James Milner

Alberto2005

Anyone else see Milner's wonderful run down the flank, step over and cut back making space from the covering defender, to cross to the back post, right on to our man's head only for Barton to miss?

If our player's can't score with crosses like that (on a plate) then there isn't much more James can do.

He could do it more than once every 6 or so games

So who have we got who can do it better, and more often, and should be playing instead of him?

A new signing.

:D

Let's sign 11 new players then, in fact, can we just swap with Arsenal?

If only it were that easy.

He is meant to create. He doesnt. Do we need someone better?

Forget Newcastle. Forget Milner. Whoever you look at there is always someone out there who can do it better ! Fact is, and I think a lot of people agree with me, Milner is NOT our worst player at NUFC and we do believe he has been one of the better players this season, certainly not the worst.

The point is, why single out Milner when he has been one of our better players in the vast majority of matches? Geremi's been rubbish, ditto Butt and Barton. Viduka's done f*** all, Smith has had one or two good matches and has otherwise been terrible. Like it or not, he's actually the best midfielder we have at the minute going off actual performances and not some arbitrary rating in people's heads.

He has been s*** all season man. Wake up. Vast majority of matches? That is the single most stupid thing I have seen since June and remember Kev has joined since then.

Edit: still utterly dumfounded by that. Can't honestly beleive you wrote it. Staggering.

Keefaz wrote it because he is actually right and your wrong! I don't expect that you considered that possibilty but it looks blatantly obvious to me.

This is going nowhere and is wasted on pie.  The point being made is that there is no thread dedicated to Geremi, Barton, N'Zogbia and Butt being rubbish all season.  There may be better players out there than Milner, but we are a mediocre team and unless we through daft money about, we aren't exactly going to attract world clas wingers.

The point is, why single out Milner when he has been one of our better players in the vast majority of matches? Geremi's been rubbish, ditto Butt and Barton. Viduka's done f*** all, Smith has had one or two good matches and has otherwise been terrible. Like it or not, he's actually the best midfielder we have at the minute going off actual performances and not some arbitrary rating in people's heads.

He has been s*** all season man. Wake up. Vast majority of matches? That is the single most stupid thing I have seen since June and remember Kev has joined since then.

Edit: still utterly dumfounded by that. Can't honestly beleive you wrote it. Staggering.

Keefaz wrote it because he is actually right and your wrong! I don't expect that you considered that possibilty but it looks blatantly obvious to me.

This is going nowhere and is wasted on pie.  The point being made is that there is no thread dedicated to Geremi, Barton, N'Zogbia and Butt being rubbish all season.  There may be better players out there than Milner, but we are a mediocre team and unless we through daft money about, we aren't exactly going to attract world clas wingers.

World class? Decent with the ability to cross a ball and run faster than Kev dribbles would be acceptable. As for threads? I assume you missed the threads entitle N'Zogbia, Smith, Geremi et al?

In short, the the kid is decent as a squad player but some of the shite about him having a decent season is just myopic at best. At worst it is just lies.

Can we not attach a vote to see if we think Milner is having a decent season? Most real people I speak to seem to be of similar thought, and Pie's angry outbursts are making me question the general consensus!

Can we not attach a vote to see if we think Milner is having a decent season? Most real people I speak to seem to be of similar thought, and Pie's angry outbursts are making me question the general consensus!

A genuinely decent season or decent in comparison to the rest of our players?

Milner's been alright imo.  Some people are setting there standards too high imo.

True, expecting a winger to cross a ball accurately is clearly being too picky.  :rolleyes:

I can't believe how blind some can be. Why do some people have their favourites and then can't get the head out of their arse? I have no favourites, just the TEAM.

This is a repeat of the Parker and Jenas thing all over again. Both fantastic individual players according to some, because they "liked them."

Parker and Emre, a great combination according to some, because they "liked them" for some odd reason.

Even Ameobi, reckoned by people on here to be international class 'cos when he scored a couple of goals in Europe and they "liked him."

The overall game of James Milner is average. Very average. When Duff is fit the two wide players should be Zog and Duff with Milner as backup, we will have a better first XI in that situation than we do right now.

I can't believe how blind some can be. Why do some people have their favourites and then can't get the head out of their arse? I have no favourites, just the TEAM.

This is a repeat of the Parker and Jenas thing all over again. Both fantastic individual players according to some, because they "liked them."

Parker and Emre, a great combination according to some, because they "liked them" for some odd reason.

Even Ameobi, reckoned by people on here to be international class 'cos when he scored a couple of goals in Europe and they "liked him."

The overall game of James Milner is average. Very average. When Duff is fit the two wide players should be Zog and Duff with Milner as backup, we will have a better first XI in that situation than we do right now.

i've seen little to suggest that n'zogbia will be much of an improvement on milner. we'd be going back to 2005/6 to see any form in that position. compare that with what brummie would say about milner's time at villa ?

i've seen little to suggest that n'zogbia will be much of an improvement on milner. we'd be going back to 2005/6 to see any form in that position. compare that with what brummie would say about milner's time at villa ?

Duff's hasn't done anything to warrant a place over Milner or Zog yet either.

he'll get his chance though and rightfully so. As much as I love Milner, Duff (even if he does return slower) is a better player

Madras,

Sorry mate but I frankly don't give a damn what some brummie person would say about Milner playing for a different club. Zog is a much better player than Milner right now and also has the potential to improve to a greater level than Milner will ever reach. Imo.

If we signed  Drogba I wouldn't be surprised if you blurted out he's done nowt yet to deserve a place ahead of Smith or Viduka.

Duff is a better footballer than Milner. It's as simple as that and I'm not a great supporter of Duff, as anyone who remembers back to Robert might recall. I've always seen Duff as a player who blows hot and cold but he's still better than Milner.

Again, for those sensitive types like someone yesterday, this is just my opinion. I hope people don't get upset about me disagreeing with them about Milner.

Milner's been alright imo.  Some people are setting there standards too high imo.

True, expecting a winger to cross a ball accurately is clearly being too picky.  :rolleyes:

With the standard around ATM you'll be hard pressed to find many wingers that can cross accurately on a regular basis outside of the Ronaldos of this world.  I don't know whether it's a dying art but there's certainly a dearth of quality wingers in the league.

Madras,

Sorry mate but I frankly don't give a damn what some brummie person would say about Milner playing for a different club. Zog is a much better player than Milner right now and also has the potential to improve to a greater level than Milner will ever reach. Imo.

i'm very open minded on it. yes n'zogbia has bags of potential but his form over the past 18months has him well and truly in the over-rated camp especially by many on here.

re-his crossing as mentioned by some isn't as bad as made out by some and some of the time the forwards don't help (unfortunatly it is only the forwards as for 2 or 3 years we haven't had any midfielders getting beyond into threatening positions)....sometimes the best the winger can do is put the ball in a threatening place and hope the forwards read it. only owen going near post does it for us.

With the standard around ATM you'll be hard pressed to find many wingers that can cross accurately on a regular basis outside of the Ronaldos of this world.  I don't know whether it's a dying art but there's certainly a dearth of quality wingers in the league.

Bouzza looked very good the other night.