Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

..the little t***

http://www.24sata.hr/sport/clanak/l-modric-sretan-sam-sto-odlazim-u-veliki-tottenham/59996/?context=naslovnica&web_page_id=main_page

Knowing Mamic policy, i think he didn't have a say in it. He is quoted in this article as saying he wasn't present at the negotiations last night and was informed by Mamic on how the things had developed. He's happy he's going to premiership and that his future's secured. Trust me, this is the way things work around here, Mamic is the owner of Dinamo and an agent to almost every Dinamo player. This kind of policy is crime bordering, but they get away with it. No need to insult the kid for the way it turned out.

i know man, i live in Bulgaria.. things are done the same way here.. it's just that i'm feeling we were used by the media.. again

fuck it

Guest sicko2ndbest

Hope Ashley batters Kemsley

At least we have a manager that we know would die for the club and will do everything with its best interests at heart. Hope he dosnt start to panic if the first few targets dont come off!!

Fukin cockney press are going to have a field day  :angry:

If he goes to Spurs so be it. He looked the type of player that would of improved our team  but it wasn't to be.

They offered more money to both him and the club

That is the usual reason why players join other clubs. Fair play to Spurs for coming up with the numbers, they beat us to this player.

We did speak to him but Keegan didn't like the figures being talked about for an unproven player

Guest elpapi

If he goes to Spurs so be it. He looked the type of player that would of improved our team  but it wasn't to be.

That is the usual reason why players join other clubs. Fair play to Spurs for coming up with the numbers, they beat us to this player.

We did speak to him but Keegan didn't like the figures being talked about for an unproven player

You're just trying to sound ITK or really know what was going on?

What the fuck happened!!

Logged off last night and he was all but signed, wake up this morning and find he's gone to those fucking cunts! Cannot believe it! Absolutely gutted, particularly since the gutter press will no doubt be creaming themselves and particularly since, as we all know, Modric is a decent player and is only likely to improve their bastard team. What's more, where do they get their money from?

:angry:

Still, as people have said, it's not in August and there are enough decent players still to bring in before the start of the season.

The whole world knew we spoke to him, I thought KK didn't get involved with the numbers. We got outbid & Spurs beat us, I dont see why people should try & dress it up as these things happen.

You're just trying to sound ITK or really know what was going on?

Spoke to someone yesterday. Keegan wants players he KNOWS can compete over a full season, particularly away from home

Bit gutted to of missed out on him, thought he would of made a good signing and would of been a name that would of got other players looking our way.

2 things that concern me with the transfer, one was the rumoured money issue, if we've underpaid or not offered him decent terms thats seems a bit strange unless he was being extorinate because that is our main selling point. If we cant outpay our main rivals then we dont have much else to offer except for our 'potential' which im sure is the same with most the clubs above us.

Also i dont like the fact that Keegan isnt part of the transfer negotiations, i know Jiminez is meant to be the bees knees regarding transfer negotiations but i cant help but think that a dosage of Keegan enthusiasm and passion would help the process a little, surely he knows his plans for the club better than Wise and Jiminez and can therefore sell it a little better.

Nee bother, there are obviously plenty of fish in the sea, its good though that the club are dfinitely looking in the right direction!

I think it's quite cruel people waking up, looking on the forum index page and seeing

Luka Modric signs fo...

Before clicking and finding out he's gone to the Spuds.

:laugh:

I swear my hands became fully awake when I saw 'Luka Modric signs for...'

Fucking shit thing to wake up and see though. At least we've still got 4 months to bring in other players. No big deal.

Bit gutted to of missed out on him, thought he would of made a good signing and would of been a name that would of got other players looking our way.

2 things that concern me with the transfer, one was the rumoured money issue, if we've underpaid or not offered him decent terms thats seems a bit strange unless he was being extorinate because that is our main selling point. If we cant outpay our main rivals then we dont have much else to offer except for our 'potential' which im sure is the same with most the clubs above us.

Also i dont like the fact that Keegan isnt part of the transfer negotiations, i know Jiminez is meant to be the bees knees regarding transfer negotiations but i cant help but think that a dosage of Keegan enthusiasm and passion would help the process a little, surely he knows his plans for the club better than Wise and Jiminez and can therefore sell it a little better.

