Peter Crouch

Kev

If it's between us and Pompey, I think it's a safe bet he'd be playing in blue next season. Him and Defoe could be a very good partnership.

Disagree completely, i think he will chose us, and i think Crouch/Matins, Crouch/Owen, is a much better partnership than Crouch/Defoe. I think Defoe is very average in terms of premiership quality, his misses on Wednesday highlighted his 'head down and hit it' approach to finishing.

KK would be a positive for Crouch as too would Redknapp, but i think he longs to be idolised and he could/would get that in the bucketload here.

We are still a big draw don't forget that. The majority of home grown players want to play here

We'll see. Crouch's recent comment about the SJP crowd being "vicious" probably aren't in our favour, neither is the fact that Portsmouth are in Europe and that they can match us for wages these days. He's been at Pompey before and left on good terms, from what I recall, and in all honesty they're a lot further along the line than we are in terms of their squad or "plan", for want of a better word.

I'd be very pleasantly surprised if he came here, all things being equal (wages offered, etc.)

Having played for a real football club at Liverpool, it would seem a strange decision to go to a club like Portsmouth which can barely get 25,000 supporters into a tatty stadium. If Crouch would prefer to go there than that's the best place for him I'd say.

Kuyt gets games on the right wing, but never up front. He is actually only behind Torres. Voronin is pap, Rafa seems to like him because of his ridiculous hair.

Crouch will be good for us. When Viduka was on song, we were always threatening. Crouch is more versatile than Viduka, but what's important is that he still can offer what Viduka does in terms of holding the ball up. If we get some new midfielders, we'll have enough movement in attack to be challenging for a top 6 place.

Yes, I would like someone more mobile as well, but this boy just scores goals whenever he's played in the past 3 seasons, and does it in any team at any level (Southampton - Premiership, Liverpool - Premiership and CL and England - International). He's really capable and people underestimate him because he seems to be pigeon-holed into that 'big man' role when he's actually quite a lot more than that.

I like him, and for £8m, I think he'd be a really worth it. His wages won't be big, he wants to play and he is ambitious. He is the type of player whose attitude can change our team.

agree, with the major point being that he has shown he wants to play all the time and not sit on the bench

They are a better team and will be playing in Europe next season.

52,000 fans to play in front of would be nice (well not always) but its not everything a player will be looking for, they could go to Scotland if they wanted a lot of people to play in front of.

Would prefer Kenwyn Jones to Crouch based on this season - now he;s a proper handful for the defenders Sunderland would of been 10times more dangerous at SJP if he had a bit of support.

fair comment. Another good player, but Crouch is available.

52,000 fans to play in front of would be nice (well not always) but its not everything a player will be looking for, they could go to Scotland if they wanted a lot of people to play in front of.

the one thing pompey have is the fact he's played for Redknapp before, but honestly if he chose pompey before us he'd be out of his head

Why?

As said they are a better team at the moment and can offer European football next season. If I had to bet I would put my money on them finishing above us next season aswell.

If they went to Scotland thy couldn't play in the most exciting league in the world, so a slightly misleading comparison. I don't have any axe to grind about Portsmouth, as I've said, it's a lovely place. Miles better for sun sand and sea than Newcastle.

As a football club though, it's still a small club with a ramshackle stadium and no support. Although they've had a decent season obviously.

Its not really a misleading comparsion, there are two clubs up there with as many supporters (more in the case of Celtic) as we have. Portsmouth are currently in a better position to compete than us so it wouldn't be that crazy for him to go there. Its not as if they are afraid to pay big money either.

Some unbelievable arrogance in here like. :nope:

Have to agree. Pompey are looking a much more attractive proposition than ourselves at the minute. FA Cup winners, Europe, good fans, playing well, rated manager, seemingly no shortage of dough.

Guest BooBoo

People need to face facts. We're a mid table club with aspirations of moving into the top half. We have a manager who is possibly way past his sell by date and an owner who at present time seems more focussed on balance sheets than football teams. We have no chairman at present and have a set up that, at best, seems a little odd.

If Peter Crouch really wants to ditch Liverpool and Champions League football to end up with our rag bag club then i would gladly shake him by the hand.

Crouch may not have that pace and physical presence, can't deny that.

But what you lose by not having the pace and power, you're gaining in close control. The bigger, more physically impressive target men we could go for aren't likely to have the touch and technique that Crouch has.

