Other games today

Yorkie

They could win it, I agree. I just think the chances are pretty fucking slim and people are seeing things that aren't there.

They aren't good enough. A good team will tear them apart.

They haven't got a good enough def to hold out againt the cream of Europe.  :lol:

Seeing that penalty decicion again.  Fucking hell, how can anyone say that was not a stone wall peno..

Also regarding their chances of winning it, course they can.  They've just won their last 3 matches 8-0, 4-1 and 4-0.  They've got to the final twice in the last 3 years, knocking out teams like Barcelona (:() along the way, when everyone wrote them off then.  They also only lost their first Premiership match 3 days ago. 

Some people need to take off their tinted specs when assessing Liverpool.  ???

Seeing that penalty decicion again.  Fucking hell, how can anyone say that was not a stone wall peno..

Also regarding their chances of winning it, course they can.  They've just won their last 3 matches 8-0, 4-1 and 4-0.  They've got to the final twice in the last 3 years, knocking out teams like Barcelona (:() along the way, when everyone wrote them off then.  They also only lost their first Premiership match 3 days ago. 

They will not win a single thing this year and Rafa will be on his way in the summer. Is that clear?

So you'll be putting everything you can afford to lose on them to win it tomorrow morning then?

Or do you think they'll get beaten by a better side after Xmas?

Guest Benito7

Of course they can win it as they have done it before with a vastly inferior squad.  Does that mean I think they will?  No but they have a decent chance as they have shown in the last few years they are very good in this compettion.

Gerrard's suddenly found his shooting boots again. Torres is only going to get better, considering it's only his first time in the Champions League (?). Anyway, they're much better than they were when they won it, much better than they were last season when they reached the finals as well. Torres is the one player they needed but didn't have last season, so they've got a pretty good chance to win it imo. I'd actually say that at this point of time, they're one of the favourites (along with Manure and Real).

Guest Scouseman

Just out of interest Parky, what do you put Wenger and Fergusons lack of sucess in the champions league down to?  One final a piece, one won one lost, in god knows how many attempts.

Plus, both clubs are  part of the G14.

Just out of interest Parky, what do you put Wenger and Fergusons lack of sucess in the champions league down to?  One final a piece, one won one lost, in god knows how many attempts.

Plus, both clubs are  part of the G14.

Gerrard. Also both have lacked the fighting spirit that Liverpool have in crucial games.

Man U have a very good chance this year and a nice balance.

Guest Scouseman

So in all of those years of dismal failure for the two clubs mentioned you're answer is that Stevie G was the reason?

How come with Stevie we didn't win it (or come near) under Houllier then?

Your obsession and lack of respect for Rafa is becoming comical now if you don't mind me saying.  Ferguson (in particular) and Wenger would give their eye teeth to emulate what Rafas done in the Champions League (two finals in three years) and I disagree, United only have as much chance now as they've had many times before.

So in all of those years of dismal failure for the two clubs mentioned you're answer is that Stevie G was the reason?

How come with Stevie we didn't win it (or come near) under Houllier then?

Your obsession and lack of respect for Rafa is becoming comical now if you don't mind me saying.  Ferguson (in particular) and Wenger would give their eye teeth to emulate what Rafas done in the Champions League (two finals in three years) and I disagree, United only have as much chance now as they've had many times before.

Houllier wasn't as good as Rafa?

When Rafa wins the PL come back to me. That is a much bigger test than the CL imo.

But we had Stevie who in your opinion was the difference between Liverpool, United and Arsenal.

What are you babbling about? You asked me a question and I am honest enough to give you straight answer without boring you about midfield cohesion etc.. bluerazz.gif

Guest Scouseman

Just out of interest Parky, what do you put Wenger and Fergusons lack of sucess in the champions league down to?

That was my question.   Your answer was

Gerrard. Also both have lacked the fighting spirit that Liverpool have in crucial games.

You're the one babbling or should that be waffling? 

Your edit about the PL is ridiculous, it took Ferguson nearly a decade to win it.

Just out of interest Parky, what do you put Wenger and Fergusons lack of sucess in the champions league down to?

Your edit about the PL is ridiculous, it took Ferguson nearly a decade to win it.

:sleepy2:

So you'll be putting everything you can afford to lose on them to win it tomorrow morning then?

Is that a joke? Or to say you think a team could win the CL you have to stake everything you can afford to lose on it?

So when did you last win the PL?  Quite. bluerazz.gif

Is it a trait in your part of the world to not accept answers if they don't fit the particular delusion abound at the time in scallyland?

Is that a joke? Or to say you think a team could win the CL you have to stake everything you can afford to lose on it?

Sort of.  :lol:

Just wondering how confident you were in their chances tbh.

Guest nufc_geordie

A few points:

1. Never a penalty last night, the player slid infront of Gerrard and he went down before he even got to the tackle.

2. Torres was a class act.

3. Hyypia and Carragher are past their sell-by date at the heart of the defence. Two or three times Liverpool were extremely lucky with balls over the top and an offside flag was shown when it clearly shouldn't have been.

My argumnet is not that Liverpool shouldn't have won, they were the better team and a few class moments from Torres tore Marseille apart. Against better opposition though, Liverpools defence will not stand up as it has before. Those 1-0 wins etc. and 0-0 draws to get through the knockout stages this year will turn to 2-1, 3-2 etc. and away goals will punish them.