Nail your colours to the mast: Sack or No Sack?

Keefaz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's all this talk of "net" spend?

we sold first team players for good fees and they were replaced by first team players for good fees.

Sell Kieron Dyer for £6.5M and replace him with Smith for the same figure.. Smith has been terrible

Same thing can be shown with Parker and Barton.

Sam's signings have been poor.

Is there a difference between signing players in January to let them settle in before kicking on next season and bringing in a new manager in December (to allow a few emergency signings if needed) and not giving any expectations until next season?

I can't see where Sam is taking us (possibly lower than Roeder managed last year), and seeing as in the recent past the likes of Houllier and Ranieri have expressed and interest in the job (suggesting it is still an attractive proposition) I'd get rid sooner rather than later.

Mike wants entertaining from his club - that much seems clear. He isn't getting it atm so I'd imagine his finger is getting itchy

sam was appointed because of what he was able to do at bolton over a number of seasons, did anyone check his record over their first 13 games? i doubt it, why? because it doesnt matter, its what you do over the course of one, two, three seasons that matters, thats when you judge a manager, not after 13 f****** games, for fucks sake, get, a f******, grip

edit - wow, we can say fucks?

Keep him. He needs time, as does any manager. Far too many people expect instant success in the Keegan mold which is never going to happen. How many managers are currently reaping the rewards after going through patches like this?

I'm yet to see a valid reason to keep him.

Keep him. He needs time, as does any manager. Far too many people expect instant success in the Keegan mold which is never going to happen. How many managers are currently reaping the rewards after going through patches like this?

He got rid of Keyring and Titus.

He did well to get so much for Dyer but Bramble going was a decision which had already been made before he came.

He did well to get so much for Dyer but Bramble going was a decision which had already been made before he came.

who's he ?

who's he ?

Allardyce.

who's he ?

Allardyce.

i don't think that would have been down to allardyce, do you ? the decision to sell maybe but not the price and the haggling that went on

Reasons to keep him:

- He's got a good record.

- As Mort said, success comes through stability, sacking managers all the time isn't going to get us anywhere.

- We're what; 13 games into the season and we're already trying to lynch him. He hasn't had time to do anything yet.

- The players respect him, he can attract good players (Anelka etc). Also, the players he's had in the past all love him.

- He spent very little in the transfer window and we have had our best start in 11 year (I know this is deceptive, but there it is).

- He's got his head screwed on when it comes to back room staff.

- The players he bought during the last transfer window were 'cover' types of players, he get rid of the rubbish and got some hard workers in in there place, Dyer for Smith etc.

- He uses tactics (even though they don't work at the moment) - unlike our past two managers.

- He appears to be ignoring 90% of our fans - which to me is a good thing.

There are probably more, but it's late and I'm tired.

Reasons to sack him:

- He keeps playing players out of position (if this is a good enough reason?).

- We're losing games (even though we're only 13 games in, I can see how some people will drop their arse over this).

I can't think of anything else at the moment, it's late and I'm tired.

Stop letting your emotions take control of you when you post. Read what you type out loud, and before you press "post", try and see the opposite side of your statement.

And last but not least, stop reading crappy newspapers, they make so much money from crappy stories such as "Sam has lost the dressing room" - it's all bloody stupid. :p

nn m8/people

Reasons to keep him:

- As Mort said, success comes through stability, sacking managers all the time isn't going to get us anywhere.

- We're what; 13 games into the season and we're already trying to lynch him. He hasn't had time to do anything yet.

- The players respect him, he can attract good players (Anelka etc). Also, the players he's had in the past all love him.

- He spent very little in the transfer window and we have had our best start in 11 year (I know this is deceptive, but there it is).

- He's got his head screwed on when it comes to back room staff.

- The players he bought during the last transfer window were 'cover' types of players, he get rid of the rubbish and got some hard workers in in there place, Dyer for Smith etc.

- He uses tactics (even though they don't work at the moment) - unlike our past two managers.

- He appears to be ignoring 90% of our fans - which to me is a good thing.

Reasons to sack him:

- He keeps playing players out of position (if this is a good enough reason?).

- We're losing games (even though we're only 13 games in, I can see how some people will drop their arse over this).

Stop letting your emotions take control of you when you post. Read what you type out loud, and before you press "post", try and see the opposite side of your statement.

And last but not least, stop reading crappy newspapers, they make so much money from crappy stories such as "Sam has lost the dressing room" - it's all bloody stupid. :p

nn m8/people

Spot on

Reasons to keep him:

- As Mort said, success comes through stability, sacking managers all the time isn't going to get us anywhere.stability usually comes with success

- We're what; 13 games into the season and we're already trying to lynch him. He hasn't had time to do anything yet.he hasn't had time to improve us from souness/roeder ?

- The players respect him, he can attract good players (Anelka etc). Also, the players he's had in the past all love him.do they ?

- He spent very little in the transfer window and we have had our best start in 11 year (I know this is deceptive, but there it is).no we haven't....and we've had a bloody easy start

- He's got his head screwed on when it comes to back room staff.prove it

- The players he bought during the last transfer window were 'cover' types of players, he get rid of the rubbish and got some hard workers in in there place, Dyer for Smith etc.lets hope so. i've as much reason to believe these are the players he wanted as they are the type of players he bought at bolton

- He uses tactics (even though they don't work at the moment) - unlike our past two managers.read that sentence again

- He appears to be ignoring 90% of our fans - which to me is a good thing.so did souness

Reasons to sack him:

- He keeps playing players out of position (if this is a good enough reason?).not on it's own

- We're losing games (even though we're only 13 games in, I can see how some people will drop their arse over this).and playing shit,worse than we should be due to unfathomable team selections,formations and tactics

nn m8/people

Guest Ridzuan

I dont actually buy into give the new manager more time to show what he can do because I always think that is just an excuse.Look at people like Mourinho for example.He achieve wonderful things in his first season with Chelsea but of course you would like to think that if we stick him for the long turn,then he may turn out like Ferguson.I also dont buy into the fact that he always say we have a group of many new players and they need time to adjust.Look at Manchester City,I think they had more new players than us and most of them hasnt even played in the Premier League before nor does they speak english when they came.but look at where they are now.Nevertheless,as much as I am feeling angry and disappointed right now,Im going to stick with Sam,but he has got to do much much better quickly or I might have a change of heart.

I dont actually buy into give the new manager more time to show what he can do because I always think that is just an excuse.Look at people like Mourinho for example.He achieve wonderful things in his first season with Chelsea but of course you would like to think that if we stick him for the long turn,then he may turn out like Ferguson.I also dont buy into the fact that he always say we have a group of many new players and they need time to adjust.Look at Manchester City,I think they had more new players than us and most of them hasnt even played in the Premier League before nor does they speak english when they came.but look at where they are now.Nevertheless,as much as I am feeling angry and disappointed right now,Im going to stick with Sam,but he has got to do much much better quickly or I might have a change of heart.

mourinho could outspend anyone to achieve his aims...sven has done well so far after spending wads.

most nufc fans aren't expecting that but we know we should be performing a lot better with the squad we have. it hasn't even been the results it's been the performances.