James Milner

Alberto2005

He wasn't our worst player, was Geremi up to scratch? or for that matter better than Milner?

Geremi was woeful yesterday, but then again so was most of our team (when in possession, we were good without the ball) to be fair.

Do you not see how Milner just doesn't do enough though Jon? You want your wide players to be the ones that have that spark and make things happen, even if they have to lose the ball 8 times out of ten to make that something special happen.

Milner just doesn't do it, he generally gets the ball and ends up moving it on to a team mate without really improving anything for the team, or perhaps whipping in the odd decent cross. That well and good if you're a central midfielder and that's your job description, but Milner isn't.

I have said before we need better, we also need better all over the park. My point was Geremi has shown (imo) he won't do any better than Milner does on the wing even though Geremi is apparently a much better player.

He wasn't our worst player, was Geremi up to scratch? or for that matter better than Milner?

Geremi was woeful yesterday, but then again so was most of our team (when in possession, we were good without the ball) to be fair.

Do you not see how Milner just doesn't do enough though Jon? You want your wide players to be the ones that have that spark and make things happen, even if they have to lose the ball 8 times out of ten to make that something special happen.

Milner just doesn't do it, he generally gets the ball and ends up moving it on to a team mate without really improving anything for the team, or perhaps whipping in the odd decent cross. That well and good if you're a central midfielder and that's your job description, but Milner isn't.

I have said before we need better, we also need better all over the park. My point was Geremi has shown (imo) he won't do any better than Milner does on the wing even though Geremi is apparently a much better player.

Agree with that anyway, Geremi on the wing in the system we play would be so absolutely wretched it's unbelievable. :lol:

Is that the benchmark? Really, I can see you like him but to be honest he has been a liability all season. His job is to cross, create and push teams back - not check back and let them regroup irrespective of whether he is left footed right footed or swinging his cock at the ball.

The point is, why single out Milner when he has been one of our better players in the vast majority of matches? Geremi's been rubbish, ditto Butt and Barton. Viduka's done fuck all, Smith has had one or two good matches and has otherwise been terrible. Like it or not, he's actually the best midfielder we have at the minute going off actual performances and not some arbitrary rating in people's heads.

The point is, why single out Milner when he has been one of our better players in the vast majority of matches? Geremi's been rubbish, ditto Butt and Barton. Viduka's done f*** all, Smith has had one or two good matches and has otherwise been terrible. Like it or not, he's actually the best midfielder we have at the minute going off actual performances and not some arbitrary rating in people's heads.

He has been s*** all season man. Wake up. Vast majority of matches? That is the single most stupid thing I have seen since June and remember Kev has joined since then.

Edit: still utterly dumfounded by that. Can't honestly beleive you wrote it. Staggering.

Obviously going to upset a few on here but I think Milner has been arguably our best player so far this season.

He hasn't been world class, but we're not a world class team. And certainly better than most!

The point is, why single out Milner when he has been one of our better players in the vast majority of matches? Geremi's been rubbish, ditto Butt and Barton. Viduka's done f*** all, Smith has had one or two good matches and has otherwise been terrible. Like it or not, he's actually the best midfielder we have at the minute going off actual performances and not some arbitrary rating in people's heads.

He has been s*** all season man. Wake up. Vast majority of matches? That is the single most stupid thing I have seen since June and remember Kev has joined since then.

Edit: still utterly dumfounded by that. Can't honestly beleive you wrote it. Staggering.

You think Barton has been any better, for example? :D

Obviously going to upset a few on here but I think Milner has been arguably our best player so far this season.

He hasn't been world class, but we're not a world class team. And certainly better than most!

Fuck me is there some disease spreading amongst you lot? I'll happily ask what the fuck he did to earn that tag between August and December. Even Gejon has noticed how shit he has been at times.

In the few games he has played? Is that what you mean? He hasnt been any worse thats for certain. Has he ever played worse than Milner did at Man City? Nope.

You think Barton has been any better, for example? :D

f*** me is there some disease spreading amongst you lot? I'll happily ask what the f*** he did to earn that tag between August and December. Even Gejon has noticed how s*** he has been at times.

Pie, the whole team has been shite man... ?

Fuck me is there some disease spreading amongst you lot? I'll happily ask what the fuck he did to earn that tag between August and December. Even Gejon has noticed how shit he has been at times.

We get your point.

f*** me is there some disease spreading amongst you lot? I'll happily ask what the f*** he did to earn that tag between August and December. Even Gejon has noticed how s*** he has been at times.

Pie, the whole team has been s**** man... ?

So isnt someone supposed to create stuff to drag us out of this? Or cross a ball to a fella in our colours? Or go forward rather than back?  :cheesy: It his job man. He doesnt do it.

Pie, the whole team has been s**** man... ?

So isnt someone supposed to create stuff to drag us out of this? Or cross a ball to a fella in our colours? Or go forward rather than back?  :cheesy: It his job man. He doesnt do it.

Isn't someone supposed to get into the box to receive this cross or should Milner chase after it and finish it himself too?

:lol:

Anyone else see Milner's wonderful run down the flank, step over and cut back making space from the covering defender, to cross to the back post, right on to our man's head only for Barton to miss?

If our player's can't score with crosses like that (on a plate) then there isn't much more James can do.

Anyone else see Milner's wonderful run down the flank, step over and cut back making space from the covering defender, to cross to the back post, right on to our man's head only for Barton to miss?

If our player's can't score with crosses like that (on a plate) then there isn't much more James can do.

Deserves the death penalty tbh!

He could do it more than once every 6 or so games

So who have we got who can do it better, and more often, and should be playing instead of him?

So who have we got who can do it better, and more often, and should be playing instead of him?

Geremi and Smith  :laugh:

A new signing.

A new signing.

:D

Let's sign 11 new players then, in fact, can we just swap with Arsenal?

If only it were that easy.

heyy

me joining lit up this forum  :cheesy:

A new signing.

:D

Let's sign 11 new players then, in fact, can we just swap with Arsenal?

If only it were that easy.

He is meant to create. He doesnt. Do we need someone better?

Keefaz wrote it because he is actually right and your wrong! I don't expect that you considered that possibilty but it looks blatantly obvious to me.

Keefaz wrote it because he is actually right and your wrong! I don't expect that you considered that possibilty but it looks blatantly obvious to me.

To be fair its you though, so that doesnt really count.  :laugh2:

Never heard so much shite since you told everyone Huntington should be a regular. Seen where he is playing nowadays? Another benchwarmer.