James Milner

Alberto2005

The few times i have seen bentley play he looks better class than milner, certainly his finishing and pace. Milner might be slightly better at dribbling(on his own chin).   Not sure about bentley as a crosser, but milner is ave crosser, often delivers it to the wrong area......or maybe its our chicken heeded strikers running to the wrong area of the box that makes him look bad!

I'm inclined to believe the latter, really. The sort of crosses you usually get frustrated at are the ones too close to goal, the ones the 'keeper grabs. No numbers to back it up, of course, but I think we've had a fair few at the back post this season - just that noone's ever there to pick them up.

The few times i have seen bentley play he looks better class than milner, certainly his finishing and pace. Milner might be slightly better at dribbling(on his own chin).   Not sure about bentley as a crosser, but milner is ave crosser, often delivers it to the wrong area......or maybe its our chicken heeded strikers running to the wrong area of the box that makes him look bad!

I'm inclined to believe the latter, really. The sort of crosses you usually get frustrated at are the ones too close to goal, the ones the 'keeper grabs. No numbers to back it up, of course, but I think we've had a fair few at the back post this season - just that noone's ever there to pick them up.

They'll be moving the goalposts next....

The few times i have seen bentley play he looks better class than milner, certainly his finishing and pace. Milner might be slightly better at dribbling(on his own chin).  Not sure about bentley as a crosser, but milner is ave crosser, often delivers it to the wrong area......or maybe its our chicken heeded strikers running to the wrong area of the box that makes him look bad!

How about young James looks up when he crosses and attempt to pick someone out.

He'll never be good enough in the long-run imo. And by the "long-run" I mean if we ever want to consistently challenge for Europe he'll have to move down the pecking order.

He'll never be good enough in the long-run imo. And by the "long-run" I mean if we ever want to consistently challenge for Europe he'll have to move down the pecking order.

If that's true, then the majority of our team isn't good enough because very few of them outperform Milner on a regular basis.

Its really suprising how many people knock him when 9 out of 10 games he's our biggest threat. He's intelligent enough to use what he has to accomodate the fact that he isnt lightning quick, although he isnt slow.

First midfielder on the team sheet for me, he's the only player you can be 90% sure of what your going to get.

The few times i have seen bentley play he looks better class than milner, certainly his finishing and pace. Milner might be slightly better at dribbling(on his own chin).  Not sure about bentley as a crosser, but milner is ave crosser, often delivers it to the wrong area......or maybe its our chicken heeded strikers running to the wrong area of the box that makes him look bad!

If that's true, then the majority of our team isn't good enough because very few of them outperform Milner on a regular basis.

Yeah, the rest are even worse.... but we all know that.

I'm not saying James is the weakest link.. he's one of our better players which is a sad fact.

Hopefully he will go back to RW when Duff is fully fit. We seem lopsided today, Huge gaps on the right and very congested on the left.

When we play 433 I would imagine Sam will always have at least 2 strikers/forward in the front 3.

I cant see Owen being played in a 4-3-3 system. I think SA will go 4-4-2 and have 2 wide players.

Milner has been one of our best players all season, even though he's often being played out of his natural position. I think he has a tremendous up side. He has done nothing to warrant losing his place in the starting 11. I really don't get why so many people on these boards thing he isn't good enough.

Hopefully he will go back to RW when Duff is fully fit. We seem lopsided today, Huge gaps on the right and very congested on the left.

When we play 433 I would imagine Sam will always have at least 2 strikers/forward in the front 3.

I cant see Owen being played in a 4-3-3 system. I think SA will go 4-4-2 and have 2 wide players.

I am sure we will accommodate Owen for the 6 to 10 games a season he will take part in.

Yet again our best attacking player today.

The competition for that title:

Smith - average squad forward who's bark is worse than his bite, played as the lone forward.

Martins - clueless "speedster" who looks like a lost 4 year old who's been left behind in the supermarket by their parents when put on the right wing.

Barton - midfielder who is very slowly building up his form, and even then he was hardly a top class attacking player.

The truth is, Milner only has to put a few aimless crosses into the box to get called attacking MOTM, because everyone else is either s*** or playing s*** (or injured), and thats pretty much the case at the moment.

Yet again our best attacking player today.

The competition for that title:

Smith - average squad forward who's bark is worse than his bite, played as the lone forward.

Martins - clueless "speedster" who looks like a lost 4 year old who's been left behind in the supermarket by their parents when put on the right wing.

Barton - midfielder who is very slowly building up his form, and even then he was hardly a top class attacking player.

The truth is, Milner only has to put a few aimless crosses into the box to get called attacking MOTM, because everyone else is either s*** or playing s*** (or injured), and thats pretty much the case at the moment.

Agreed.

Has anyone read SA article in Zoo magazine?? He says something about not actually playing a 433 and so cant understnad the criticism of the system wen its not always being played. Also says that he's aware that the squad at full strength is best suited to 442.

Duff getting back into the side will do a world of good for Milner

Do you really think Sammy is going to go back 442 or that is going to play 433 with only one of the front 3 a forward/striker.

either way, Duff's in the team

if we play 4-3-3 he's certainly going to be there, was class there for Chelsea and with Allardyce's preference for N'zogbia as LB he's also gonna start when we play 4-4-2

Has anyone read SA article in Zoo magazine?? He says something about not actually playing a 433 and so cant understnad the criticism of the system wen its not always being played. Also says that he's aware that the squad at full strength is best suited to 442.

Well that's a revelation, like.

Duff getting back into the side will do a world of good for Milner

Do you really think Sammy is going to go back 442 or that is going to play 433 with only one of the front 3 a forward/striker.

either way, Duff's in the team

if we play 4-3-3 he's certainly going to be there, was class there for Chelsea and with Allardyce's preference for N'zogbia as LB he's also gonna start when we play 4-4-2

I wouldn't mind seeing Duff on the right and Zog on the left.

The only reason FS is using Zog at LB is because Enrique has so far shown to be struggling in this league. Zog is pretty much wasted there, his attacking threat is obvious. It's early days for Enrique, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us in for another LB who is able to go straight into the team.