James Milner

Alberto2005

Duff getting back into the side will do a world of good for Milner

Do you really think Sammy is going to go back 442 or that is going to play 433 with only one of the front 3 a forward/striker.

either way, Duff's in the team

if we play 4-3-3 he's certainly going to be there, was class there for Chelsea and with Allardyce's preference for N'zogbia as LB he's also gonna start when we play 4-4-2

I wouldn't mind seeing Duff on the right and Zog on the left.

The only reason FS is using Zog at LB is because Enrique has so far shown to be struggling in this league. Zog is pretty much wasted there, his attacking threat is obvious. It's early days for Enrique, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us in for another LB who is able to go straight into the team.

In that case, I really disagree with FS. Zoggy has not shown that he's a better defender than Enrique. That's a laughable agreement (if it's the one Sam's making). Enrique looks more accomplished playing there than Zoggy does atm. We're also wasting Zog's attacking abilities and putting ourselves at risk because he's liable to giving the ball away carelessly. When he's further up the midfield it's alright to take those kind of risks but it's unacceptable for our LB to try to take on 3 players every time he receives the ball. Enrique has to play just because we end up having more attacking options and actually, in my opinion, become better defensively.

Do you really think Sammy is going to go back 442 or that is going to play 433 with only one of the front 3 a forward/striker.

if we play 4-3-3 he's certainly going to be there, was class there for Chelsea and with Allardyce's preference for N'zogbia as LB he's also gonna start when we play 4-4-2

The only reason FS is using Zog at LB is because Enrique has so far shown to be struggling in this league. Zog is pretty much wasted there, his attacking threat is obvious. It's early days for Enrique, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us in for another LB who is able to go straight into the team.

In that case, I really disagree with FS. Zoggy has not shown that he's a better defender than Enrique. That's a laughable agreement (if it's the one Sam's making). Enrique looks more accomplished playing there than Zoggy does atm. We're also wasting Zog's attacking abilities and putting ourselves at risk because he's liable to giving the ball away carelessly. When he's further up the midfield it's alright to take those kind of risks but it's unacceptable for our LB to try to take on 3 players every time he receives the ball. Enrique has to play just because we end up having more attacking options and actually, in my opinion, become better defensively.

Agree with this - don't understand all the Enrique knocking, but understand even less why Allardyce spent 6m on him and then plays Zog at LB ; Enrique CAN make it, in my view but he won't unless he is allowed to play - he hasn't made THAT many bad mistakes, can pass the ball properly , and is one of the few players who kept Arteta quiet; AND he's only 21 and just come into the Prem. Has made a far better start than the likes of Viana and Maric did...

The lad NEEDS to play - we aren't going anywhere this season and he won't cost us any more points than we would lose if he wasn't in the side.

People often slate him when playing on the left for taking too much time trying to get it onto his right foot, he used his left foot and crossed in straight away a couple of times yesterday and no fucker was in the box. People complain that he takes too long then complain when he puts it in straight away only for no one to be there. The lad can't win.

Agree with this - don't understand all the Enrique knocking, but understand even less why Allardyce spent 6m on him and then plays Zog at LB ; Enrique CAN make it, in my view but he won't unless he is allowed to play - he hasn't made THAT many bad mistakes, can pass the ball properly , and is one of the few players who kept Arteta quiet; AND he's only 21 and just come into the Prem. Has made a far better start than the likes of Viana and Maric did...

The lad NEEDS to play - we aren't going anywhere this season and he won't cost us any more points than we would lose if he wasn't in the side.

Where's the "Enrique knocking" you're on about? It's an observation that he's not settled, but that's not knocking him as it's hardly a surprise given his age and the overall state of the team he's come into.  :coolsmiley:

People often slate him when playing on the left for taking too much time trying to get it onto his right foot, he used his left foot and crossed in straight away a couple of times yesterday and no fucker was in the box. People complain that he takes too long then complain when he puts it in straight away only for no one to be there. The lad can't win.

Agree with this.  The whole weekly Milner bashing thing is frankly getting quite boring.  He is without doubt the midfielder most likely to create an opportunity and when he whipped one from the touchline into Barton who was 5 yds out, Barton couldn't put it away.  Unless he sets up 3 goals every game, the Duff fan club will be onto him.

Agree with this.  The whole weekly Milner bashing thing is frankly getting quite boring.  He is without doubt the midfielder most likely to create an opportunity and when he whipped one from the touchline into Barton who was 5 yds out, Barton couldn't put it away.  Unless he sets up 3 goals every game, the Duff fan club will be onto him.

mackems.gif

Milner has done OK over the past 3 games, but I really can't help but think we'll look a much better proposition going forward with Duff and Charlie on the wings. I wouldn't mind having a look at Charlie on the right tbh, he's got a hell of a powerful shot on him if he cuts inside, and the quick feet necessary to do that.

Milner has done OK over the past 3 games, but I really can't help but think we'll look a much better proposition going forward with Duff and Charlie on the wings. I wouldn't mind having a look at Charlie on the right tbh, he's got a hell of a powerful shot on him if he cuts inside, and the quick feet necessary to do that.

