If not Sam, who then?

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

Well I've resigned myself now that he won't be here much longer, too many odds stacked against him. He would literally have to finish in the top 6 to win a lot of people over, including the board I imagine. Ah well, May could be fun. Or even Jan.

If he went 442, and palyed players in position and toughed out a few results by sticking to the formation, then he could have the rest of the season.

If he continues to neglect popular opinion of what's wrong right now the formation, selection & tactics and we pick up no points and get battered then he's gone.

I think he's gone anyway. It won't happen until May probably but I can't see him lasting too long beyond that unless things pick up drastically.

Well I've resigned myself now that he won't be here much longer, too many odds stacked against him. He would literally have to finish in the top 6 to win a lot of people over, including the board I imagine. Ah well, May could be fun. Or even Jan.

are you not just resigning to the fact that sams tactics are woefully inept and should probably go? Dont get me wrong i would love him to do well and add stability to the club, but he is doing this to himself... his tactics have been baffling

Guest Knightrider

are you not just resigning to the fact that sams tactics are woefully inept and should probably go? Dont get me wrong i would love him to do well and add stability to the club, but he is doing this to himself... his tactics have been baffling

You don't know me very well then, no. I have a high pain tolerance and my patience knows no bounds. He's still a good manager in my opinion and I personally would stick with him and hope that does happen. I can tough this out quite easily, don't think the club itself can and fans in general.

With the new regime in charge and us now virtually debt free, if MA wanted to start making his mark, I'd say all bets are off reg who can or can't attract. Mort and MA if they were looking to get thier own man would get a top tier manager I've absolutely no doubt about that. There is a new professional approach behind the scenes and I certainly see Mort as somene who would make a well informed descision as he would treat any business/professional descision. These two boys are successful in the business world and are winners, whoever they might bring in, if they do would I have no doubts be a winner.

Guest Knightrider

With the new regime in charge and us now virtually debt free, if MA wanted to start making his mark, I'd say all bets are off reg who can or can't attract. Mort and MA if they were looking to get thier own man would get a top tier manager I've absolutely no doubt about that. There is a new professional approach behind the scenes and I certainly see Mort as somene who would make a well informed descision as he would treat any business/professional descision. These two boys are successful in the business world and are winners, whoever they might bring in, if they do would I have no doubts be a winner.

I think it's too early to tell what kind of manager they would prefer and who they could get.

Nobody brilliant about tbh.

If we sacked Allardyce it would be Shearer we'd end up with.

I'd take it!

Would be an absolute stab in the dark. On one side he could be an excellent manager, on the other he could be as bad as Souness.

Nobody brilliant about tbh.

If we sacked Allardyce it would be Shearer we'd end up with.

I'd take it!

Would be an absolute stab in the dark. On one side he could be an excellent manager, on the other he could be as bad as Souness.

Every manager at every club is a massive gamble

Some gambles are bigger than others. Ramos had won several trophies at Seville before going to Spurs, same with Mourinho when he went to Chelsea and O'Neill when he went to Villa.

Shearer has never even had a job, let alone won a trophy.

What i can't understand so far is why he has not given the 4-4-2 a fair go. The current squad suggested very quickly that they were not suited to the 4-3-3 he is trying to play so why not change it? I strongly suspect we would of picked up more points by now if we playing a settled 4-4-2 and then by the time May comes he could get hopefully get in a few players to allow him to go back to the 4-3-3 if he wants to.

the only reason i have slight doubts to SA is his mentality. A team like newcastle shouldnt ever go on the field just to keep a clean sheet. seems that is all he cares about, and thats so boring to watch. rather let 2 in and score 3.

Can't believe for a moment that Jol would be a candidate if there was a vacancy.  Kemsley knows only too well what Jol did wrong and he'd never let his mate make the same mistake.

Jol is a good coach who took Spurs up to a certain level and probably could do the same again for Newcastle.  The point is that both Spurs and Newcastle would want to go higher than to the point where Jol could take them.

With a billionaire owner all the old arguments about getting good candidates are moot.

Agree, a lot of people really are overly pessimistic about who we can/can't attract.

The Premiership is the league to be in, by far the richest league in the world and as more and more teams become minted then more and more top quality players will be present in the league.

Outside the top 4, we're as attractive as anyone for managers looking to come to England.

With a billionaire owner all the old arguments about getting good candidates are moot.

only if the billionaire wants to hoy more cash at it.

...well seen as he's already put in £200m (inc debt reduction) its not something I'm worried about.

Agree, a lot of people really are overly pessimistic about who we can/can't attract.

The Premiership is the league to be in, by far the richest league in the world and as more and more teams become minted then more and more top quality players will be present in the league.

Outside the top 4, we're as attractive as anyone for managers looking to come to England.

There is a whole new paradigm as you say which includes the attractiveness of the PL as an arena to ply your skills to a planet wide audience.

only if the billionaire wants to hoy more cash at it.

...well seen as he's already put in £200m (inc debt reduction) its not something I'm worried about.

we could get a quality mourinho type manager if he he was told "you'll have a £200mill transfer kitty" and pay him top wages. however that type of manager wont want to know if he's told "you can only spend what we create as a business"

i suppose our next appointment will see this answered one way or t'other