Mike Ashley Backed The Lads Again...

Kev

saw him in the upper tier at blackburn and saw him singing oba, oba fem, obafemi martins  :cheesy:

got to be the best owner just for what he does with the toon fans...

i wonder if he will continue his support down fulham?...

does no one else see this as a possibly very shallow PR move?

No, I see it as somebody who has bought the club and wants to be a fan, that's probably why he also isn't chairman and leaves the running to somebody else.

Guest Biggav316

not at all

I had a half hour drink with him and chris mort after the game on saturday. he sounded a total wide boy geezer but his banter was good and he seemed genuine.

Guest sittingontheball

For a shallow PR exercise, he's doing a great job of keeping it up. Showing his mug in Shearer's once or twice I could understand, but he's gone above and beyond that. Good on him. Now all he has to do is flash the cash and buy some classy mids.

A shallow PR move which most fans didnt know about until now...

Well said.

I agree there Dave. The advantage we have with him looking like he wants to be a genuine fan is that he'll want to watch good football and good players, so will be more likely to want to spend.

Aye, his viewpoint from the stands plus the fact he'll hear directly what people are disliking about our situation can only help him see what needs doing. I think January could be very interesting...

pics?

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2413/bigmikeaq2.th.jpg

Theres one I got of him when I was having a pint at half time.

Look at that smug cunt, "I've got billions but I'm down here in the trenches with you lot.  Joe Football, I am." :lol:

He and Mort have been amazing and I think (like Dave) that we'll see him open up his wallet.  Success will come.