Diarra

stozo

I think he's quite overrated. He's never played in a team like us, and probably won't ever if he stays in Arsenal. We should take note of the recent phenomenon of supposedly 'good' players coming from better clubs to play for us and then becoming the definition of suckitude when they're here. The style of play is different, the skills that these players possess are different and they've been taught to play a different style of football. This is why we should be really careful when buying 'established' players like Wes Brown, Diarra etc. The evidence is there, just look at Parker, Butt, Emre, Luque (maybe?) and Duff. They're all examples of players that we, and most people, thought were good but they've all underachieved here and thus, it's a lesson that Allardyce has to heed.

The way teams like Arsenal, Chelsea and Manyoo play is very different from the way we play. They dominate possession and then play the ball in the other team's half. They're rarely put under significant pressure and rarely is it a lengthened spell. That's why Butt has underachieved here imo. At Manyoo, he only had to put in a few tackles to break up play and could rely on his anticipation, but here, we're put under pressure way more often so he has to run, harry and hustle and that's why he seems to be less effective than he was when he was at Manyoo. Obviously there are other factors but we've got to be more wary of buying players recklessly from these teams.

I think he's quite overrated. He's never played in a team like us, and probably won't ever if he stays in Arsenal. We should take note of the recent phenomenon of supposedly 'good' players coming from better clubs to play for us and then becoming the definition of suckitude when they're here. The style of play is different, the skills that these players possess are different and they've been taught to play a different style of football. This is why we should be really careful when buying 'established' players like Wes Brown, Diarra etc. The evidence is there, just look at Parker, Butt, Emre, Luque (maybe?) and Duff. They're all examples of players that we, and most people, thought were good but they've all underachieved here and thus, it's a lesson that Allardyce has to heed.

Diarra is far from 'established' in fact its the last thing he is.

Too small for me, i personally don't see much in him either, we need a big presence in central mid, and i think thats the route we should go down next when replacing Butt.

Would be a quality addition to the squad, from what i've seen. Long term replacement for Butt.

I agree. He'd do a good job as an immediate replacement for Butt as well imo.

Agreed. Nicky Butt's time here as a starter should be over as soon as possible.

Not really seen much of him, i heard he was a up and down midfileder, like Barton, would be a Allardyce type signing, not really seen much of him but i woldnt mind a defensive midfielder imporvemnt on Butt, i dont think Butt protects the back four that much. Diarra ticks all the boxes for me age wise and position wise!