Bruno Alves

Mr. Snrub

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article526027.ece

SAM ALLARDYCE is weighing up a January swoop for Porto centre-back Bruno Alves.

The Newcastle boss made a personal trip to Anfield on Wednesday night to watch the Portugal international in action.

The Toon manager had already received good reports about Alves after sending scout Bobby Saxton to watch him earlier in the month.

But Alves was part of a Porto defence that struggled to hold Liverpool’s Fernando Torres-inspired attack as they slumped to a 4-1 defeat.

Now Allardyce must decide whether to make a bid for the 26-year-old defender, who was handed a first cap by Big Phil Scolari this year.

Despite bringing in several new defenders since his arrival in the summer, Allardyce has been disappointed with the number of soft goals his team has conceded.

Hmm, does this mean Fat Sam has had talks with Ashley and Mort about transfer activity in January..

But fucking hell, another defender - we need to start getting linked with good attacking players.

i don't think cb should be the focus area tbh - not unless we bring in someone really experienced in the pl.

i'd rather pick a pairing of what we've got and give them a good run together.

How about a couple of midfielders that can hold onto the ball and pass it!? Another defender won't change the amount of pressure the midfield(or lack of) puts on the backline.

And I doubt another couple of midfielders would do so either, as long as Big Sam persists in his strange team selections with players out of position and asking them to set out for a draw.

Great, another defender who was torn apart by Liverpool. Get him in, the more the merrier!

I wonder if Besiktas have anyone we can buy.

Personally, I thought Porto more than held there own in that match, with only a lucky penalty and some classy Torres play making the difference.

Why don't we just forget the midfield and play 6 at the back with 4 up front (two big and two small)

The 6 at the back could just hoof it up to the 4 up front.

Problem solved. Next!

Crouch Zigic Martins ( New small striker ? )