Peter Crouch

Kev

I'd be happy with Crouch like

photoshop tttttttttime  :celb:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7707/tooncroucham4.png

heh, I had to do it quick  :angel:

His shorts suggest his mind is on another club...

bollocks haha, told you I did it quick!

I really don't want Crouch. :undecided:

Agreed.

x2

x3

Why? Ridiculous just quoting Dave's preference.

Why don't you want him? Wages? Style of play? Why do you think he will not fit in with Owen and Martins up front? Does he not score enough goals? Is £8m too expensive?

It's because he looks gammy, innit.  O0

Crouch wouldn't be absolutely ideal, but he certainly fits the mold of the type of player we need to bring in to lead the line. Ideally we'd bring in a guy with a bit more of a physical presence, and more mobile. But at least with Crouch we know we'd be getting a guy who's proven in the Premiership and who seems keen to play as much football as he can.

His ability generally gets overlooked due to his ungainly appearance, but he's actually a very tidy player with the ball at his feet, and would be very useful as a focal point in a pass and move type of game.

Be quite happy with him, all things considered.

I like Crouch. He's not all about heading either, he's remarkably adept with the ball at his feet. I think he's under-rated by way too many people.

I think Michael "The Midget" Owen is better with his head tbh.

I like Crouch. He's not all about heading either, he's remarkably adept with the ball at his feet. I think he's under-rated by way too many people.

I think Michael "The Midget" Owen is better with his head tbh.

Owen is a case in point. We really want fast mobile strikers who can rotate deep, have plenty of movement off the ball and can take a hand in creating. Crouch isn't really that player. He is an antique...THe modern game has passed this kind of player by.

Agreed.

x2

x3

Why don't you want him? Wages? Style of play? Why do you think he will not fit in with Owen and Martins up front? Does he not score enough goals? Is £8m too expensive?

He's a slow target man who isn't strong physically, he's tall but weak in the air, and he's never scored alot of goals. His wages would also be high, like they are with all top 4 cast offs.

Agreed.

x2

x3

No Pace.

Can't drift deep.

No tricks.

One dimensional.

Don't want to pay silly money.

Don't want to give Liverpool a way of ditching their 4th choice striker.

dunno mate. He scores goals, leads the line, good in the air and certainly better with the ball at his feet than many people think.

Its not silly money, the price is probably about right, bearing in mind a 4 year contract taking him to 31 would depreciate his value, but hopefully we would get 4 good years.

Not saying there aren't better, but look at it another way, if we get half that for Ameobi from Stoke, we are laughing.

Maybe he shouldn't be Liverpools 4th choice striker behind Voronin ? And its hardly a disgrace to be behind a player like Torres in the pecking order ?

Agreed.

x2

x3

No Pace.

Can't drift deep.

No tricks.

One dimensional.

£8m is hardly silly money for a guy who's proved he can be a real handful against some of the best defenses in the Premiership.

Agreed.

x2

x3

No Pace.

Can't drift deep.

No tricks.

One dimensional.

dunno mate. He scores goals, leads the line, good in the air and certainly better with the ball at his feet than many people think.

Its not silly money, the price is probably about right, bearing in mind a 4 year contract taking him to 31 would depreciate his value, but hopefully we would get 4 good years.

Not saying there aren't better, but look at it another way, if we get half that for Ameobi from Stoke, we are laughing.

Maybe he shouldn't be Liverpools 4th choice striker behind Voronin ? And its hardly a disgrace to be behind a player like Torres in the pecking order ?

And 'running through jelly' Kuyt and now Babel as well.

The wages would be massive as well.

Agreed.

x2

x3

No Pace.

Can't drift deep.

No tricks.

One dimensional.

£8m is hardly silly money for a guy who's proved he can be a real handful against some of the best defenses in the Premiership.

Hopefully Pompey will get him........

Agreed.

x2

x3

No Pace.

Can't drift deep.

No tricks.

One dimensional.

And 'running through jelly' Kuyt and now Babel as well.

The wages would be massive as well.

oh Kite/Cowt. Forgot about him. Good honest player, but a poor finisher I'd prefer Crouch to him personally as a central striker.

No to Crouch - persoanlly think he flatters to decieve. He's distictinly average at every single aspect of his game, but covers his averageness with the odd goal - can easily get marked out a game - not so much when he's coming off the bench and offers something height wise. When he;s played consistenlty he's had a pretty consisitent habit of going through long long goal droughts.

Would like my strikers to pose more of a threat up front personally.

Would be easier to name the things he excels at. link up play maybe?

Agreed.

x2

x3

No Pace.