Which Damien Duff is this?  The Duff that played for Blackburn and Chelsea, or the Duff that was booed by our fans and apparently not fit to wear the shirt after only a handful of games?  Being injured has done wonders for his reputation around here.

So how many advocating Geremi playing in Milners position because he is a "much" better player and has played for Real and Chelsea still think this?

Geremi is a better crosser of the ball. Also a better player. That is a fact. Milner isnt good enough Jon. He did fuck all again yesterday. Back to normal then.

If anyone is suggesting that his one decent game and one game where he was better than the shit he has kayed this season indicates he doesnt need replacing? Of they are then they are off their rocker.

Which Damien Duff is this?  The Duff that played for Blackburn and Chelsea, or the Duff that was booed by our fans and apparently not fit to wear the shirt after only a handful of games?  Being injured has done wonders for his reputation around here.

What's his reputation got to do with it? I just think the team will look more balanced going forwards, and provide the opposition with more problems to think about with that combination of wingers than any other we can put out at the moment.

What's his reputation got to do with it? I just think the team will look more balanced going forwards, and provide the opposition with more problems to think about with that combination of wingers than any other we can put out at the moment.

I actually agree and I rate Duff myself.  My comment was in reference to the usual crowd that wanted Duff run out of town after just 4 or 5 games because he didn't instantly turn us into a top 4 team.

So how many advocating Geremi playing in Milners position because he is a "much" better player and has played for Real and Chelsea still think this?

Geremi is a better crosser of the ball. Also a better player. That is a fact. Milner isnt good enough Jon. He did f*** all again yesterday. Back to normal then.

If anyone is suggesting that his one decent game and one game where he was better than the s*** he has kayed this season indicates he doesnt need replacing? Of they are then they are off their rocker.

Says you.  Geremi has been the most anonymous player this season barring the first 2 games.  He has created the sum total of nowt.

Geremi is a better crosser of the ball. Also a better player. That is a fact. Milner isnt good enough Jon. He did fuck all again yesterday. Back to normal then.

If anyone is suggesting that his one decent game and one game where he was better than the shit he has kayed this season indicates he doesnt need replacing? Of they are then they are off their rocker.

Absolute bollocks :lol:

Milner put in a good cross for Barton who went close and another decent cross where no-one had bothered to get into the box, although to be fair when Milner is running at full pace not many are going to keep up :lol:

Was also involved in the build up that got N'Zogbia through.

Geremi is a better crosser of the ball. Also a better player. That is a fact. Milner isnt good enough Jon. He did f*** all again yesterday. Back to normal then.

If anyone is suggesting that his one decent game and one game where he was better than the s*** he has kayed this season indicates he doesnt need replacing? Of they are then they are off their rocker.

Milner put in a good cross for Barton who went close and another decent cross where no-one had bothered to get into the box, although to be fair when Milner is running at full pace not many are going to keep up :lol:

Clutching at straws  :lol:

I thought Milner demonstrated some of his best and worst attributes last night. When confronted with a stationary defender he is excellent at using his skill to generate the half-yard necessary to whip a cross in, which he did a few times last night. However, every time we're breaking and Milner gets the ball in our half it's almost move over, he's just too slow to drive at, and break down, a team - which is why I'd like to see Duffer and Zog on the wings, eventually.

Not at all but carry on thinking everyone else is better than Milner even though they are clearly showing they arent time and time again :thup:

This

Not at all but carry on thinking everyone else is better than Milner even though they are clearly showing they arent time and time again :thup:

So you reckon he was up to scratch yesterday? How many other games this season can you say that? Be very interesting to hear the answer.

I thought Milner demonstrated some of his best and worst attributes last night. When confronted with a stationary defender he is excellent at using his skill to generate the half-yard necessary to whip a cross in, which he did a few times last night. However, every time we're breaking and Milner gets the ball in our half it's almost move over, he's just too slow to drive at, and break down, a team - which is why I'd like to see Duffer and Zog on the wings, eventually.

Very much agree with that, you need your wingers to be able to dribble the ball forward quickly when confronted with space and neither Milner nor Martins can do that at all, which is why we often resort to hopeful punts forward.

Duff will improve us a lot in this respect when he gets back, I'd be very interested to see Duff on the right and N'Zogbia on the left either side of Viduka.

Viduka, some say, isn't suited to the lone striker role, but this is only true if we're launching long balls at him. With a couple of players either side who can actually help us get the ball forward on the deck we'll get much more from Viduka as he can link the play fabulously as demonstrated with the move that won the penalty yesterday.

He wasn't our worst player, was Geremi up to scratch? or for that matter better than Milner?

Geremi was woeful yesterday, but then again so was most of our team (when in possession, we were good without the ball) to be fair.

Do you not see how Milner just doesn't do enough though Jon? You want your wide players to be the ones that have that spark and make things happen, even if they have to lose the ball 8 times out of ten to make that something special happen.

Milner just doesn't do it, he generally gets the ball and ends up moving it on to a team mate without really improving anything for the team, or perhaps whipping in the odd decent cross. That well and good if you're a central midfielder and that's your job description, but Milner isn't.