Toon enter Davids hunt

Nobby

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_2960497,00.html

Newcastle have taken South African international Lance Davids on trial.

The 22-year-old highly-rated midfielder has just finished a trial stint with Blackburn and he has now travelled to the North East to undergo a similar spell.

Davids is currently plying his trade in Sweden with Djurgardens - but he now has the chance to earn a move to the Premier League.

Djurgardens' sporting director Bosse Andersson confirmed that the club allowed him to travel to England.

"Newcastle has sent an invitation to Lance and he will be on trial there all this week," Andersson told Expressen.

"He was at Blackburn last week and they were happy with what they saw and now he will spend a week in Newcastle, that is our agreement.

"We have not received any offers yet though, these are only trial invitations."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lance_Davids

Guest Peter.Sthlm

Thought it was Edgar Davids...thank f*** for that!

Edgar Davids would be a better option. Trust me this guy is not made for the Premiership and will never be. He has problems with his end product in our league which is ranked the 26th best in Europe or something like that.

At his best he might be able to be a new grafter but that's about the last thing NUFC needs right now.

These kind of trails never really work do they?

At 22 you'd of thought he'd of made a decent impact if he was going to be something special. Fair enough if he was 17, still learning, but at that age, the talent should be obvious, and having to have a trial really suggest its not there.

These kind of trails never really work do they?

At 22 you'd of thought he'd of made a decent impact if he was going to be something special. Fair enough if he was 17, still learning, but at that age, the talent should be obvious, and having to have a trial really suggest its not there.

Not saying this kid will be anything like him but wasn't Drogba playing in the French 2nd division until he was about 24?

He's not stood out in the Swedish League this season, and that's saying something as the Swedish league is SHITE. I've not watched his club too much this season, but from I've seen, I can't believe that he's even getting a shot here. Tbf, I think it's his agent trying to craft a move, as he's said he wants to play in a better league.

Guest Peter.Sthlm

He's not stood out in the Swedish League this season, and that's saying something as the Swedish league is s****. I've not watched his club too much this season, but from I've seen, I can't believe that he's even getting a shot here. Tbf, I think it's his agent trying to craft a move, as he's said he wants to play in a better league.

No acctually it's the Head Coach of South Africa that has told him that he won't be part of the World Cup squad unless he moves to a better league.

BTW he is a first team regular and a good player in our league but as you said nothing special and has nothing to do in a premiership squad.