Other games today

Yorkie

Seemed to dive before any contact was made. Most unlike Gerrard...

Blatant f****** dive!! Gerrard is such a hypocrite.

I was a neutral at the start, but now it's allez Marseilles all the way.

Its the defenders that piss me off mostly. Surely theyll have learnt by now that Gerrard always plays for the foul, and hence it might actually be better letting him potentially squander the chance rather than giving a stonewall penalty away, giving a far easier chance to score?

Its quite possible that Gerrard is totally uncomfortable in that type of 1v1 situation against a keeper where hes running at pace with someone closing him down, and he has to slot it past the keeper. Hes a midfielder after all, not a striker, so maybe that kind of chance isnt natural for him to finish off, as opposed to shooting from 15-20 yards.

So I cant understand what defenders think they have to gain by giving a penalty away, as well as a red card too. Just senseless defending.

To be fair to him there was ZERO contact whatsoever, still should know not to dive in with cheating fuckers like Gerrard about.

The refereeing is suspect in a CL game yet again.  :rolleyes:

tbf Gerrard may have dived, but if he didnt go down then he would have after it so it still would have been a penalty, the wrong doing for me is that the defender didnt get sent off.

Call me old fashioned, but I don't get all this "there doesn't need to be any contact for it to be a foul" bollocks. Sorry, but if someone slides along on the floor next to me without touching me, I don't feel the need to fling myself onto the floor. That's what used to be called a "dive". The bloke was nowhere near making contact with Gerrard tonight, he didn't impede him whatsoever, in fact it was somewhat Rozenthal-esque except that Jerome wanted to score whereas Gerrard only wanted to do a belly-flop.

tbf Gerrard may have dived, but if he didnt go down then he would have after it so it still would have been a penalty, the wrong doing for me is that the defender didnt get sent off.

Call me old fashioned, but I don't get all this "there doesn't need to be any contact for it to be a foul" bollocks. Sorry, but if someone slides along on the floor next to me without touching me, I don't feel the need to fling myself onto the floor. That's what used to be called a "dive". The bloke was nowhere near making contact with Gerrard tonight, he didn't impede him whatsoever, in fact it was somewhat Rozenthal-esque except that Jerome wanted to score whereas Gerrard only wanted to do a belly-flop.

Would you be complaining if it was one of our players?  I think not.

Would you be complaining if it was one of our players?  I think not.

Well, Emre fucks me off when he goes down with a double fracture to his leg and rolls around every match, before getting up and running off 15 seconds later.

You could just feel what was going to happen in this group.

Marseille completely outclassed Liverpool at Anfield, getting beat off Besiktas was the killer.

No doubt Liverpool will win it this year. Grand.

Not too pleased that Porto will be going through, Ferreira is one of the most arrogant twats going, they just seemed to slip quietly in.

You could just feel what was going to happen in this group.

Marseille completely outclassed Liverpool at Anfield, getting beat off Besiktas was the killer.

No doubt Liverpool will win it this year. Grand.

Not too pleased that Porto will be going through, Ferreira is one of the most arrogant twats going, they just seemed to slip quietly in.

Liverpool won't win it.