Nail your colours to the mast: Sack or No Sack?

Keefaz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sacking him now would cement our reputation as a revolving door club and the whole country wouldnt stop laughing.

Just got to roll with the punches at the minute.

Keep him.

keep him because of what other people would think ?

I would sack him. But i don't think they will, but when we have been beaten by Blackburn and Arsenal... which are pretty guaranteed defeats, I think they will act and get rid of him.

I think somebody needs to get a big red marker pen, and put L and R on Fat Sam's shoes as he does not seem to have a clue as to who is right and left footed at the club.  N'Zogbia off for Milner ??  Carr on for Enrique when 3-0 down. 

Blatantly hates lefties: started with 3, ended with 0.

Sacking him now would cement our reputation as a revolving door club and the whole country wouldnt stop laughing.

Keep him.

keep him because of what other people would think ?

Agree, tbh I don't give a shit what other fans think. The main thing is we do what's best for NUFC. It'll all really depend on how much time Mike Ashley feels he should give someone else's man. I think unless we are in serious danger of going down, he'll stick with Sam through till the end of the season.

Keep him.

A lot of people think Allardyce has been found out since coming here so I wouldn't worry too much what they think, we'll never win with some people.

Guest bluegeordie

We shall see ... and no doubt remain seriously nervous, and three-quarters pissed, in the meantime. I'm hoping, however, that most of the home support will resist the temptation to turn Saint James's into a pantomime theatre while they watch the drama unfold. How anyone can think that an atmosphere like today's can help to bring the best out of our manager or players remains a complete mystery to me. No, imho, while as supporters our frustration and criticism are completely understandable, there are appropriate times and ways of expressing such things, and those who resort to a continual cycle of boos, hisses, and premature walkouts are nothing short of pathetic.

a nice sentiment mate, but never going to happen. i may not renew my season ticket next season, and if that does end up being the case, being surrounded by 50,000 morons every week will be the main contributing factor

True enough, but somehow I always expect more. Seems like Sam might not be the only "slow learner" ...

If the boos are going to continue unabated, then in the spirit of generating "atmosphere", I wouldn't blame Sam if he appeared in the technical area at the next home game looking something like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c2/Villianc.svg/300px-Villianc.svg.png

I think it depends on form between now and 15th December. We have 4 games in that period Blackburn (A), Arsenal (H), Birmingham (H) and Fulham (A). If we don't beat Birmingham and Fulham and do poorly against Balckburn and Arsenal then I think he has to go.

Then we have 15 days to find a new manager before January and then we must spend big in January.

If he does well in those 4 games then I think we keep him and back him in January.

I think it depends on form between now and 15th December. We have 4 games in that period Blackburn (A), Arsenal (H), Birmingham (H) and Fulham (A). If we don't beat Birmingham and Fulham and do poorly against Balckburn and Arsenal then I think he has to go.

Then we have 15 days to find a new manager before January and then we must spend big in January.

If he does well in those 4 games then I think we keep him and back him in January.

I've gone off Allardyce as much as most but we should only get rid if we have a lot better to come in.

Guest bluegeordie

But surely so much (the medium to long term term future of the club) shouldn't hinge on so little (four fixtures, including two very challenging ones) ??? 

But surely so much (the medium to long term term future of the club) shouldn't hinge on so little (four fixtures, including two very challenging ones) ??? 

I think you only have to look at the able though. If we do that poorly in our next 4 fixtures then I can see us being down to atleast 14th, 15th or 16th and after almost half the season you know your in trouble if you are that far down the league.

I didn't want him here in the first place, I've always said he's a small club man and the way he begged for the England job when he was at Bolton made me want to reach for the sick bag.

When asked the question of whether or not he should be sacked I ask myself, "if I was Ashley and it was my money, would I trust this over cautious plank to spend it well" and the answer is NO. So I'd boot him out.

I think you only have to look at the able though. If we do that poorly in our next 4 fixtures then I can see us being down to atleast 14th, 15th or 16th and after almost half the season you know your in trouble if you are that far down the league.

the table doesn't matter. we could have had the results we've had and been OK with it. it's the manner in which those results have come about that is leading to the unrest

I didn't want him here in the first place, I've always said he's a small club man and the way he begged for the England job when he was at Bolton made me want to reach for the sick bag.

When asked the question of whether or not he should be sacked I ask myself, "if I was Ashley and it was my money, would I trust this over cautious plank to spend it well" and the answer is NO. So I'd boot him out.

When would you boot him out and under what circumstances?

I think any manager who has a postive approach to winning football matches and puts that ahead of pissing themselves to death at the thought of losing matches (transmitting that negative approach to the players) will improve the performances without spending a single penny.

I think any manager who has a postive approach to winning football matches and puts that ahead of pissing themselves to death at the thought of losing matches (transmitting that negative approach to the players) will improve the performances without spending a single penny.

aye

the table doesn't matter. we could have had the results we've had and been OK with it. it's the manner in which those results have come about that is leading to the unrest

Spot on, Madras

This is one area where he has totally off his own back given the game away. He hasn't re-adjusted to thinking big.

This is one area where he has totally off his own back given the game away. He hasn't re-adjusted to thinking big.

not even thinking big,it's the basics.

Why waste time, he's clearly not the man.

Transfers have proved to be shite, tactics are shite and results are shite.

Get him out, get someone PROVEN in (if anyone will come) and give him the transfer window in Jan.

This season is a write off already.

Why waste time, he's clearly not the man.

Transfers have proved to be s****, tactics are s**** and results are s****.

Get him out, get someone PROVEN in (if anyone will come) and give him the transfer window in Jan.

This season is a write off already.

Pretty much agree. I used to be defensive about roeder and hated the people calling for his head early on, but it turns out they were right and I was wrong.  All the warning signs are there, and i defy people to come up with a few positive indicators from our season so far. Whats the point of giving him time? Time is needed to build a squad, not to make really incredibly basic (can i stress basic any more?) desicions. Get him out asap.

For fucks sake, what's your beef? "OH MY GOD WE'RE ON A BAD RUN OF FORM, QUICK SACK THE MANGER!" You've got to ask yourself what good will it do? Of course apart from satisfy the boos of a bunch of impatient tools.

Of course we're playing piss poor football, but it comes hand in hand with a bad run of results, it's natural. When we were on song at home the football was beginning to look better against the West Ham and co, it works both ways.

What doesn't help is impatient fans instantly jumping on the back of the manager as soon as it does go slightly pear-shaped. We need continuity, correct. We need the right manager as well, but how we will we ever know if Big Sam is the the correct choice if we sack him three months into his job, give the man a break, let him have a fair crack at the whip. If results haven't picked up after a couple of seasons then so be it, but how will we ever know if we carry on down this road we've been on far too long as it is...

For fucks sake, what's your beef? "OH MY GOD WE'RE ON A BAD RUN OF FORM, QUICK SACK THE MANGER!" You've got to ask yourself what good will it do? Of course apart from satisfy the boos of a bunch of impatient tools.

Of course we're playing piss poor football, but it comes hand in hand with a bad run of results, it's natural. When we were on song at home the football was beginning to look better against the West Ham and co, it works both ways.

What doesn't help is impatient fans instantly jumping on the back of the manager as soon as it does go slightly pear-shaped. We need continuity, correct. We need the right manager as well, but how we will we ever know if Big Sam is the the correct choice if we sack him three months into his job, give the man a break, let him have a fair crack at the whip. If results haven't picked up after a couple of seasons then so be it, but how will we ever know if we carry on down this road we've been on far too long as it is...

I don't think we should have to wait a couple of seasons, if he's not looking like doing anything come May then he should go.