Newcastle United 1 - 1 Arsenal - 05/12/07 - Post match reaction from page 19

Dave

Aye think Barton has done fairly well. Milner has been his usual industrious self with the odd decent bit of attacking play (but not much) and Smith has impressed apart from one moment when Geremi played a ball and it looked like he was more interested in wrestling the defender than watching where the ball actually went. Bit harsh that though as Smith has had a good game :D

Hopefully this will be the end of N'Zogbia at left back - even though the goal shouldn't have counted.

We are playing well though, especially Smith.

The game plan today is very good. Very positive.

We could yet nick something if we come out the same way in the second half.

we've got no creativity in the side, despite having a lot of the ball, most our chances like at blackburn were created by pressing the opposition high up the field, forcing them into mistakes and winning it off them. also with martins and smith, neither really get into natural poaching positions as they're better doing work outside the box, check n'zogbia's fk or smith's flick across the face of the goal. we need a door opener to pick a pass which means emre but with him in the side we won't be as solid in the middle which has been our main strength so far. got to be worth bringing enrique on and pushing n'zogbia upfield, not sure who for as everyone has played well.

Think Newcastle have been a bit unlucky tonight, think Fat Shams tactics are bizarre.

How's that? We've been on top of an extremely in-form Arsenal. One individual error and lack of luck is why we're 0-1 down at HT, not because of Sams tactics.

Guest optimistic nit

when ada got free from that corner and had a free shot that he scuffed barton was marking him and another player. piss poor orginisation, although barton really should have followed ada.

Guest LucasUnger

Not sure about Barton, like.

I think he's looked very busy, played some good passes and worked hard. Looks like he's got pretty decent vision in his passing.

i'm not sure if we are watchin the same game???

good passes?

15 passes= 8 to a arsenal player 7 to us`????

I think he's looked very busy, played some good passes and worked hard. Looks like he's got pretty decent vision in his passing.

good passes?

I agree with this, his passing has been abysmal.

Picks the wrong option too much.

Aside though, not bad in team performance terms, just need Oba to gamble on one of Smith's flicks. He's forever playing catch up and the runs he does make are after thoughts where the defender has already gobbled up the danger. The one time he was where he should be he so nearly caught their defence out. Just needs to do it more often

Guest optimistic nit

Think Newcastle have been a bit unlucky tonight, think Fat Shams tactics are bizarre.

How's that? We've been on top of an extremely in-form Arsenal. One individual error and lack of luck is why we're 0-1 down at HT, not because of Sams tactics.

not really 1 individual error, see my post on page 9, all 4 defenders were at fault, it was the 4 together that didfor us.

good passes?

I agree with this, his passing has been abysmal.

That's it. I've got a decent eye for a pass, but I can't execute them for shit.