Toon must be the best supporters in UK

Guest Harry-Norway

For the last several seasons our traveling fans have been the noisiest in the premier league, that's a fact. I'm not talking about the 'loyalest supporters ever' or any other grand statement like that.. no matter how pathetic we play, or whoever dickhead is in charge of the team, we just keep turning up in numbers and celebrate our love for the club :smitten: that's what it's all about after all..

It's normally thought that no other club has achieved so little and had such a large and devoted following over the last 50 years

You can draw a parallel with Harry's Norway there. For years SK Brann in Bergen were Norway's best supported club but had not been champions for decades. Their supporters were Scandinavia's equivalent of us, turning up in numbers but were perennial also rans.

Like us it had become a bit of a joke and some had given up hope of ever winning it again.

This year they finally won it again !

Keep the faith.

Anyway, aren't we historically the 7th best supported team in England and the 7th most successful? Par for the course tbh.

Hugely subjective that attendance thing on nufc.com.  We spent 24 seasons in the second tier, our top flight average 37,000 is just behind Man Utd and well above the rest.  In real terms we've been the second best supported club overall, WORLD RECORD average gates, three averages under 20000 in our entire history.  If ever a support can claim to be the best in England it's us.  No one takes nearly 7,000 fans to Blackburn in the run of form we were in.

yeah and 4000 at fulham considering it was at christmas and always destined to be a s**** game is incredible. i go to all the london away games with several of my non-NUFC supporting mates, and they always say afterwards how amazing the atmosphere is and how loyal the NUFC fans are.

Someone above said Arsenal have better fans than Man U what a load of bollocks that is! Man Utd's away fans are the best I have seen at St James mainly for their creativity in their songs, although Fenerbahce for pure insanity come close.

Someone above said Arsenal have better fans than Man U what a load of bollocks that is! Man Utd's away fans are the best I have seen at St James mainly for their creativity in their songs, although Fenerbahce for pure insanity come close.

agreed man u's away support is top notch there home on the otherhand is shite,,,,,,,,,,,

I don't buy into this "best supporters in the world" stuff.  I think the guys who have been going to watch non-league teams for years at grounds that are only good enough for dogs to p!ss and sh!te on knowing that the third round of the F.A. Cup is the pinnacle of their expectations deserve more credit than fans who watch top flight football in state-of-the-art stadia with the best facilities every week.

Well we support our local team don't we ? Well i certainly do only living 10 minutes away from the ground

I don't buy into this "best supporters in the world" stuff.  I think the guys who have been going to watch non-league teams for years at grounds that are only good enough for dogs to p!ss and sh!te on knowing that the third round of the F.A. Cup is the pinnacle of their expectations deserve more credit than fans who watch top flight football in state-of-the-art stadia with the best facilities every week.

Well we support our local team don't we ? Well i certainly do only living 10 minutes away from the ground

Wouldn't that be Gateshead for you. ;)

Hartlepool for me etc

Hartlepool for me etc

Newcastle for me, my home being 15 miles away

Guest Brewcastle

The club's dedicated supporters gives the whole package a dimension that gives a spin-off-effect in supporting. For that reason it's easy to support NUFC even if we have to wait for silverware.  blueyes.gif

Hartlepool for me etc

But Nobby, don't you live in London?!?!

Hartlepool for me etc

Depends, 10 minutes in which direction?

TBH

Hartlepool for me etc

TBH

He's from Gateshead though.

10 minutes south from SJP tbh

And i do go to watch Gateshead when The Mags arn't playing sometimes  :lol:

Hartlepool for me etc

TBH

He's from Gateshead though.

10 minutes south from SJP tbh

And i do go to watch Gateshead when The Mags arn't playing sometimes  :lol: Only 2 minutes form Heworth Metro to Gateshead Stadium.

I mean come on, there's only about 10 people who attend most of their games

Hartlepool for me etc

But Nobby, don't you live in London?!?!

if you re-read the post you may understand

Oh well, I'm willing to give Newcastle time. I don't expect alot this year but hopefully, with everything stable and everybody are well-adjusted, we will be able to push into the top 6 next season.

Regards,

Ericz

Dont expect a lot this lifetime.........never mind maybe next time

(making a late challenge for pessimistic b@@*@rd of the year!!  :laugh: