Alan Smith

tmonkey

Guest neesy111

I can't Everton being stupid enough to take him.

A few of their fans think it would be a great deal though: http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8183

We need to do everything we can to get this charlatan off our hands while people outside of NUFC still think this way.

i think they are, moyes is complaining about not getting transfer targets, so they could be stupid enough (erm wise enough....)

HAY GUYZ

..maybe we could have some kind of reverse psychology type deal going on here, you know, like bigging up "Smudge" on here so rival teams read the forum and realise what they're missing.....they'll then stage protests around their club, demanding to sign alan smith...

on the next clean page we should type how amazing Smith actually is.

:undecided: it might just......work  ???

edit: ^^ that rights, James has the right idea  :pow:

I can't Everton being stupid enough to take him.

A few of their fans think it would be a great deal though: http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8183

We need to do everything we can to get this charlatan off our hands while people outside of NUFC still think this way.

i think they are, moyes is complaining about not getting transfer targets, so they could be stupid enough (erm wise enough....)

Everton will literally become my second team if they take this piece of shit footballer from nufc

Guest Guinness

Anything for Smith would be amazing, hopefully it would also free up some room for us to sign a striker who can score goals.

Is it only us who see how bad he is? Man Utd fans love him.

I thought Moyes was an astute manager, but if this deal is true, it shows how bad things have become at Everton (reminds me of the summer when all we got was Lee Bowyer). I know Moyes is desperate for players, but surely he can do better than this.

Still hope it's true though.

Guest Mucky01

Awesome player, if Everton get him for less than £8m they're doing us.

yep, £8m + 50% sell on cut because he’ll be sold on to Real Madrid for £30m by this time next year.

Reckon he'd do alright at Everton. Suited to their harrying/in your face style. Moyes usually gets the best out of players like him n all.

Can't see that like. He's been abysmal for us under two different managers, both in midfield and up front.

Moyes is a good manager, but you can't polish a turd

Reckon he'd do alright at Everton. Suited to their harrying/in your face style. Moyes usually gets the best out of players like him n all.

Can't see that like. He's been abysmal for us under two different managers, both in midfield and up front.

Moyes is a good manager, but you can't polish a turd

I don't know which Alan Smith you've been watching- the kid really has potential.

KEVIN Keegan will get down to some much-needed work with his strikers this week and hopes to end it with Michael Owen providing some respite for Alan Smith.

Goal-scoring has been Newcastle United’s biggest weakness in pre-season as injuries and absenteeism have taken their toll. The Magpies have not scored since Damien Duff’s hat-trick in a 3-0 victory over Hartlepool United in their opening game, losing 1-0 in each of the three matches since then. As the only striker to have played in all four games – starting on every occasion – Smith has come in for the most criticism.

There were ironic cheers from the travelling fans when the 27-year-old attempted a shot in Newcastle’s match against Real Mallorca on Sunday. The Yorkshireman is yet to score for United since joining for £6m last summer – 37 games, albeit with plenty of them having come in midfield.

But with Smith his only match-fit striker at present, Keegan has come out in defence of the England international.

“Alan’s confidence is okay but he will always work hard,” said the manager. “But we haven’t done a lot of finishing yet, not much work with the strikers. Now we will be able to do that.”

By Sunday, Smith was Newcastle’s only fit striker, although that is expected to change soon. Keegan hopes to include Obafemi Martins at home to Valencia on Saturday after a knee injury only allowed the Nigerian to do light training in Mallorca. The plan is to also give Owen his first – and last – football of the pre-season that day.

“Michael will be back with us, hopefully on the bench in the second game (of two at home this week, the other being against PSV Eindhoven tomorrow) but it will take some work to get him fit,” Keegan acknowledged.

“We have to be different with him as he picked up a calf strain.” The news suggests Keegan’s prognosis last week that Owen should be fit to face Manchester United on August 17 now looks over-optimistic.

The Valencia match is United’s last before the competitive action starts and Owen did not even have the benefit of his 2007-08 campaign being prolonged by international duty when he was forced to sit out England’s summer games because of mumps.

If time is running out on Owen’s chances of starting on the opening weekend of the new season, it is also doing so with his new contract. Despite lengthy negotiations, United’s captain is yet to put pen to paper on a new deal. His current one expires next summer, meaning he will be free to talk to other interested clubs from January 2008 unless an extension has been agreed by then. As he left Mallorca, Keegan was unconcerned, however.

“I don’t know,” he admitted when asked what progress had been made with Owen. “I have been concentrating on stuff out here. I’ll find out when I get back but I am not worried about it.”

Keegan seems justifiably concerned about the lack of senior players at his disposal, a problem he says is exacerbated by the lack of talent below the first team. On Sunday, he had ten seniors at his disposal, although Jonás Gutiérrez did not play against his old club for diplomatic reasons. Others could have featured had it been a competitive game.

“I can’t fault their attitude but we had 11 players who weren’t even involved against Mallorca,” he said. “We could have had another team out.

“We are down to one forward and have also lost the underbelly of it with (Andy) Carroll out for a month and (Kazenga) LuaLua, who would strengthen your bench. We don’t have many youngsters at the club. Some of the kids we have really are kids.”

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/05/smith-burden-must-be-lifted-61634-21464432/

The fact he played for Man U is all they've got to hang on to, anyone who played for them is a demi God let's face it (to the Press I mean) . He can do no wrong.

Let's build him up - lie, cheat,  anything to get rid.  :celb:

fucking disgrace if only Martins and Smith are fit for Man U

The club have been aware of Viduka's problems since May and Owen is always going to be a doubt, why we dont already have a striker in the bag is beyond me. Alan fucking Smith up front, fucking idiots

fucking disgrace if only Martins and Smith are fit for Man U

The club have been aware of Viduka's problems since May and Owen is always going to be a doubt, why we dont already have a striker in the bag is beyond me. Alan fucking Smith up front, fucking idiots

So how many strikers do you think a squad should have?