Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3472458,00.html

Bilic backs Modric for Toon

Croatia boss believes Magpies move would suit midfielder

Drogba to score first - 11/2 or Ronaldo to score first - 5/1

Total match goals - 0 8/1, 1 3/1, 2 11/4 or 3 7/2.

Click here for all Premier League Markets.

Luka Modric

Croatia manager Slaven Bilic has backed Newcastle United in their reported interest in Dinamo Zagreb star Luka Modric.

Modric is rumoured to be attracting the interest of a number of top European clubs, however reports claim Newcastle are leading the race to secure his services this summer.

Bilic has tipped The Magpies to land the sought-after schemer, insisting the St James' Park club would suit the Croatia international.

Big club

"Newcastle are a big club and I believe a move there would suit Luka," Bilic said in the Daily Star.

"They are the next club underneath the 'big four', on a level with Tottenham but they are stronger financially than them.

"And I think they can do bigger things because of this."

Chelksi were linked whit him too but players like him get linked with everyone..

Been on the  :toke: ?

Kna to eagerly even for me :D

Arsenal linked with him to ya know.. :lol:

'Newcastle to beat Chelsea and Arsenal to £12m star'

Sunderland Echo, UK - 21 hours ago

Newcastle United are close to signing highly-rated Croatia midfielder Luka Modric, according to reports. Various newspapers reckon Kevin Keegan is about to ...

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/Newcastle-to-beat-Chelsea-and.4015097.jp

Chelksi were linked whit him too but players like him get linked with everyone..

Been on the  :toke: ?

Kna to eagerly even for me :D

Arsenal linked with him to ya know.. :lol:

'Newcastle to beat Chelsea and Arsenal to £12m star'

Sunderland Echo, UK - 21 hours ago

Newcastle United are close to signing highly-rated Croatia midfielder Luka Modric, according to reports. Various newspapers reckon Kevin Keegan is about to ...

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/Newcastle-to-beat-Chelsea-and.4015097.jp

nice to see the mackem times are doing their own research, not following others, by suggesting we'll pay £8m less than all the other rags seem to think.

Guest icemanblue

Supposed to be in talks with Dinamo again today to try and negotiate price

fingers crossed

Indeed we are, as i mentioned earlier.

All the papers seem to reckon we are closing in lets hurry up and close

Could just be all this talk of us being on the verge of a deal just unsettles him and forces the hand of clubs in the top four who were keeping an eye on him.  The longer the story on the more chance there is of someone else snapping him up I reckon.

I found this on the bbc forum

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A35117174

for anyone wondering thats a croation guy basically saying that the deal wasnt scrapped it was just postponed until today, as iceman blue said yesterday

I like the Croatians, they know their stereotypes of the British people!

comment by Stätïc Mövër (U2204721)

posted 11 Hours Ago

Coming from Croatia, he will have seen enough violence over the past few years. So that puts Liverpool out of the equation,

It feels like a classic case of Modric's side/club leaking some stories to eek out any other interested bidders and creating some competitive tension to improve our offer/s.

This is definitely possible - I won't believe it until he is announced at a Press Conference with KK at SJP.....