Can't drift deep.

No tricks.

One dimensional.

the first two points are in-correct imo, he's very skillful and his close control isnt too far behind viduka. i dont think he's one dimensional at all, he can bring the ball out of the air, control it to feet, bring people into play, run the channels, flick on, has a dependable finish now and also scores the odd screamer.

not wanting to pay silly money isnt a reason not to sign him, its a condition, and the last point is just stupid

And calling him 4th choice at Liverpool is harsh.

Just can't get a game because they play one up top with Gerrard just off. Kuyt, Babel, Voronin and the others all play primarily as wide men really, which Crouch isn't suited to.

If they switched to a flat 4-4-2 he'd be playing up front with Torres, IMO. Better than Kuyt for me.

Kuyt gets games on the right wing, but never up front. He is actually only behind Torres. Voronin is pap, Rafa seems to like him because of his ridiculous hair.

Crouch will be good for us. When Viduka was on song, we were always threatening. Crouch is more versatile than Viduka, but what's important is that he still can offer what Viduka does in terms of holding the ball up. If we get some new midfielders, we'll have enough movement in attack to be challenging for a top 6 place.

Yes, I would like someone more mobile as well, but this boy just scores goals whenever he's played in the past 3 seasons, and does it in any team at any level (Southampton - Premiership, Liverpool - Premiership and CL and England - International). He's really capable and people underestimate him because he seems to be pigeon-holed into that 'big man' role when he's actually quite a lot more than that.

I like him, and for £8m, I think he'd be a really worth it. His wages won't be big, he wants to play and he is ambitious. He is the type of player whose attitude can change our team.

Would prefer Kenwyn Jones to Crouch based on this season - now he;s a proper handful for the defenders Sunderland would of been 10times more dangerous at SJP if he had a bit of support.

No to Crouch - persoanlly think he flatters to decieve. He's distictinly average at every single aspect of his game, but covers his averageness with the odd goal - can easily get marked out a game - not so much when he's coming off the bench and offers something height wise. When he;s played consistenlty he's had a pretty consisitent habit of going through long long goal droughts.

Would like my strikers to pose more of a threat up front personally.

Would be easier to name the things he excels at. link up play maybe?

Can he not offer something height wise when he starts, no?

Very good first touch, quick feet, good awareness of his teammates runs, handful in the air due to his sheer size.

All useful talents in a target man, which is what we need.

Not a great finisher but he'll chip in with goals here and there.

Again, not world class or anything but I think he'd be a solid signing.

Kenwyne Jones has had one good season, and it wasn't even that good, was it? 7 freaking goals. Crouch scored 12 for Southampton when they were relegated and he's improved since then. And Kenwyne Jones would cost a hell of a lot more than £8m.

If it's between us and Pompey, I think it's a safe bet he'd be playing in blue next season. Him and Defoe could be a very good partnership.

I would have thought he's beyond Pompey's wage structure, but they do seem to be spending big money on players which are usually beyond a club with a limited fan base. Maybe the owner is doing a Ridsdale and planning on mortgaging the club to oblivion.

If reports are to be believed, Sol Campbell is one of the highest paid players in the Premiership.

Gaydamak is hardly short of a few bob, is he?

He's a slow target man who isn't strong physically, he's tall but weak in the air, and he's never scored alot of goals. His wages would also be high, like they are with all top 4 cast offs.

Sums it up for me. While it's correctly being pointed out that he's under-rated for his work with the ball at his feet, it's also true that because he's so tall it's assumed he's good in the air.

I don't think he is particularly. We do need a target man, but one who is physically dominating enough to lead the line. I'm not convinced he is.

If it's between us and Pompey, I think it's a safe bet he'd be playing in blue next season. Him and Defoe could be a very good partnership.

Disagree completely, i think he will chose us, and i think Crouch/Matins, Crouch/Owen, is a much better partnership than Crouch/Defoe. I think Defoe is very average in terms of premiership quality, his misses on Wednesday highlighted his 'head down and hit it' approach to finishing.

KK would be a positive for Crouch as too would Redknapp, but i think he longs to be idolised and he could/would get that in the bucketload here.

We are still a big draw don't forget that. The majority of home grown players want to play here

We'll see. Crouch's recent comment about the SJP crowd being "vicious" probably aren't in our favour, neither is the fact that Portsmouth are in Europe and that they can match us for wages these days. He's been at Pompey before and left on good terms, from what I recall, and in all honesty they're a lot further along the line than we are in terms of their squad or "plan", for want of a better word.

I'd be very pleasantly surprised if he came here, all things being equal (wages offered, etc.)