Peter Crouch

Kev

If they do want to keep Crouch would anyone take Kuyt?

Don't really think we'd need him. He's basically Smith with an added goal-threat. For the money it'd cost us, I don't think he'd be worth it.

Thats exactly what I was thinking, would depend how much he would cost. I can't imagine his value has exactly shot up since he has been there.

If they do want to keep Crouch would anyone take Kuyt?

Don't really think we'd need him. He's basically Smith with an added goal-threat. For the money it'd cost us, I don't think he'd be worth it.

Thats exactly what I was thinking, would depend how much he would cost. I can't imagine his value has exactly shot up since he has been there.

No, but at the same time, I don't think Liverpool will want to sell him for peanuts.

would be a good addition at the right price (8 mill seems to have been thrown about in the papers) but would obviously seem to indicate the end for shola and probably either owen or extending vidukas contract I would be quite happy going for someone older and trying to get gudjonsson in for about the same money purely due to him being able to play in midfield and as a striker I never exactly ever got excited by an owen crouch partnership

Crouch is the archetypal player who has average ability that does well while surrounded by good players from every angle at a team like Liverpool - but this is his pinnacle. Once he leaves Liverpool he wouldnt look half the player. He had 1 good season at Southampton and Rafa has managed to use him well in his team formation and the players around him have given him a lot of confidence.

If he came here I can only see him being a massive flop. He is a decent lad and has a reasonable level of ability but not enough to make him stand out wherever he goes. Its Liverpool that make him look good.

Tottenham, QPR, Portsmouth etc etc didnt move him on because he was too good for them

Crouch really needs ball to feet but because of his height I fear we (like that useless ginger tosser) would go for the long balls for him to knock down. He isnt bad at the little flicks ons but I think he is better with his feet.

Crouch is a very handy, intelligent player, and I hope we don't sell him. He and Torres play very well together.

Reverse psychology?

Not at all. I rate him more highly that Kuyt--Crouchy has a bit of class about him, even if he has the elegance of a drunken giraffe.

Crouch really needs ball to feet but because of his height I fear we (like that useless ginger tosser) would go for the long balls for him to knock down. He isnt bad at the little flicks ons but I think he is better with his feet.

That is very true.

He is a bit gash in the air, but watch his goal against Arsenal: brilliant footwork.

Crouch is a very handy, intelligent player, and I hope we don't sell him. He and Torres play very well together.

Reverse psychology?

Not at all. I rate him more highly that Kuyt--Crouchy has a bit of class about him, even if he has the elegance of a drunken giraffe.

It really helps who he has playing around him and they movement they make off the ball.

He would have those same types of player here and sadly would be very exposed

blueyes.gif

Reverse psychology?

It really helps who he has playing around him and they movement they make off the ball.

I think he plays well with Owen, not that you're having Crouch, like.

See: Viduka

Crouch is like a younger and fitter viduka, just a whole lot more awkward to watch.

If we are going to pay 8m+ for a striker, i say we get Berbatov

:lol:

Reverse psychology?

That's lucky, because he's still shit. Plus, the Crouch-Torres partnership is the same as the Kuyt-Torres or the Babel-Torres partnership - Fernando makes anyone look twice the player they are. I mean, he makes Steven Gerrard look like a "brilliant" footballer for Liverpool, when anyone who's seen Ingerlund play knows that he's not that great...

Reverse psychology?

That's lucky, because he's still shit. Plus, the Crouch-Torres partnership is the same as the Kuyt-Torres or the Babel-Torres partnership - Fernando makes anyone look twice the player they are. I mean, he makes Steven Gerrard look like a "brilliant" footballer for Liverpool, when anyone who's seen Ingerlund play knows that he's not that great...

Aye, it's only just this season Gerrard has looked great for Liverpool :lol:

Reverse psychology?

Aye, it's only just this season Gerrard has looked great for Liverpool :lol:

whoosh.

To be honest im not sure we need him, if we play 433, then we dont need the link man we need the 2 grafting forwards who get back to defend, and i think we have some superb combinations, if we were to play with 2 upfront, to be honest i dont think SA will go for a striker this jan or even summer providing nothing changes, im praying he'll stick to trying to boost up the midfiled, which isnt looking very dynamic.

If we are going to pay 8m+ for a striker, i say we get Berbatov

Reckon we need a RM more, why don't we get C. Ronaldo for £10m?

:D

as for crouch - great player imo. would be perfect alongside owen or martins. but if he becomes available i fear that city will offer silly money and wages, thus effectively ending anyone else's hope of signing him.

I will go for Berbatove very agile striker and his love for toon gives us total commitment.

oh yes, and while we're at it, why don't we swoop for that kaka bloke....

seriously lads, berbatov we're rumoured to be going for around 20m+ to manure or the likes. he wont come here in a million years ffs

Reverse psychology?

That's lucky, because he's still s***. Plus, the Crouch-Torres partnership is the same as the Kuyt-Torres or the Babel-Torres partnership - Fernando makes anyone look twice the player they are. I mean, he makes Steven Gerrard look like a "brilliant" footballer for Liverpool, when anyone who's seen Ingerlund play knows that he's not that great...

Because all the other England players shone so brightly  under McClaren?