Blackburn Rovers 3 - 1 Newcastle - 01/12/07 - Post match reaction from page 21

James

Guest Harry-Norway

Better today,more passion,better attitude from the players,dont create to much dough and a cleen sheet so far.

Maybe-maybe we can get a good result,i am very excited for the 2 half

:-)

Guest optimistic nit

Only 3 goals scored so far today?

aye, motd will be brilliant to watch tonight. only 1 game with first half goals ffs

This is one of the better halves, if not the best half, I've seen from Alan Smith.  He's not been spectacular, but he's put himself about, gotten some touches, won a few headers, and fashioned a few scoring chances.  Looks better than Viduka in that dynamic 4-5-1 target man role.  Zoggy unfortunatley anonymus, but Martins is doing well IMO.  And where is Barton?

Pretty happy with that tbh. Not perfect by any means, and still dodgy defensively (the Rozehnal turn just now was astonishingly poor communication, unbelievable really), but we've played about a million billion times better than in the last few weeks.

Considering what we've gone through in the last week this has been a great start.

Very promising for the manager and his players. Well done to the fans who've gone down there and stuck by the team too.

Love it.

Guest prestonj1989

Promising end to the half for us. Blackburn where better team in first 10/15 mins but we have been the better since then. I think we will need Emre on for either Geremi or Butt around the 60th min

its a good performance from the players.  I get the feeling that if they were in a more familiar system, or one more condusive to their strengths, we'd be ahead by now.