Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If he has already agreed to sign you would hope that he sticks to his word and doesnt pull out if he hasnt officially signed before Euro 2008 and a bigger club come in

I'm pretty sure if we are moving now we'll either have him before the euros or not at all. He'll want it sorted before the euro's so he can focus.

Give me optimism over pessimism every time. I haven't got my hopes up over this, but will obviously be very intrigued if it comes off. I've seen Modric play about 3 times, though, so the only thing that will excite me is his reputation, the price and the fact that we're looking at his apparent calibre of player this summer.

Wonder where he would play should he sign. Where Barton does now?

That's where I think he'll play, I can't see him moving Owen unless he goes to him and says he doesn't want to play there but judging from comments from him he seems happy with his new role in the team.

One thing Modric will give our midfield is better ball retention compared to the other lot, when Keegan spoke about Owen playing deeper he mentioned how he hardly gave the ball away so I think it's something he's looking for in his midfield, I can see Keegan going for another midfielder even if he does get Modric to play on the other side and if it's a player of similar quality then the quality of our football can only improve.

Fair play to the club if they pull it off.

Aye would be very interesting to see how much more KK wants to improve the midfield. I'd be tempted to look for a DM to replace Butt, however there's a big chance he will revert Barton to DM (after his comment) and sign another AM.

I get the feeling he would rather sign more attacking players than defensive ones............ which won't upset me.

KK already said he is looking for a new DM

If he has already agreed to sign you would hope that he sticks to his word and doesnt pull out if he hasnt officially signed before Euro 2008 and a bigger club come in

If he has agreed to sign then I'd have thought he'd have signed a pre contract as would both clubs.

Guest icemanblue

Finally.

http://www.backoftheshirt.com/images/madeshirts/400/20133.jpeg

That's just tempting fate, pal! If it goes wrong, you're for it like!

We should find out more tomorrow during KK pre match press conference

From what i hear KK normally keeps his transfer low key until it's confirmed.

Would be nice to see how he reacts to the question.

Give me optimism over pessimism every time. I haven't got my hopes up over this, but will obviously be very intrigued if it comes off. I've seen Modric play about 3 times, though, so the only thing that will excite me is his reputation, the price and the fact that we're looking at his apparent calibre of player this summer.

Wonder where he would play should he sign. Where Barton does now?

That's where I think he'll play, I can't see him moving Owen unless he goes to him and says he doesn't want to play there but judging from comments from him he seems happy with his new role in the team.

One thing Modric will give our midfield is better ball retention compared to the other lot, when Keegan spoke about Owen playing deeper he mentioned how he hardly gave the ball away so I think it's something he's looking for in his midfield, I can see Keegan going for another midfielder even if he does get Modric to play on the other side and if it's a player of similar quality then the quality of our football can only improve.

Fair play to the club if they pull it off.

Aye would be very interesting to see how much more KK wants to improve the midfield. I'd be tempted to look for a DM to replace Butt, however there's a big chance he will revert Barton to DM (after his comment) and sign another AM.

I get the feeling he would rather sign more attacking players than defensive ones............ which won't upset me.

KK already said he is looking for a new DM

When?

What's the name of that French magazine that always gets it right?

L'Equipe i think is the one your on about.

Which has a habit of making things up, including quotes since there is no law in France saying they can't (well that was Roberts excuse)

From SkySports.com

Meanwhile, Newcastle are being strongly linked with a move for Croatia star Luka Modric.

Modric is one of the most sought-after players in Europe with the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham and Barcelona all credited with an interest in the Dinamo Zagreb schemer.

However, reports suggest Newcastle have stolen a march on their rivals by inviting Modric to Tyneside for talks and a visit to the club's training ground.

Modric is believed to have met with football executive director Dennis Wise and head of player recruitment Tony Jimenez with Newcastle thought to be ready to pay £20million.

nothng new but people have been waiting for it to get there

Stereotypical positive signs;

When a player visits the city CHECK

When a player visits the training ground CHECK

When the country of origin is reporting it alot CHECK

When a player has been advised by ex players to join us CHECK

When it's been reported that we have agreed a fee and the clubs stayed quiet about it CHECK

What we need now is the one of the parties to make a comment.

Stereotypical positive signs;

When a player visits the city CHECK

When a player visits the training ground CHECK

When the country of origin is reporting it alot CHECK

When a player has been advised by ex players to join us CHECK

When it's been reported that we have agreed a fee and the clubs stayed quiet about it CHECK

What we need now is the one of the parties to make a comment.

When you clutch at straws CHECK