Given - Beaten Easily From Long Range Again.

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Stephen927

2-2 derby at home, i think.

It was, the Miller goal at the beginning of the second half.

Guest Stephen927

2-2 derby at home, i think.

It was, the Miller goal at the beginning of the second half.

Wasnt Harper in goal for that?

Just looked it up on NUFC.com

The team that day was:

Given

Beye

Rozehnal

Cacapa

N'Zogbia

Smith

Butt

Barton

Milner

Martins

Viduka

It was Derby away that Harps was beaten by a long range Miller effort, remember having an argument with some prick in the pub that was having a go at him all the way up to half time because of it

Yet again, here's another example of people inexplicably complaining about clearly one of the best players at the club only to see him go and not replaced. See Emre, Parker, Solano, Milner et al.

No, not at all really. People were rightfully criticising Given for the few flaws he had, but no one was saying that we wanted him out. In fact, the club didn't push him out or put him up for slae, he demanded a transfer. As for the replacement part, goalkeeper was one of the fews areas of the pitch in which we had adequate cover in both the senior and youth ranks.

Yet again, here's another example of people inexplicably complaining about clearly one of the best players at the club only to see him go and not replaced. See Emre, Parker, Solano, Milner et al.

No, not at all really. People were rightfully criticising Given for the few flaws he had, but no one was saying that we wanted him out. In fact, the club didn't push him out or put him up for slae, he demanded a transfer. As for the replacement part, goalkeeper was one of the fews areas of the pitch in which we had adequate cover in both the senior and youth ranks.

Yes, fair enough. Maybe Given isn't the best example for this. I'll explain anyway. It always pissed me off when people flamed Milner, for example like 'get him out' or 'sell him now' when there are clearly worse players in the squad. Just strikes me as being a bit... fickle.

Emre played 50 games in three seasons and Parker just spun on the spot for two years straight.  Milner was a good player, but one of our best?, perhaps but its marginal IMO.

Selling Milner wasn't the mistake, for the £12m we got we could have vastly improved our team more than James Milner would have done this year.

Some central midfielders, for instance.

Selling Milner wasn't the mistake, for the £12m we got we could have vastly improved our team more than James Milner would have done this year.

Some central midfielders, for instance.

Agreed.

My only argument was with those who were along the lines of "I would sell him for £2m" "get whatever we can for him" (infact I am sure there were a few willing to let him go on a free just to get him off the books) or "he is fucking shit, the worst winger we have ever had" etc etc.... ;)