South Korean striker to Toon - DEAL OFF

oldtype

These rumors started earlier this week and I wrote them off as tabloid talk, but the player's agent is now claiming a "done deal," so I suppose I might as well post it just in case.

South Korean international striker Cho Jae-Jin is apparently set to sign for us pending a medical. Korean sources report that the parties have already reached an agreement and the player has traveled to England for a medical. According to his agent, the deal is done and he will be confirmed as a toon player in a matter of days.

The player is coming on a free form Japanese club Simizu S-Pulse, and is reported to be getting an 18 month contract with around 10,000pw in wages. He's allegedly rejected offers from several other premiership clubs, including Fulham and West Ham.

---------

Let it be said, if these rumors are true I'm jumping right on to the "sack sam" bandwagon. >:(

Is everyone familiar with soon-to-be-former Boro striker Lee Dong-Gook, who's scored a scinitillating 0 goals in 18 league appearances? This is the guy who gets constantly kept out of the South Korea first team by him.

Strong, good in the air, good work rate, just can't score. There is absolutely nothing good about him other than the fact that he's on a free.

For fucks sake, he won't even sell any shirts. Even the South Koreans hate him.

Buying these asian players to the EPL, its all about marketing. So if this players is any good and will maybe get his chances, the Newcastle fanbase in south-korea will grow massively and so will the shirt sales.

Its all about the money and i dont think its funny.

Buying these asian players to the EPL, its all about marketing. So if this players is any good and will maybe get his chances, the Newcastle fanbase in south-korea will grow massively and so will the shirt sales.

but he wont sell shirts as oldtype said they think he is shite :laugh:

but he wont sell shirts as oldtype said they think he is s**** :laugh:

Think of it as the equivalent of buying Emile Heskey to improve your popularity in England.

Its all about the Won

Its all about the Won

:)

How long until the Allardyce fanboys ("he's dead successful, 4th place here we come!") decide that buying a s**** player from the far east wasn't his idea?

Mort: Sam, we need some $$$$, find me an Asian player.

Big Sam: Hmm... Where can I find a big, strong, Asian grafter with absolutely no skill whatsoever... Aha!

sadly not far from the truth I think.

Pissing myself here, lad hasn't even signed on the dotted line yet and he's shite already. :D

But once he DOES sign, many of the absolute fucktards who "support" us will deify him, and he'll be the best thing since blow jobs, even though he is probably AT BEST average (Dire, Duff, Viduka, Smith, Geremi, Faye, etc)