Nee bother, there are obviously plenty of fish in the sea, its good though that the club are dfinitely looking in the right direction!

If anything it's encouraging we are going for £20m players in the first place. Obviously there will be other clubs competing so we don't have a divine right to win every player's signature. Modric seems to be a decent player but he looks a bit puny, so Spurs might get outmuscled in midfield next season.

I think it's quite cruel people waking up, looking on the forum index page and seeing

Luka Modric signs fo...

Before clicking and finding out he's gone to the Spuds.

Fair do's. I'll sort it.

As the Croatian poster has said, Modric wasn't even there, it was Mamic or whoever. So I'm not whether KK's enthusiasm would have useful at all since he wasn't even going to talk to the player.

The whole world knew we spoke to him, I thought KK didn't get involved with the numbers. We got outbid & Spurs beat us, I dont see why people should try & dress it up as these things happen.

We talked, felt it was too much money, someone else met the asking price, we move on, no big deal

I don't buy this that Keegan has no input on negotiations. Surely if it's required to get someone in we'll do what it takes.

Thats what I think.  It'd be criminal for negotiations to proceed all the way through to a contract being signed without the manager trying to sell the club to the player - something Keegan can do (even if its making up shite! Rob Lee, anyone?)

If I was Keegan I'd say to Mort I want to be involved, to find out about the player I'd be managing, ask what his ambitions are in the game, and if I was the player I'd be wanting to meet Keegan, to find out his ambitions and goals for the club.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Dave,

can we introduce a 3 strike rule for duff information from reported ITKs. This summer with Keegan and Ashley at the helm it will be 10 times worse than previous seasons so bullshitting ITKs will only make it more unbearable

3 pieces of duff info results in a weeks ban?

If anything it's encouraging we are going for £20m players in the first place. Obviously there will be other clubs competing so we don't have a divine right to win every player's signature. Modric seems to be a decent player but he looks a bit puny, so Spurs might get outmuscled in midfield next season.

True it is good that we are going looking at a good claibre of player, but itwould shock meif we were beaten by Spurs mainly on financial grounds which seems to be the case. That is our main selling poit as a club, we can offer the finances other clubs can.

Id have absolutely no issue if he signed for Spurs on an even keel with finances the same etc, but to be trumped by them on financial terms is actually a little worrying.

Hopefully though, Modric isnt our first and main target and we are actually persuing others but Modric is the one that has made it to the media, we have a precedent of our club doing business in the quiet.

Guest icemanblue

Shite. No idea what happened here yet. Lure of the big smoke and European football i'd imagine.

Disappointed, but what can you do? We've just got to keep the faith that the rest of the targets are of a similar or higher standard.

Why fucking spurs tho? Anyone but them.

I don't buy this that Keegan has no input on negotiations. Surely if it's required to get someone in we'll do what it takes.

Thats what I think.  It'd be criminal for negotiations to proceed all the way through to a contract being signed without the manager trying to sell the club to the player - something Keegan can do (even if its making up shite! Rob Lee, anyone?)

If I was Keegan I'd say to Mort I want to be involved, to find out about the player I'd be managing, ask what his ambitions are in the game, and if I was the player I'd be wanting to meet Keegan, to find out his ambitions and goals for the club.

Domestically and with other English speakers yes, but it would make little difference with international players, especially with personnel from some of the Eastern European/South American clubs where the transfer choices do not belong to the player.

Thats what I think.  It'd be criminal for negotiations to proceed all the way through to a contract being signed without the manager trying to sell the club to the player - something Keegan can do (even if its making up s****! Rob Lee, anyone?)

i guess that's a standard procedure when a player is considering an offer.. i don't think we ever got into that stage with Modric..

Dave,

can we introduce a 3 strike rule for duff information from reported ITKs. This summer with Keegan and Ashley at the helm it will be 10 times worse than previous seasons so bullshitting ITKs will only make it more unbearable

3 pieces of duff info results in a weeks ban?

Where is the duff info in this story?

We had talks with the club and agent - true

We had a second meeting in London with agent - true

Agent/club also in talks with Spurs at the same time - they win.

OK the 'Keegan didn't fancy him enough' tales are tenuous at best, but its hardly ITK stuff at its best