South Korean striker to Toon - DEAL OFF

oldtype

Where's the top man in the South Korean regiment of the Toon army when you need him to provide some insight?

A Korean started this thread. Another Korean has added his comments.  (hint: they both say "s***")

To be fair both of them are clueless and know jack all about football. Cho is one of the best Korean players. Probably the best after Park Ji Sung and possibly Tottenham's Lee Young Pyo. He's good in the air, a good targetman, and despite what people think he DOES score goals, the reason he can't score for Korea is the same reason why our strikers can't score, the whole team is s*** and he gets no supply. Supply is so limited, he only gets around 1 good opportunity per match, if he misses that single opportunity, the whole nation blasts him as wasteful infront of goal. I'd rather start Smith infront of him (though I do think Cho would score more goals than Smith), but I say he can be more of a threat than Ameobi because of his ability to link up with teammates. If we get him I'd put him as our 5th choice striker. Viduka-Martins, Owen, Smith, Cho.

Encouraging. :lol:

Yes but we're hardly trying to sign a 1st choice striker are we? Surely Big Sam is looking for a top midfielder and a backup striker when Martins goes to ACN and Owen gets injured? Quite a sly bit of selective bolding there, but give him supply and he will score goals, he can't score because he gets no supply. Though that is a massive problem with us at the moment. I don't see much truth to this rumour anyway, we really should be concentrating on a creative central midfielder and a right winger to challenge Milner for a 1st team spot.

On a free for £10,000 a week over 18 months (then take into account increased income from Asia?) and we don't really have anything to lose. We have certainly wasted a hell of a lot more money in the past.

To be fair if it means spending more money on getting in a couple of creative/pacey players for the midfield, signing this fella to cover Martins absence is fine.

We should be covered up front and we dont need a big money striker who will demand to play every week.

On a free for £10,000 a week over 18 months (then take into account increased income from Asia?)

These other clubs that have cashed in are geared up for foreign people looking on there website & then buying or subscribing for stuff. Our website is going to update the Acadmeny profiles for 2007/08 season at some point.

He might be quite good, Park ji Sung is south Korean and he's a pretty decent footballer.

to be fair, the other Korean players have done fairly well in the EPL. Seol did very well at Reading, Park Ji Sung when he`s played has held his own and Lee is back n the 1st team under Juande Ramos at Spurs. Only Boro`s Korean player has been rubbish so far(well all their attackers have been crap too)

ffs, if he signs give the lad a chance. 18 month contract and on low wages......make a few bob in Asia, I don`t think there`s too much to lose

Guest Ridzuan

I dont know much about him but I know South Korea is one of the top team in this region and they have some good players,whether they are capable of playing in the Premiership that is a different story.I find its good that we are finally investing in the Asian market because I think there are a lot of many good players here but because of the lack of exposure they get,nobody knows too much about them.I just hope he will prove that he is worth coming here if this news is to be believe.

I dont know much about him but I know South Korea is one of the top team in this region and they have some good players,whether they are capable of playing in the Premiership that is a different story.I find its good that we are finally investing in the Asian market because I think there are a lot of many good players here but because of the lack of exposure they get,nobody knows too much about them.I just hope he will prove that he is worth coming here if this news is to be believe.

where you ridz are when Asian nations cup recently? so u don't know cho jae jin? he's that guy with mustache and beard ... and he always at front.... and he's much bigger than the other Koreans... ahhh yes he likes to use his elbow so much when he is charging...

Guest Ridzuan

where you ridz are when Asian nations cup recently? so u don't know cho jae jin? he's that guy with mustache and beard ... and he always at front.... and he's much bigger than the other Koreans... ahhh yes he likes to use his elbow so much when he is charging...

I didnt follow much of S.Korea progress because I was watching how Viduka and company was doing.But I think I can remember watching him playing once against Indonesia.Apart from that,I dont really know about the guy.

Where's the top man in the South Korean regiment of the Toon army when you need him to provide some insight?

A Korean started this thread. Another Korean has added his comments.  (hint: they both say "s***")

To be fair both of them are clueless and know jack all about football. Cho is one of the best Korean players. Probably the best after Park Ji Sung and possibly Tottenham's Lee Young Pyo. He's good in the air, a good targetman, and despite what people think he DOES score goals, the reason he can't score for Korea is the same reason why our strikers can't score, the whole team is s*** and he gets no supply. Supply is so limited, he only gets around 1 good opportunity per match, if he misses that single opportunity, the whole nation blasts him as wasteful infront of goal. I'd rather start Smith infront of him (though I do think Cho would score more goals than Smith), but I say he can be more of a threat than Ameobi because of his ability to link up with teammates. If we get him I'd put him as our 5th choice striker. Viduka-Martins, Owen, Smith, Cho.

Encouraging. :lol:

Yes but we're hardly trying to sign a 1st choice striker are we? Surely Big Sam is looking for a top midfielder and a backup striker when Martins goes to ACN and Owen gets injured? Quite a sly bit of selective bolding there, but give him supply and he will score goals, he can't score because he gets no supply. Though that is a massive problem with us at the moment. I don't see much truth to this rumour anyway, we really should be concentrating on a creative central midfielder and a right winger to challenge Milner for a 1st team spot.

"f*** the other South Koreans! He's not bad! He's just worse than everybody we have except Ameobi."

Wonderful ringing endorsement.

For the record, I know enough about football, I know he's s***, and a lot of South Korean Toon fans rate Ameobi ahead of him. He hasn't got a patch on Park or Lee, even ignoring the fact that it's sort of impossible to compare a winger and a fullback to a striker.

I would be pleasantly surprised if he has a better experience with us than Luque did.

I don't think Asian players are that bad, especially when you do not have the chance to watch them play. It's kinda like stereo-typing. hehehehe

Besides, Newcastle's players ain't that fantastic either (at least for now, until they start cooperating, getting used to the system and start playing decent football)... there's no World Cup stars, England didn't manage to qualify either...

If you weigh the balance, it's not too bad to give him a try I feel. I can't see us losing out.

Regards,

Ericz

Very sad this only add to my misery how clever to sign a player from J league to turn our season over.

Arsenal signed a nobody manager from the J-league to turn their season (and future seasons) around

He wasn't really a nobody after seven years at Monaco though was he?

Just not a very well known manager at the time.

he's definitely s****. never heard of him or seen him play but he's s****.

What are you on about?

Trying to be funny, again.

coming from mr personality, that hurt. did you see that referee not giving the advantage in the stevenage/cheltenham match? fucking hell!! whats his game!!

:lol:

Very sad this only add to my misery how clever to sign a player from J league to turn our season over.

Arsenal signed a nobody manager from the J-league to turn their season (and future seasons) around

He wasn't really a nobody after seven years at Monaco though was he?

Just not a very well known manager at the time.

I know mate, just a bit bored at everyone slating the fella before he`s signed and have never seen him play.

As for Wenger, I `m pretty sure the majority of people outside of the EPL didn`t know who the hell Wenger was when he went to Arsenal, and didn`t expect him to cut it in this league (even Tony Adams said he wouldn`t play under a Frenchman initially), coming from the Japanese league.

Anyways, I`m sure if he signs, Allardyce will play him out of position

he's definitely s****. never heard of him or seen him play but he's s****.

What are you on about?

Trying to be funny, again.

coming from mr personality, that hurt. did you see that referee not giving the advantage in the stevenage/cheltenham match? fucking hell!! whats his game!!

:lol:

mackems.gif

Can't believe I didn't notice this!