Our Best Central Partnership In Defence or Any Other Comments about The Defence

Jamie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anything to do with our defenders goes in here, instead of having things all over.

I'd personally go with Taylor and Faye...simply because of their strength

there are quite a few points for and against many partnerships in defence so just stick what you want in here  O0

Taylor and Faye for me.

Not saying that on the back just of today's game, I've fought Taylor's corner all season. There's an excellent defender in Cacapa but I suspect his injuries were the reason we got him for nothing and an injury-prone defender isn't helpful when you're trying to build a solid back four. There's also the language barrier and the lack of Premier League experience, neither of which are a problem for Taylor and Faye.

I've made my views on Rozehnal known so I won't go over it again, but I don't think he should be in the back four when everyone's fit by any means. A squad player in my eyes.

Taylor and Faye for me.

Not saying that on the back just of today's game, I've fought Taylor's corner all season. There's an excellent defender in Cacapa but I suspect his injuries were the reason we got him for nothing and an injury-prone defender isn't helpful when you're trying to build a solid back four. There's also the language barrier and the lack of Premier League experience, neither of which are a problem for Taylor and Faye.

I've made my views on Rozehnal known so I won't go over it again, but I don't think he should be in the back four when everyone's fit by any means. A squad player in my eyes.

I would go with Faye and Taylor as well I hope Sam will givbe this pair extended run of games so that they can gel.

There's an excellent defender in Cacapa but I suspect his injuries were the reason we got him for nothing and an injury-prone defender isn't helpful when you're trying to build a solid back four.

I was reading up on Cacapa, and his injury record must be terrible - he's played fewer games in his career than James Milner, depsite being 10 years older.

There's an excellent defender in Cacapa but I suspect his injuries were the reason we got him for nothing and an injury-prone defender isn't helpful when you're trying to build a solid back four.

I was reading up on Cacapa, and his injury record must be terrible - he's played fewer games in his career than James Milner, depsite being 10 years older.

Surely that cant be right?

Just had a look at a few places and it looks to be correct. Milner has played a hell of a lot of football for someone his age.

Guest nufc_geordie

I would go with Taylor and Roz. They complement each other well and need games to develop an understanging. I could potentially see Faye as a holding player in midfield alongside Barton and that would give us a stronger core to the team.

I would go with Taylor and Roz. They complement each other well and need games to develop an understanging. I could potentially see Faye as a holding player in midfield alongside Barton and that would give us a stronger core to the team.

Faye's been noticably our best defender this season, I'd keep him there. Much improved from Taylor last night though, he's been shit most of this season but I thought he put in a decent shift.

At this moment in time Faye and Taylor are the best and the future for me. Roze seems quick, good on the floor, good passer of the ball, calm, intelegent player. In the air though he is weak and fails to pick up his man when defending crosses. Cacapa is a veteran he has vast experience, most the plus points Roze has minus the speed, he may come back from his Pompey mare stronger hopefully, he is also injury prone as pointed out.

We need to form a consistant defence so it's Beye Taylor  Faye  Enrique imo

Just had a look at a few places and it looks to be correct. Milner has played a hell of a lot of football for someone his age.

It's up there with the "Scholes has scored more at SJP than Dyer" fact :lol:

beye - TAYLOR - CACAPA - enrique

i think the power of taylor and the calmness (spelling....) of cacapa is our best option. with faye filling in whenever needed.