Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Im gonna go 'all in' and say that that might be legit.

I hate the Sun with a passion but i think this one is legit for some reason. They've not really left themselves much room for manouevre in case its not actually signed sealed and delivered.

Would be gutted but there are other talents out there, remember we missed Zenden and got Robert instead.

Guest Ted_Tedson

http://thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1092121.ece

Spurs land £20m Modric

By ANTONY KASTRINAKIS

Published: Today

TOTTENHAM have pulled off a sensational transfer coup by landing Croatia superstar Luka Modric after reaching a deal believed to be over £20million with Dinamo Zagreb.

Sunsport can exclusively reveal that Spurs have won the race to sign Modric and beaten competition from some of Europe’s biggest clubs.

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan had an £18.5million bid rejected by the Croatian club yesterday afternoon before Spurs upped the ante to land the star.

A top Dinamo source told us late last night: “Everything has been agreed and Modric will be going to Tottenham. All the details are in place and the fee is £20m.”

Modric will sign a five-year deal with Tottenham. The deal is believed to be a club record fee for Spurs whose previous record was the £16.5 signing of Darren Bent from Charlton last summer.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City were all linked with moves for Modric as were Barcelona, Inter and Bayern Munich.

It is a masterstroke for boss Juande Ramos who has landed a truly wonderful player who is expected to shine for Croatia in Euro 2008.

That's the sound of a cockney journalist absolutely creaming himself.

Well, either way, I hope we move on from this quickly and find ourselves a decent playmaker from elsewhere. I am gutted he is not coming to us (even more so because of where he is going to end up).

We really could do with someone of his stature, calibre and ability and I hope we can find that somewhere else.

Well, either way, I hope we move on from this quickly and find ourselves a decent playmaker from elsewhere. I am gutted he is not coming to us (even more so because of where he is going to end up).

We really could do with someone of his stature, calibre and ability and I hope we can find that somewhere else.

I just pray this isn't a sign of things to come...  :(

I feel exactly the same. Way, way too early to really get worried yet though. This season has still got 3 games left to play and he is only one player.

I feel exactly the same. Way, way too early to really get worried yet though. This season has still got 3 games left to play and he is only one player.

Yep. Although I'm disappointed and I imagine the club are too, we cannot dwell on it. We need to move on and focus our attentions elsewhere.

Hopefully he wasn't our main target anyway.

Just another player to do the double over next season.

There will be other players and other chances. We can't expect a massive rebuild in one window and we can't expect European football overnight. The sad reality is that we've got to chip away and get back up there..

..and when we get back up there we'll destroy the fucking lot of 'em.

only player ever to turn down us for Spurs! :-)

In all honesty 20m was a bit steep, you could sign most players in the world for that amount - I will be surprised if he turns out to be worth it.

If he was that good, would we not have heard a bit more about him by now?  And would a bigger club than spurs not have signed him?

Guest MaetihS

Shit!!! Looks like Spurs is really a bigger club in terms of spending prowess now. Shit!!! hope this is not the sign of our first choice players signing for other clubs.

Yep. Although I'm disappointed and I imagine the club are too, we cannot dwell on it. We need to move on and focus our attentions elsewhere.

Hopefully he wasn't our main target anyway.

He is a player in a position (offensive/creative midfield) I feel we seriously need to improve in and to get him in now would have been perfect and sorted out one of my main worries about the team very early on, leaving us free to improve/build in areas where drastic work is perhaps not needed as much.

I just really hope that just because we missed out on him, that we don't end up with someone really average instead.