be able to bring in someone better and give them what they need to be successful. Who and how, do you suggest?

I think there's a huge issue that this board didn't appoint him. There's bound to be unrest until they appoint their own man.

That's a point, but do you think that's all that's wrong?

For it to be, there needs to be some serious interference from the board into his running of the team going on behind the scenes. If that's the case then that's really worrying.

f****** abysmal.

Someone with an ounce of tactical knowledge, logic and understanding of the game.  Not some fat headed prick who'll just sit there trying to look great with a head set on.

Barton on for Emre, Carr on for Enrique when it's 3-0 with 10 minutes left.. all you can do is laugh.

you didnt answer my question

f****** abysmal.

Aye imagine giving two players returning from long term injuries some much needed match pratice when the game was effectively over.