Gudjohnsen linked again

TRon

Gudjohnsen is the type of creative player we miss. If we're going to play 451/433 then IMO he's perfect for an advanced role in the central three. Creativity in the middle and pace out wide = success :thup:

Gudjohnsen is the type of creative player we miss. If we're going to play 451/433 then IMO he's perfect for an advanced role in the central three. Creativity in the middle and pace out wide = success :thup:

That could be interesting, it's something we clearly lack.

Gudjohnsen 32 years old? Do you really think he looks that old? And compared to his style of play and the way his father was in Holland (i think), he has 4 good years left.

And too the people saying hes not good enough but still demanding a creative midfielder to create something for our forwards, check out the last two Barca matches. And hes not just a pretty good midfielder, hes originally a striker so hes a decent finisher.

He was fuc*ing brilliant against Valencia and will probably start against Real Madrid, so dont say that "hes not good enough for the Premiership". If you really believe that you dont know shit about spanish football.

Has started 6 out of Barcelona's last 7 games, constantly says that we wants to stay. Don't think he'll leave in january.

Not a chance he will come. Looks to be happy at the bench in Barca so dont even think he will leve the club. would though be happy if it would happen.

Funny when people pretend they watch the La Liga  :rolleyes:

Aye, it's impossible to get a Barcelona game on Sky Sports these days.

I believe that we'll be looking to add a striker sooner rather than later, but I wouldn't expect it to happen in January and, as has been said, Gudjohnsen definitely isn't the type of striker we need for our system. So he'd be deployed in midfield mostly if he came in I'd bet, and we know Allardyce likes versatility so I wouldn't be surprised if he's a target.

Long term our number one target needs to be finding a true focal point striker for the 4-3-3, none of the players in our squad are even close to ideal for it at all.

Gudjohnsen 32 years old? Do you really think he looks that old? And compared to his style of play and the way his father was in Holland (i think), he has 4 good years left.

And too the people saying hes not good enough but still demanding a creative midfielder to create something for our forwards, check out the last two Barca matches. And hes not just a pretty good midfielder, hes originally a striker so hes a decent finisher.

He was fuc*ing brilliant against Valencia and will probably start against Real Madrid, so dont say that "hes not good enough for the Premiership". If you really believe that you dont know shit about spanish football.

Has started 6 out of Barcelona's last 7 games, constantly says that we wants to stay. Don't think he'll leave in january.

Not a chance he will come. Looks to be happy at the bench in Barca so dont even think he will leve the club. would though be happy if it would happen.

If we're spending £8-10m and blowing such wages, i'd rather it wasn't for someone who's on the downward spiral from now on.

"Downward sprial"? :lol:

He's 29 ffs, not 35.

His game is based on skill, not pace. There is a reason why he plays for a top European side.

Mate you know what it's like on here...Starting for Barca cuts no ice.  :lol:

Sportinglife.com

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce will look to add proven quality to his squad during the January transfer widow as the demands of the African Nations Cup hit hard.

The Magpies will lose four players - leading scorer Obafemi Martins, skipper Geremi and defenders Habib Beye and Abdoulaye Faye - for up to six weeks after Manchester City's visit to St James' Park on January 2.

Allardyce always knew that was likely to be the case when he signed Geremi, Beye and Faye during the summer, and although their absence could be offset in part by the impending returns of the likes of Michael Owen, Damien Duff and Stephen Carr from injury, he hopes to be able to strengthen next month.

He said: "We need two or three players and we are on the ball over that.

"But we do need quality players, and I just hope we can find them."

Rather we were going after younger targets, that's all. If we're paying that fee and paying those wages. Can't see him improving as a player now.

Can't we do both? (ie Tozer)  As far as I see it, he would SIGNIFICANTLY improve the starting XI.

"Downward sprial"? :lol:

He's 29 ffs, not 35.

His game is based on skill, not pace. There is a reason why he plays for a top European side.

At Barcelona he probably has plenty of pacy forwards ahead of him. At Newcastle he would just add to an already pedestrian attack. Nothing wrong with him as a player but he's not what we need.