Matt Taylor In January Anyone?

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest nufc_geordie

It appears (if you were to believe the tabloids-which I don't) that Portsmouth are prepared to listen to offers for Matt Taylor in January. I would certainly be interested. As much as I think Enrique will come good I think he needs this season to settle. Look at Evra at Man Utd! First season poor and adapting, second season has been outstanding so far. I would be extremely happy with a left hand side of Enrique, Taylor, Zog and Duff. Four very good interchangeable players.

A complete back 4 - again.

I dont think our defence would look half as bad if SA stuck with a balanced back 4 with Beye and Enrique playing RB & LB, thus releasing N'Zogbia to play LM/LW.  That in turn allowing Milner to play RM/RW.

And SA didn't give the players instructions to try and contain the opposition, which invites teams on us.

We simply dont have the personel to play a containing game, its putting massive pressure on the defenders, some of  them are new to the prem.  Making the defence look worse than it actually is.

He isn't actually that good, is he? I don't really know tbh - but am i right in thinking Pompey fans aren't that keen?

We could do with another left-sided player on the cheap, but he's more of a winger which we won't really need come February.

Guest johnson293

I'm also unsure whether Matt Taylor is that good at Left back - hence the reason why he hasn't started much for Portsmouth this season.

As a player, he's only really came to prominence and hit the headlines for the 30-40 yard wonder strikes he seems to pull out, 2 or 3 times a season.

I admit we probably need another 'proper' left back, as it looks like Babayaro (who?) might not ever be fit for us again, and N'Zogbia is better employed in a more advanced role.

But, if we could get him cheap enough (£2-3m) as a back-up/rotation player with enrique, then he may be worth a punt!

Was a damn site better than any of our midfield when we played them.

Classic case of people thinking we are better than we actually are - get him in, good player, proven with premiership experience - better than Geremi for example.

It appears (if you were to believe the tabloids-which I don't) that Portsmouth are prepared to listen to offers for Matt Taylor in January. I would certainly be interested. As much as I think Enrique will come good I think he needs this season to settle. Look at Evra at Man Utd! First season poor and adapting, second season has been outstanding so far. I would be extremely happy with a left hand side of Enrique, Taylor, Zog and Duff. Four very good interchangeable players.

Enrique isn't going to settle if he can't get a game, Evra got better by playing, not by sitting on the bench.

Taylor is a far stronger left midfielder anyway.

Guest Stephen927

Never been too convinced by him, better than Babayaro but would he really come up to the North East to be back-up?

Pass.

Guest sittingontheball

If he could score against the Mackems from 40 yards again he'd be worth it for comic value alone.

I think Big Mike can afford better than Pompey rejects though.

If he could score against the Mackems from 40 yards again he'd be worth it for comic value alone.

I think Big Mike can afford better than Pompey rejects though.

It's not a matter of who we can afford though, it's a matter of who would come here.

Purely money-wise, we could probably afford Ronaldinho if he was for sale. But he would never come here.

Matt Taylor seems like about the level of player we could realistically attract