Toon must be the best supporters in UK

Guest Harry-Norway

Guest Harry-Norway

Toon must be the best fotball fans in UK,you(we) have been waiting nearly 40 years for some silverware and still 50 000-52 000 turn up at St.James.Park to support NU.

To be honest i dont think Manur,Pool,Chealski andGunners fans would be that pation with their club for so many years to wait.

You all are just fantastic over in Toon and keep it up,i have been there several times myself and i will be back.

Merry Christmas and a Happy Toon year to all of you. :smitten:

Out of interest shevfa, how should a shocking 3-0 home defeat with no shots, no corners, sh*t tactics and sh*t substitutions be met?

spot on, I'll applaud a team which plays to its full potential and has a good go of it, but i will refuse to applaud a team which does nothing for 90 minutes and gets humiliated.

Honestly, I'm still supporting them even though they have been largely disappointing almost every year. ~brrrrrrrrrr

C'mon, let's be honest with ourselves. Every season, Newcastle promised so much with their pool of talented players and big purchases in the transfer market but year in, year out, they failed to deliver for the past few seasons.

Perhaps, I just hate switching to supporting another club just because they are winning something....

But I must say, Arsenal and Liverpool have very passionate and loyal fans too and I mean lots of them.... Arsenal plays fantastic football and sometimes I wish Newcastle was just like them.

I'm not too sure about Manchester United and Chelsea though. The bulk of their supporters seem to support them just because they are winning. Maybe it's just me and I may be wrong.

Tottenham is a wonderful team too... sadly, they are too scandalous these days...

I'm keeping an eye on Everton. I hope they will do something great and David Moyes gets the opportunity to develop and shine at the European stage and International stage one day.

Oh well, I'm willing to give Newcastle time. I don't expect alot this year but hopefully, with everything stable and everybody are well-adjusted, we will be able to push into the top 6 next season.

Regards,

Ericz

Honestly, I'm still supporting them even though they have been largely disappointing almost every year. ~brrrrrrrrrr

C'mon, let's be honest with ourselves. Every season, Newcastle promised so much with their pool of talented players and big purchases in the transfer market but year in, year out, they failed to deliver for the past few seasons.

Perhaps, I just hate switching to supporting another club just because they are winning something....

But I must say, Arsenal and Liverpool have very passionate and loyal fans too and I mean lots of them.... Arsenal plays fantastic football and sometimes I wish Newcastle was just like them.

I'm not too sure about Manchester United and Chelsea though. The bulk of their supporters seem to support them just because they are winning. Maybe it's just me and I may be wrong.

Tottenham is a wonderful team too... sadly, they are too scandalous these days...

I'm keeping an eye on Everton. I hope they will do something great and David Moyes gets the opportunity to develop and shine at the European stage and International stage one day.

Oh well, I'm willing to give Newcastle time. I don't expect alot this year but hopefully, with everything stable and everybody are well-adjusted, we will be able to push into the top 6 next season.

Regards,

Dave

I don't buy into this "best supporters in the world" stuff.  I think the guys who have been going to watch non-league teams for years at grounds that are only good enough for dogs to p!ss and sh!te on knowing that the third round of the F.A. Cup is the pinnacle of their expectations deserve more credit than fans who watch top flight football in state-of-the-art stadia with the best facilities every week.

I don't think supporters deserve that much credit full stop. If they had something better to do and / or didn't enjoy it they wouldn't go. Fact! Fact! Fac-a-lac-a-lac-boom!

Toon must be the best fotball fans in UK,you(we) have been waiting nearly 40 years for some silverware and  still 50 000-52 000 turn up at St.James.Park to support NU.

To be honest i dont think Manur,Pool,Chealski andGunners  fans would be that pation with their club for so many years to wait.

You all are just fantastic over in Toon  and keep it up,i have been there several times myself and i will be back.

Hence the reason we are the "loyalest football supporters the world has ever had" and "we are the geordies, the soopa geordies" according to two of our chants...

Guest elbee909

Best supporters?  Completely subjective self-congratulatory simpering bollocks.  Talk about trying to make the best out of never winning anything. 

Everyone thinks they are the 'best' supporters.  It's enough just to be a supporter, isn't it?

Best supporters?  Completely subjective self-congratulatory simpering bollocks.  Talk about trying to make the best out of never winning anything. 

Everyone thinks they are the 'best' supporters.  It's enough just to be a supporter, isn't it?

:thup:

There is something to be said from the fact we get big crowds after all this time, but there are other factors at work there anyway.

We USED to have the best supporters but now i really give up.  The away guys are spot on but at home i dont know why they even turn up just to have a little piss,moan, cry and leave 10 min early so they can have a piss or whatever they do

Toon must be the best fotball fans in UK,you(we) have been waiting nearly 40 years for some silverware and  still 50 000-52 000 turn up at St.James.Park to support NU.

To be honest i dont think Manur,Pool,Chealski andGunners  fans would be that pation with their club for so many years to wait.

You all are just fantastic over in Toon  and keep it up,i have been there several times myself and i will be back.

except for the vast majority of the period in question, the crowds were nowhere near 50,000.

Nice sentiment though.

I don't buy into this "best supporters in the world" stuff.  I think the guys who have been going to watch non-league teams for years at grounds that are only good enough for dogs to p!ss and sh!te on knowing that the third round of the F.A. Cup is the pinnacle of their expectations deserve more credit than fans who watch top flight football in state-of-the-art stadia with the best facilities every week.

Have to agree with this. Saw an FA cup match between Yeovil and..god knows on Thanksgiving and those fans were great. Stadium didn't even look like it had seats but everyone was standing right off the pitch singing and cheering their team on. Had to give them credit, I don't know if I could do it.