Kev

team score and predictions?

i think we will win 2-1

martins (2) and adebayor

given

beye roz taylor enrique

milner emre barton n'zogbia

smith martins

I don't know what's more wildly optimistic, that we'll beat Arsenal, or that Allardyce would play that lineup.  Its much more likley he'll play something like this:

Given

Beye - Taylor - Rozehnal - Enrique

Geremi - Butt - Barton - Emre - Milner

Martins

Resulting in the inevitable large loss..

Guest toonlass

1-3. lots of booing by the boo-boys, 30,000 to walk out on 65 minutes and Barton sent off for breaking Theo Walcott's leg.

Tbh, i'm just looking forward to it for the atmosphere if nothing else now. I've a sneaky feeling it'll be good.

Still having problems with the tickets though. Gonna have to get them re-printed i would have thought. Fucking unreliable post; ordered the tickets 15 days ago, still ain't come.

Guest Mcdonald36

Sam has got to get them pumped up for this. Stop all the self pity and trying to please the crowd, just get out there and get stuck into them. The only way we'll beat these is we kick them off the park and put them under pressure from wide areas.

After watching motd and arses passing game they will play us off the park as i see most of there stuff is off the cuff with a high level of skill and our defence will get ripped to shreds .

2 - 0 to them or we might catch them on an off day

After watching motd and arses passing game they will play us off the park as i see most of there stuff is off the cuff with a high level of skill and our defence will get ripped to shreds .

2 - 0 to them or we might catch them on an off day

thats the key. most of the time when chelsea, pool, united and arsenal lose its because of that. not purely because of that, you need that, a bit of luck and you have got to have a bit of class in the team. hopefully we will play like we want to win on wednesday

I cant see any other result than a defeat purely because of how class Arsenal are as much as how poor we are.

Based on that I can only hope it can be an honourable defeat - similar to a few seasons ago when they beat us 0-1 through a deflected Viera goal and the ref missing a blant handball by Cole at the Gallowgate. Despite that we really performed well and the fans appreciated the effort. If the same happens again tomorrow then we can take that into the Birmingham game.

Really, am praying that they have their first off day of the season and we sneak a draw or even a sly win

Given

Beye

Taylor

Roz

Enrique

Milner

Geremi

Barton

Zog,

Smith

Martins

Subs;Harper,Capaca,Butt,Emre,Viduka

If Fabregas doesn start I fancy us to get a draw or even if a win!If we close them down quickly and get amongst them we will have a great chance!They have to lose eventually and we have to win eventually so why not?2-1 to us COME ON!!!Oba to score twice!

Van Persie, Hleb and Cesc are out for this match?

RVP is out for a few weeks, Fabregas may be back, and Big John Carew put a firm end to Hleb running things on Saturday, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if he missed the match too.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

I can't wait.  My first match in over a month.  Hope the crowd don't expect us to win though, Arsenal are one of the best teams in the world atm.

the main thing to remember when playing teams like Arsenal is to defend and to defend well. If the team defends well, Arsenal won't find it as easy to score, infact, they may not score at all. For that to happen though the team would have to defend very well. :sith:

Given

Beye

Taylor

Roz

Enrique

Milner

Geremi

Barton

Zog,

Smith

Martins

Subs;Harper,Capaca,Butt,Emre,Viduka

If Fabregas doesn start I fancy us to get a draw or even if a win!If we close them down quickly and get amongst them we will have a great chance!They have to lose eventually and we have to win eventually so why not?2-1 to us COME ON!!!Oba to score twice!

Arsenal are far from a one-man team.

Given

Beye   Faye   Caçapa   N'Zogbia

Geremi   Butt   Barton

Martins              Smith                Milner

I think it's essential that we keep the same gist as what it was against Blackburn. 'Defensive' line-up, but we attacked and attacked very well at times. With a bit more fortune we could have grabbed another goal or two and i think there's every chance that we can catch Arsenal out if certain players play well.

Infact - Martins, Barton and Butt will have to have the game of their lives if we're going to get anything out of this. I expect Geremi do play his usual role - keep it steady and keep possession (absolutely crucial, i don't care how much people want to slag him off, Geremi's game is vital in one like this), and Milner will be typically innovative. Faye and Beye are solid too.

So yeah - the key players for me are those three. Barton has to be what he was against Blackburn, just that tiny bit less wasteful. He was tenacious and had a touch of class at times - that through ball to Martins standing out. There was evidence there of what a quality midfielder he actually is - and if he is creative, with Martins kicking off from last week, we could cause a surprise.

Butt has to keep it tight and HAS to cut out being caught in possession.

And with Viduka and Emre on the bench, we've got danger in depth and that will help us. Honestly, if we play well this could be absolutely mint.

FUCKING HOWAY.

Guest michaelfoster

Im going to this on wednesday night & im not looking forward to it, were going to get raped of Arsenal.

Faye & Carr went off injured against Blackburn so they could be out, add that to Owen, Cacapa, Ramage & Babayaro

Id like to see

Given

Geremi Rozehnal Taylor Enrique

Milner Butt Emre N'Zogbia

Viduka Martins

but knowing SA we will end up with

Given

Taylor Beye Rozehnal N'Zogbia

Smith Butt Emre/Barton Milner

Martins Viduka

Im going to go 1-4. I dont think sam will get sacked but if we dont win against Birmingham on Saturday i think he will be gone, ofc the papers today reckon he will be gone if we get beat which is stupid imo.

Btw isnt Cacapa injured?