Three Manchester United fans stabbed in Rome.

James

Its hard to feel any sympathy (at this stage, afaik no-one is dead). I'm not saying that because they are Rags. But because going to watch your team play in Rome is on a par to sticking your hand in a toaster. Obviously the purportrators are scum and I make no attempt to excuse their behavior, but the fact that there are italian football "fans" who like to stab people should come as a shock to absolutely nobody, especially fans of teams who go over there every 5 minutes. Why bother going. Its not like the game means owt or anything. Have you seen their team?

Its hard to feel any sympathy (at this stage, afaik no-one is dead). I'm not saying that because they are Rags. But because going to watch your team play in Rome is on a par to sticking your hand in a toaster. Obviously the purportrators are scum and I make no attempt to excuse their behavior, but the fact that there are italian football "fans" who like to stab people should come as a shock to absolutely nobody, especially fans of teams who go over there every 5 minutes. Why bother going. Its not like the game means owt or anything. Have you seen their team?

I've got sympathy for anybody who gets stabbed for supporting any team.

They put themselves in a situation where they knew there was a possibility they could get hurt, and for what, to watch Johnny Evans and Chris Eagles play in a dead game. Why? Fools for going in the first place. :idiot2:

Man United fans stabbed in Rome 

Three Manchester United fans have been stabbed in Rome ahead of the club's Champions League tie in the city, according to reports.

A Foreign Office spokesman said trouble flared between rival supporters outside the stadium. Two British nationals had been arrested.

Consular officials were checking on the extent of injuries at a hospital.

The last time the two teams met in April, 11 fans were taken to hospital after violence in the stadium.

Reports in Italy said three Manchester United supporters had been stabbed but were not thought to be seriously hurt.

The Foreign Office could not confirm the number of people injured.

Just heard that it's 5 Man Utd fans !

One of them only 16 years old. What is it with these Italian fans? Absolute cowards.

I'd like to know what was going thru the heads of that kids parents when they let him go to this game. :idiot2:

I also heard a Roma fan had been stabbed?

Consular officials are at the hospital where the fans have been taken. It is reported that two others, one of them a 16-year-old boy, needed treatment for the effects of drink.

Sounds like the other two were just too pissed!

They put themselves in a situation where they knew there was a possibility they could get hurt, and for what, to watch Johnny Evans and Chris Eagles play in a dead game. Why? Fools for going in the first place. :idiot2:

I disagree. They just want to support their team. Nowt wrong with that. There shouldn't be any danger of this happening. I do understand your point, though. You would never catch me going there.

Five Manchester United fans have been stabbed ahead of the club's European Champions tie against Roma.

Violence erupted between a group of 50 rival fans on a bridge near the Stadio Olimpico in Rome.

Police used two baton charges to disperse the fans and arrested two British nationals.

The last time the two teams met in April, 11 fans were taken to hospital after violence in the stadium. The stab injuries are not said to be serious.

Consular officials are at the hospital where the fans have been taken. It is reported that two others, one of them a 16-year-old boy, needed treatment for the effects of drink.

A Foreign Office spokesman said the situation outside and inside the stadium was "calm."

Hooligan warning

He said: "It appears there was trouble outside the stadium.

"A number of British fans were injured and two British nationals have been arrested.

"Our consular officials are on the way to the hospital to check on conditions, the numbers involved and whether anyone needs assistance.

"The situation is now said to be calm both outside and inside the stadium."

Trouble flared during the two clubs' Champions League game in Rome last season when fans were charged and beaten by riot police trying to control violence in the stadium.

Scuffles also broke out outside Old Trafford during the second leg of the tie, with 21 people arrested.

Greater Manchester Police officers travelled to Rome before Tuesday's game and issued a warning to hooligans not to attend.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

So lets see what the fuck Platini does about this.  My guess is he'll do something, but as per usual it won't be anywhere near enough.