Alan Smith

tmonkey

Smithy will be a huge asset in the upcoming relegation scrap.

We seen what a huge asset he was to Leeds when they went down, plenty of charging around with his chest puffed out (kind of like Steven Taylor here) but contributed fuck all.

Guest Sniffer

Pretty much like N'zogbia as well. Doesn't puff his chest out but contributes fuck all. It'll be interesting to see how he responds when it gets a bit tasty .

Pretty much like N'zogbia as well. Doesn't puff his chest out but contributes f*** all. It'll be interesting to see how he responds when it gets a bit tasty .

We've got more chance of playing our way out of trouble with the likes of N'Zogbia in form, than what we have of Barton, Butt & Smith bruising their way through.

Guest Sniffer

Disagree. N'zogbia is not the type of player who can roll his sleeves up and help a struggling team. He does not have it in him, IMO.

Not that I think Smith or  Barton can help us in their current form.

I hate the phrase "relegation scrap", it sort of says that it's no longer a game of football. No side has stayed in this league by "scrapping", they have stayed in by playing football.

If we are going to stay in this league we need to be the best football side we can. Players like Viduka, Emre and N'Zogbia over Smith, Butt etc everyday of the week.

Disagree. N'zogbia is not the type of player who can roll his sleeves up and help a struggling team. He does not have it in him, IMO.

Not that I think Smith or  Barton can help us in their current form.

The whole reason we're a "struggling team" in the first place is because the likes of Barton & Smith have been dogsh*t.

I hate the phrase "relegation scrap", it sort of says that it's no longer a game of football. No side has stayed in this league by "scrapping", they have stayed in by playing football.

If we are going to stay in this league we need to be the best football side we can. Players like Viduka, Emre and N'Zogbia over Smith, Butt etc everyday of the week.

If we're relying on Viduka and Emre, we ARE fucked.

absolutely

Why? Who would you prefer in their place?

well, this is the point. We didn't react to the fact we are struggling ?

all the teams below us would love to have Emre or Viduka in their side. the reason they're down there is because they don't have quality in their sides, lots of battlers and workers without much talent (Alan Smith) though.

I'd go along with that.

So you believe the reason we are struggling is solely down to the talent of the players?

all the teams below us would love to have Emre or Viduka in their side. the reason they're down there is because they don't have quality in their sides, lots of battlers and workers without much talent (Alan Smith) though.

Exactly. These are the people who have got us into the trouble in the first place.

So you believe the reason we are struggling is solely down to the talent of the players?

the reason we are struggling is fairly obvious mate. Not enough quality footballers, its as simple as that, particularly in midfield and up front.

I think Viduka is class but we can't rely on him as he's so injury proned.

agree, same with emre. you cant rely on any individual really, you have to work as a team. but the point still stands that while we'll berate the likes of Emre, N'Zogbia, Owen, Viduka etc for being lazy, inconsistent and so on, it's these types of players that give us an edge over the teams below us and players they'd love to have. workers like Geremi, Smith, Butt wouldn't really make any difference if they turned up in Birmingham or Derby's first team.

the reason we are struggling is fairly obvious mate. Not enough quality footballers, its as simple as that, particularly in midfield and up front.

Do you believe Blackburn and West Ham have more quality in their sides?

I cant think for a second that you believe that. Therefore, why are they further up the league and out of the relegation places?