Other games today

Yorkie

blueyes.gif

There are 3 better teams than them in the PL never mind the CL.

Unfortunately there were 4 better ones in the PL when the won the CL last.

So you think they're going to win the Champions League this season then? How much have you got on them?

Errrm no, I didnt say that. I was just pointing out a fact.

Opinion really :)

blueyes.gif

There are 3 better teams than them in the PL never mind the CL.

Unfortunately there were 4 better ones in the PL when the won the CL last.

So you think they're going to win the Champions League this season then? How much have you got on them?

Errrm no, I didnt say that. I was just pointing out a fact.

My apologies. Your post implied they could win it again this year despite not being the best team in England. Again. :)

Surely they could win it again this year, though?

Most of the squad have been there and done it, and they're arguably stronger now than they were the first time around/when they got to the final last season.

It's going to be an exciting final 16, though, looking at it. A lot of big names through already and it's good to see Celtic in there again.

I know some don't like the British teams doing well, but it makes it much more enjoyable for me.

Most of the squad have been there and done it, and they're arguably stronger now than they were the first time around/when they got to the final last season.

It's going to be an exciting final 16, though, looking at it. A lot of big names through already and it's good to see Celtic in there again.

I know some don't like the British teams doing well, but it makes it much more enjoyable for me.

They could win it, of course they could. How likely is it though?

Greece came from nowhere and won Euro 2004, Denmark didn't even qualify for Euro 1992 and won it. Upsets happen. But can you see Liverpool winning the Champions League this season? :)

Greece came from nowhere and won Euro 2004, Denmark didn't even qualify for Euro 1992 and won it. Upsets happen. But can you see Liverpool winning the Champions League this season? :)

2 Finals in 3 years isn't luck ;)

Actually it's a competition riddled with luck. :cheesy:

Don't see why not, personally. Are you going to try and make me bet here? :lol:

Do I have to have money on them to back-up this argument?

:lol:

Of course I'm not making a bet! I'm just trying to say that the odd's on Liverpool winning the Champions League are pretty big for a good reason!  :lol:

Just because they won it a few years ago doesn't mean they'll win it again. They'll get knocked out by a better team. Maybe this round, maybe next. They're not good enough to win it this year. They're head and shoulders better than us but they aren't the best in the continent by a million miles. :)

So what makes you so sure they won't win it :)

I don't have to be sure they do.

Of course I'm not making a bet! I'm just trying to say that the odd's on Liverpool winning the Champions League are pretty big for a good reason!  :lol:

Just because they won it a few years ago doesn't mean they'll win it again. They'll get knocked out by a better team. Maybe this round, maybe next. They're not good enough to win it this year. They're head and shoulders better than us but they aren't the best in the continent by a million miles. :)

The best team doesn't necessarily win it though do they, as Liverpool proved.

But what makes you so sure they wont?

Exactly. A one-off I can deal with...

Do you think Liverpool will win it this season, yes or no?

If not, why not?

It's nothing to do with me it's all about them...

It's too late man!! I've just put a fucking grand on Liverpool to do the business. :-[

Never dare a lunatic!

If not, why not?

But if they got to the final twice it wasn't a one off, i believe in getting luck within a match but to get lucky over a group stage and then a series of matches leading up to the final doesn't work out.

It's nothing to do with me it's all about them...

:cheesy:

If not, why not?

But if they got to the final twice it wasn't a one off, i believe in getting luck within a match but to get lucky over a group stage and then a series of matches leading up to the final doesn't work out.

The whole competition is set up for secure passage for the top sides into the last 8.

If not, why not?

If you get the fist 5 numbers on the lottery, do you win the jackpot?

Lightening doesn't strike twice. How many teams in the European Cup Final have been 0-3 down at half time and gone on to win? It was a fluke. A one-off. Never to be repeated again for decades. They got lucky. It won't happen again this season. They'll get knocked out by a better team.

They're good but they won't win it.

If not, why not?

The whole competition is set up for secure passage for the top sides into the last 8.

So whoever gets Liverpool in the next round have got a "secure passage"?

tbf Gerrard may have dived, but if he didnt go down then he would have after it so it still would have been a penalty, the wrong doing for me is that the defender didnt get sent off.

Call me old fashioned, but I don't get all this "there doesn't need to be any contact for it to be a foul" bollocks. Sorry, but if someone slides along on the floor next to me without touching me, I don't feel the need to fling myself onto the floor. That's what used to be called a "dive". The bloke was nowhere near making contact with Gerrard tonight, he didn't impede him whatsoever, in fact it was somewhat Rozenthal-esque except that Jerome wanted to score whereas Gerrard only wanted to do a belly-flop.

Would you be complaining if it was one of our players?  I think not.

No, I wouldn't be complaining, but I'd be honest enough to admit it was a blatant dive and I'd be a bit embarrassed also.

tbf Gerrard may have dived, but if he didnt go down then he would have after it so it still would have been a penalty, the wrong doing for me is that the defender didnt get sent off.

Call me old fashioned, but I don't get all this "there doesn't need to be any contact for it to be a foul" bollocks. Sorry, but if someone slides along on the floor next to me without touching me, I don't feel the need to fling myself onto the floor. That's what used to be called a "dive". The bloke was nowhere near making contact with Gerrard tonight, he didn't impede him whatsoever, in fact it was somewhat Rozenthal-esque except that Jerome wanted to score whereas Gerrard only wanted to do a belly-flop.

Would you be complaining if it was one of our players?  I think not.

No, I wouldn't be complaining, but I'd be honest enough to admit it was a blatant dive and I'd be a bit embarrassed also.

The Rozehnal/Cameron was totally different, Gerrard knocked the ball past player and then left his leg in the way whereas Cameron anticipated Rozehnal's misjudgment.

If not, why not?

So whoever gets Liverpool in the next round have got a "secure passage"?

Well if there is a hiccup ie Liverpool not topping thier group it does fuck up the cushty arrangement rather....You can't really legislate for that not even if you're in G14....Don't be tiresome ricky.

This thread's mental. Are we arguing if Liverpool can win the CL when: 1. They won it just 3 years ago (and have strengthened since then) and 2. have been in another CL final since then.

I'd say they can. Obviously.