South Korean striker to Toon - DEAL OFF

oldtype

:lol:

Stop taking things on here so personally. It's just a forum.

im not too fussed by it, its just rather worthless having an opinion on anything on here.

Who said that? If people thought your opinions were worthless they wouldn't bother debating them.

I'd just like to say that IIRC I've never bothered debating any of Libertine's opinions.

every opinion ive offered has been debated/argued against. i cant remember anyone ever agreeing with me. still, i dont go for kneejerking, so why would they.

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/2463/1733whaambulanceco5.jpg

Did someone call?

Cho may be the best remaining bet to remove South Korean footballers from the endangered species list in English football, considered clearly a better talent than either Seol or Lee.

The athletic, 1.85-meter striker is regarded for his ability to win balls in air and keep possession in traffic and also moves well without the ball, making him a constant threat in the frontline and a terror for defenders in set pieces.

Although Cho's ability to stretch the defense could be an asset for any team, he is often criticized for playing robotically and never quite earned a reputation for having a nose for the net.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/sports/2007/12/136_16068.html

Cho may be the best remaining bet to remove South Korean footballers from the endangered species list in English football, considered clearly a better talent than either Seol or Lee.

The athletic, 1.85-meter striker is regarded for his ability to win balls in air and keep possession in traffic and also moves well without the ball, making him a constant threat in the frontline and a terror for defenders in set pieces.

Although Cho's ability to stretch the defense could be an asset for any team, he is often criticized for playing robotically and never quite earned a reputation for having a nose for the net.

He sounds like a target man who many fans don't rate because he's not a goalscorer. I'll reserve judgement till I see him.

Our very own Peter Crouch?

"The athletic, 1.85-meter striker is regarded for his ability to win balls in air and keep possession in traffic and also moves well without the ball, making him a constant threat in the frontline and a terror for defenders in set pieces."

:rolleyes:

"The athletic, 1.85-meter striker is regarded for his ability to win balls in air and keep possession in traffic and also moves well without the ball, making him a constant threat in the frontline and a terror for defenders in set pieces."

I thought the same as you on first glance but I then  noticed Keefaz had bolded "playing robotically"

I'm all for new players of all skills and abilities but for the love of god we need some one who can pass a ball and keep the midfield ticking over.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Is there any links for this story, quickly checked wikipedia and all it says is that he has signed an 18 month contract with Newcastle United :s a quick look on Newsnow has showed nothing and google news search for his name has brought up nothing. Or is this just a huge windup which i've been caughty for?

The player is coming on a free formJapanese club Simizu S-Pulse, and is reported to be getting an 18 month contract with around 10,000pw in wages. He's allegedly rejected offers from several other premiership clubs, including Fulham and West Ham.

He'll fit in well, then. We don't really have any kind of system or play anyone in their recognised positions.

I thought the same as you on first glance but I then  noticed Keefaz had bolded "playing robotically"

oh, the joke

nice :angel:

Is there any links for this story, quickly checked wikipedia and all it says is that he has signed an 18 month contract with Newcastle United :s a quick look on Newsnow has showed nothing and google news search for his name has brought up nothing. Or is this just a huge windup which i've been caughty for?

I think Scy did the editing on Wikipedia.

FWIW LYP was saying that another Korean will be joining the premiership in January.  He didn't say who it was nor where he was going to either.

I just checked him out on YouTube, and I saw some good one-touch finishing with both feet. Whether he'll be strong enough for the Premiership - different matter of course.

Aye just watched a vid. Scored a belter of a long-ranger.

I'm really, really not going to judge him by Youtube. I'm not falling for that one. :lol:

I know nothing about him. However, it is encouraging to see our scouting network broadening it's horizons. Will he be the first player we've ever had from the Far East, providing he signs?

He sounds like a target man who many fans don't rate because he's not a goalscorer. I'll reserve judgement till I see him.

Why do you need to see him when the masses have already decided he's shit?

Where's the top man in the South Korean regiment of the Toon army when you need him to provide some insight?

A Korean started this thread. Another Korean has added his comments.  (hint: they both say "s***")

To be fair both of them are clueless and know jack all about football. Cho is one of the best Korean players. Probably the best after Park Ji Sung and possibly Tottenham's Lee Young Pyo. He's good in the air, a good targetman, and despite what people think he DOES score goals, the reason he can't score for Korea is the same reason why our strikers can't score, the whole team is s*** and he gets no supply. Supply is so limited, he only gets around 1 good opportunity per match, if he misses that single opportunity, the whole nation blasts him as wasteful infront of goal.

I'd rather start Smith infront of him (though I do think Cho would score more goals than Smith), but I say he can be more of a threat than Ameobi because of his ability to link up with teammates. If we get him I'd put him as our 5th choice striker. Viduka-Martins, Owen, Smith, Cho.

By the way, he WILL sell shirts in Korea, it doesn't matter if people hate him now, as soon as he joins a premier-league club he'll be instantly transformed from national scapegoat to national hero. Such is the nature of Korean football at the moment.

Where's the top man in the South Korean regiment of the Toon army when you need him to provide some insight?

A Korean started this thread. Another Korean has added his comments.  (hint: they both say "s***")

To be fair both of them are clueless and know jack all about football. Cho is one of the best Korean players. Probably the best after Park Ji Sung and possibly Tottenham's Lee Young Pyo. He's good in the air, a good targetman, and despite what people think he DOES score goals, the reason he can't score for Korea is the same reason why our strikers can't score, the whole team is s*** and he gets no supply. Supply is so limited, he only gets around 1 good opportunity per match, if he misses that single opportunity, the whole nation blasts him as wasteful infront of goal. I'd rather start Smith infront of him (though I do think Cho would score more goals than Smith), but I say he can be more of a threat than Ameobi because of his ability to link up with teammates. If we get him I'd put him as our 5th choice striker. Viduka-Martins, Owen, Smith, Cho.

Encouraging. :lol:

Sounds like the S.Korean version of Smith

so shouldnt we change the banner to " South Korean Defensive Midfielder to Toon"

Exactly!  The way we have played many of our games with one lone striker, is he really going to get in front of Viduka, Oba, Smith, Owen, Ameobi?