Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fucking hell, last time i looked on this thread there was about 12 pages  :undecided:

Saying as there is so many pages, can someone tell me what the latest is on him ?

Seems to be something if theres 30 pages  :lol:

f****** hell, last time i looked on this thread there was about 12 pages  :undecided:

Saying as there is so many pages, can someone tell me what the latest is on him ?

Him and his agent travelled here for talks but the fee his club want is too high or something like that.

f****** hell, last time i looked on this thread there was about 12 pages  :undecided:

Page 29.

probably posted ages ago in this hread but slaven bilic says:

"I would be very happy if Luka finds a new club before Euro 2008. I would want this for all of my players who are looking for new clubs and are at the end of their contracts.

"As for Luka, Newcastle United are no doubt a big club - just behind the top five: "Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and Everton.

"NUFC are in the range of Chelsea, Leeds United* and Aston Villa but can invest a lot more money in new signings than let's say Tottenham.

"Also it's more likely that Newcastle will be English champions than Tottenham. Luka wouldn't be making a mistake if he signs for The Magpies."

"I would be very happy if Luka finds a new club before Euro 2008. I would want this for all of my players who are looking for new clubs and are at the end of their contracts.

"As for Luka, Newcastle United are no doubt a big club - just behind the top five: "Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and Everton.

"NUFC are in the range of Chelsea, Leeds United* and Aston Villa but can invest a lot more money in new signings than let's say Tottenham.

"Also it's more likely that Newcastle will be English champions than Tottenham. Luka wouldn't be making a mistake if he signs for The Magpies."

might have been today but  it seems like 15 pages or so ago

in the range of Chelsea? fucking idiot

in the range of Chelsea? fucking idiot

Still, nice, encouraging comments about us

in the range of Chelsea? f****** idiot

and leeds? mad bastard.

glad to see he realises we have mor epotential than spuds though!

Guest Knightrider

Only the other week he was saying how much he'd like to play for Liverpool...

My reading of it all is that he's being touted around the Premier League and we've thus far shown more of an interest than anyone else but the meeting (if it actually occurred which I have my doubts) being leaked will no doubt spark others to show an interest, which is what the player and Zagreb's owners would prefer and therefore I can't see him coming to us. Not that I care because to be frank, I can't recall seeing the lad play and I'd be dubious of splashing out all that money on an unknown quantity from the Croatian league tbh. He does look fantastically gifted though.

Only the other week he was saying how much he'd like to play for Liverpool...

My reading of it all is that he's being touted around the Premier League and we've thus far shown more of an interest than anyone else but the meeting (if it actually occurred which I have my doubts) being leaked will no doubt spark others to show an interest, which is what the player and Zagreb's owners would prefer and therefore I can't see him coming to us. Not that I care because to be frank, I can't recall seeing the lad play and I'd be dubious of splashing out all that money on an unknown quantity from the Croatian league tbh. He does look fantastically gifted though.

why would dinamo be that bothered about getting others involved....if liverpool offer £10 mill and he wants to go there then they have the choice to accept or not.

Guest Knightrider

I get the feeling they want to sell him now or before the Euros before he gets found out (or their bargaining power decreases due to a shit tournament/early exit for Croatia meaning less games to shine) and them attracting interest from lesser clubs like us who are eager to do business now, will trigger those that aren't, your Liverpool's etc. into action now who have also shown an interest. From what I understand the selling club want the money so would happily sell to whoever is offering it but have a duty to get the right club for the player as that is a condition of the deal he has going with his 'owners', the people who own Zagreb and the player basically. Just something fishy about the whole thing. I think we're being played and have no chance of signing this player, I also think people are going a bit daft in here based on this all, especially those who haven't even seen him play or seen much of him but appear to be getting all giddy :lol:

I get the feeling they want to sell him now or before the Euros before he gets found out (or their bargaining power decreases due to a s*** tournament/early exit for Croatia meaning less games to shine) and them attracting interest from lesser clubs like us who are eager to do business now, will trigger those that aren't, your Liverpool's etc. into action now who have also shown an interest. From what I understand the selling club want the money so would happily sell to whoever is offering it but have a duty to get the right club for the player as that is a condition of the deal he has going with his 'owners', the people who own Zagreb and the player basically. Just something fishy about the whole thing. I think we're being played and have no chance of signing this player, I also think people are going a bit daft in here based on this all, especially those who haven't even seen him play or seen much of him but appear to be getting all giddy :lol:

more likely the player is in control and wants it sorted before euro 2008 plus "all" those other suitors would have been in touch with him by now. we may well be the first to go official and we may flush out others but what the hell....denilson went to betis,palermo to villareal(?) in similar circumstances.

Guardina today:

Luka Modric appears to be close to signing for Newcastle United after the Croatia and Dinamo Zagreb playmaker visited both St James' Park and the club's training ground earlier this week. Reports in Zagreb claim that Modric will cost Newcastle at least £20m - although Tyneside sources insist the fee is likely to be significantly smaller - and it is hoped that the 22-year-old can supply Kevin Keegan's side with the midfield creativity they have so craved in recent months.

It seems that Dennis Wise, Newcastle's executive director (football), has been the prime mover in a deal which looks poised to become the first to be completed since the former Leeds manager's arrival in late January as head of a new European style scouting system.

Indeed Wise and Tony Jimenez, Newcastle's recruitment supremo, were heavily involved in arranging not only Modric's visit but a meeting that Zdravko Mamic, Dinamo's vice-president, held with club representatives in the city's Malmaison hotel this week. The agent Peter Harrison was also present.

With Modric, who is expected to play a key role for Slaven Bilic's Croatia side during Euro 2008, generally deployed in a left-sided role, it appears likely that the unsettled Charles N'Zogbia will now be allowed to leave Newcastle.

Even so Modric's move is far from complete and, while there could be some intense haggling over personal terms of a player expected to command a salary in the £60,000-£80,000 a week bracket, the transfer may also be vulnerable to a late hijacking by one of the midfielder's many admirers across England and Europe.

Modric has previously been linked with moves to Barcelona, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and Manchester City. Wise, though, is believed to be confident of pulling off what would be regarded as a major transfer-market coup.