James Milner

Alberto2005

Milner doesn't have any straight-line speed, but he has a fantastic change of direction, and every season, he learns to make better use of it and create time and space for himself. He's well worth sticking with.

By the time he is 30 he might be able to cross a ball?

Excessive optimism, there.

Well I'd say that his crossing is pretty good. It can improve, and will improve, but it's usually okay.

Crossing accurately is a more difficult skill than it looks.

Milner doesn't have any straight-line speed, but he has a fantastic change of direction, and every season, he learns to make better use of it and create time and space for himself. He's well worth sticking with.

By the time he is 30 he might be able to cross a ball?

Excessive optimism, there.

Well I'd say that his crossing is pretty good. It can improve, and will improve, but it's usually okay.

Crossing accurately is a more difficult skill than it looks.

Isnt that what he is paid to do? It's generally shocking by the way.

Had the radio on yesterday and a rugger player was on talking about how he received sprint coaching to help him work on his technique. Apparently, he's now one of the fastest players around (can't remember his name). I wonder if Sam has thought about bringing in someone like that for Milner. He runs like a fucking monkey half the time.

Had the radio on yesterday and a rugger player was on talking about how he received sprint coaching to help him work on his technique. Apparently, he's now one of the fastest players around (can't remember his name). I wonder if Sam has thought about bringing in someone like that for Milner. He runs like a fucking monkey half the time.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tbf, it's not quite as peculiar as his body shape when he's jockeying an opponent when he starts to resemble a hunchback with low self esteem.

Tbf, it's not quite as peculiar as his body shape when he's jockeying an opponent when he starts to resemble a hunchback with low self esteem.

As opposed to the breezy, confident, man-about-town type hunchback?

I've never seen a happy hunchback in the mould you speak of Chez.

They've all got the hump, it seems.

Precisely. You watch young Milner and see what I mean.

Monkey running is in.

Guest bluegeordie

HES THE BEST WE HAVE ON THE PITCH EACH WEEK

Hunchbacks? Possibly :shifty:

In terms of crossing being harder than it looks, I'd say that's true ... but it's no harder than Milner makes it look, and therein (after numerous seasons) lies the problem.

Still, overall, for my money Milner is neither Saint nor Sinner, and I'm all for a bit of positive discrimination / affirmative action where hunchback monkeys with low self esteem are concerned - imho they're one of the forgotten minorities in the modern game.   

In terms of crossing being harder than it looks, I'd say that's true ... but it's no harder than Milner makes it look, and therein (after numerous seasons) lies the problem.

Still, overall, for my money Milner is neither Saint nor Sinner, and I'm all for a bit of positive discrimination / affirmative action where hunchback monkeys with low self esteem are concerned - imho they're one of the forgotten minorities in the modern game.   

A commendably Christmas spirit on show there, bluegeordie.

Guest bluegeordie

A commendably Christmas spirit on show there, bluegeordie.

Nobody likes a Scrooge ... but I'll be peddling hunting licences for said minority early in the new year! :razz:

So I was right all along about Milner?

Surely I was?  :lol:

I seem to remember you saying we should build the team around him? :undecided:

joke

Too much xmas spirit there Roberto. I may have said Aston Villa should build their team around him though.

I thought he was excellent in the first half and our best player alongside Beye.

Was it the shocking miss or the terrible crossing that made you think that?

Or the amusing miscontrol when presented with our second best chance of the 1st half (having amusing screwed up the first)

No doubt he will be writing an article for Blind Faith this month detailing the reasons.

Guest Knightrider

OMG!LOLZ a player miss-controls a ball or misses a chance... :lol:

In the context of the game I though he was excellent especially in the first half.

Oh put another way, he did OK for such a shite player!

He did very well at creating the half yard necessary to put a cross in, as he often does, but his end product was below par, even for him, I thought. It was the lack of quality from these areas that cost us the match, imo, we had more than enough territory and posession to win it, but out final ball let us down so much that we didn't actually create too many clear cut chances.