Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sorry to be a pain in the arse but is there anything worth reading/developments since page 14? I assume the fact the thread has doubled means something has happened?

The croatian lad posted an article that claimed negotiation's had broken off.

Still can't see it happening. I'm too pessimistic but I've become so used to disappointments I sort of expect them now, starting with this.

Bah fuck off man, you're still worried about us going down. :lol:

About three weeks ago I didn't want to rule it out till it was for certain, yes.

/bites

He ran the show when Croatia beat England at Wembley.

Give us more details =) Have not seen much of him at all, but i've heard alot of good things about him, If you would compare him to some other players who does he remind you of?

Just a very good passer of the ball,has loads of time and rarely gave it away when i saw him-had Gerrard,Barry and the rest chasing shadows-has a touch of impishness there too not unlike Pedro.

Guest mrainey

Sorry to be a pain in the arse but is there anything worth reading/developments since page 14? I assume the fact the thread has doubled means something has happened?

Nothing special really, though it was revealed that Modric himself was in Newcastle on tuesday along with the Mamic brothers.

I've translated an article which said Mamic had broken off the deal due to a low offer Newcastle had made. However, a lot of other sites say

that it's the wages that they couldn't agree upon. A lot of quotes here point to "Evening Chronicle", dunno much about that source though.

We will probably find out tomorrow from KK would expect him to be asked at his press conference

dont be suprised if he says it is all rumours

Thanks for the insight.

Stereotypical positive signs;

When a player visits the city CHECK

When a player visits the training ground CHECK

When the country of origin is reporting it alot CHECK

When a player has been advised by ex players to join us CHECK

When it's been reported that we have agreed a fee and the clubs stayed quiet about it CHECK

What we need now is the one of the parties to make a comment.

When you clutch at straws CHECK

When he plays for his national side,he plays in Red and White. CHECK!

shall i message him on facebook to make sure he comes....if so what shall i write?

Just put this on your profile picture and you're in http://sport.hrt.hr/htvsport/slike/nogomet/igrac/maric.jpg

Would Barcelona, Chelsea, Arsenal and Juventus be after a player who could be as much as a flop as Maric was?

??  He didn't compare him to Maric, or say he would be a flop..

Guest icemanblue

Stereotypical positive signs;

When a player visits the city CHECK

When a player visits the training ground CHECK

When the country of origin is reporting it alot CHECK

When a player has been advised by ex players to join us CHECK

When it's been reported that we have agreed a fee and the clubs stayed quiet about it CHECK

What we need now is the one of the parties to make a comment.

When you clutch at straws CHECK

When he plays for his national side,he plays in Red and White. CHECK!

:clap:

Tribalfootball.  :-X

Newcastle have fired the first shot in the battle to land Croatia star Luka Modric after he visited the club's training ground.

It is understood the 22-year-old midfielder, accompanied by Dinamo Zagreb vice-chairman Zdravko Mamic, was on Tyneside on Tuesday to discuss a prospective move to St James' Park.

Modric visited the club's Darsley Park training headquarters after holding talks with executive director (football) Dennis Wise and vice-president (player recruitment) Tony Jimenez at the stadium.

Reports from Croatia have suggested the left-sided player is on the verge of completing a £20million move to Newcastle, although Dinamo value him at some £5million in excess of that.

Either fee would smash the club record £17million they paid for England striker Michael Owen almost three years ago, and it remains to be seen to what extent owner Mike Ashley is prepared to fund manager Kevin Keegan's rebuilding programme.

The club's negotiators would hope for some movement on the asking price, although the player's wage demands too are likely to be significant.

Guest mrainey

shall i message him on facebook to make sure he comes....if so what shall i write?

Just put this on your profile picture and you're in http://sport.hrt.hr/htvsport/slike/nogomet/igrac/maric.jpg

Would Barcelona, Chelsea, Arsenal and Juventus be after a player who could be as much as a flop as Maric was?

??  He didn't compare him to Maric, or say he would be a flop..

Nah, I wouldn't put these in the same dimension if anything. Cheers mate.

Just got back home after football practice, and i could see how many new pages since i read in this thread earlier today, i have to say that there wasn't much interesting to read haha

You could put that post in nearly every thread.

Should be in the board header... "Newcastle Online - i have to say that there isn't  much interesting to read"

Guest mrainey

Not seen too much of him, but is he really worth £20m?

I've been watching him for the last 3,4 years and it's a yes.

Though I'm as biased as his own mom probably ;)

Just got back home after football practice, and i could see how many new pages since i read in this thread earlier today, i have to say that there wasn't much interesting to read haha

You could put that post in nearly every thread.

Should be in the board header... "Newcastle Online - i have to say that there isn't  much interesting to read"

Oooh get you! :razz:

Can you ask his mum about the transfer? I assume you know her?

Guest mrainey

Can you ask his mum about the transfer? I assume you know her?

The old bat just keeps mumbling about Liverpool and that handsome tall one. It's no use.