Given that Martins figures to be his strike partner, Crouch could be the way to go. Martins has enough pace and physicality about him to pressure the opposition, but recieving the ball to feet with his back to goal certainly isn't his strong point. If we're going to play the ball on the deck then we need someone who can link the play nicely to allow Martins to do what he does best.

People need to face facts. We're a mid table club with aspirations of moving into the top half. We have a manager who is possibly way past his sell by date and an owner who at present time seems more focussed on balance sheets than football teams. We have no chairman at present and have a set up that, at best, seems a little odd.

If Peter Crouch really wants to ditch Liverpool and Champions League football to end up with our rag bag club then i would gladly shake him by the hand.

:thup:

People need to face facts. We're a mid table club with aspirations of moving into the top half. We have a manager who is possibly way past his sell by date and an owner who at present time seems more focussed on balance sheets than football teams . We have no chairman at present and have a set up that, at best, seems a little odd.

:coolsmiley:

And people, come off it please. Kenwyne Jones is utter gash. You might as well play a pillow up front. Or maybe a toenail clipping?

only thing wrong with him is he plays for the mackems

If it's between us and Pompey, I think it's a safe bet he'd be playing in blue next season. Him and Defoe could be a very good partnership.

Disagree completely, i think he will chose us, and i think Crouch/Matins, Crouch/Owen, is a much better partnership than Crouch/Defoe. I think Defoe is very average in terms of premiership quality, his misses on Wednesday highlighted his 'head down and hit it' approach to finishing.

KK would be a positive for Crouch as too would Redknapp, but i think he longs to be idolised and he could/would get that in the bucketload here.

We are still a big draw don't forget that. The majority of home grown players want to play here

We'll see. Crouch's recent comment about the SJP crowd being "vicious" probably aren't in our favour, neither is the fact that Portsmouth are in Europe and that they can match us for wages these days. He's been at Pompey before and left on good terms, from what I recall, and in all honesty they're a lot further along the line than we are in terms of their squad or "plan", for want of a better word.

I'd be very pleasantly surprised if he came here, all things being equal (wages offered, etc.)

Having played for a real football club at Liverpool, it would seem a strange decision to go to a club like Portsmouth which can barely get 25,000 supporters into a tatty stadium. If Crouch would prefer to go there than that's the best place for him I'd say.

In fairness, it would be difficult to get 25,000 people into a 20,000 capacity stadium! They're building a new one soon, too, aren't they?

Anyone who thinks this is a ragbag club with an over the hill manager should probably join Crouch at Portsmouth. There's a nice lttle club with shed for a ground that can easily accomodate a few more supporters. Plus they've got a jowelly faced cunt for a manager whose wife tells him where he can work :thup:

Anyone who thinks this is a ragbag club with an over the hill manager should probably join Crouch at Portsmouth. There's a nice lttle club with shed for a ground that can easily accomodate a few more supporters. Plus they've got a jowelly faced cunt for a manager whose wife tells him where he can work :thup:

agreed, and if thats arrogant, so be it. Believe in your club is what I say.

Guest Chubby Jason

I think he's an excellent player. His goals to minutes he's spent on the pitch ratio must be one of the best around. He seems to score every time he plays, I really cannot understand the reaction from some people to him being linked with us.

Not only that but Owen loves playing alongside him and his record with Crouch for England is very good so signing Crouch could go a long way to convincing Owen to stay.

Signing Crouch after being linked with Gomis would be like having to settle for a night at the pics with Charlotte Church after being told you could spend the night at Angelina Jolie's. After the initial disappointment of being told Jolie's busy you realise a night out with Charlotte Church isn't so bad.

Signing Crouch after being linked with Gomis would be like having to settle for at at the pics with Charlotte Church after being told you could spend the night at Angelina Jolie's. After the initial disappointment of being told Jolie's busy you realise a night out with Charlotte Church isn't so bad.

Rubbish. :lol:

Guest Chubby Jason

Signing Crouch after being linked with Gomis would be like having to settle for at at the pics with Charlotte Church after being told you could spend the night at Angelina Jolie's. After the initial disappointment of being told Jolie's busy you realise a night out with Charlotte Church isn't so bad.

What do we know about Gomis? Nothing apart from he has an OK record in an inferior French league and would cost a lot of money.

Crouch scores hat fulls of goals when he gets a proper run of matches under him, has excellent technique and has shown he can score against the top teams.

Hat trick against Arsenal? Scoring for fun in the Champions League before Benitez switched systems and left him out of the side? Not to mention his excellent attitude and work-rate, I really cannot see us being able to sign a better centre-forward than him at the moment.