Joey Barton is a very naughty boy. Discuss.

Fugazi

does someone fancy explaining to me why sam allardyce may be fired because of joey barton assaulting someone????!!

i just hope bartons back for the west ham game. should be an interesting fight between him, bowyer and dyer, maybe bellamy if he brings his nine iron.

does someone fancy explaining to me why sam allardyce may be fired because of joey barton assaulting someone????!!

Allardyce signed him knowing his record, he thought he could put an end to all this but he hasn't.

Allardyce wanted Elano tbf.

I don't recall him making any moves for him prior to City jumping in.

The story was the board were slow to release the funds due to the takeover and financial assessment. I seem to remember hearing that anyway.

Allardyce signed him knowing his record, he thought he could put an end to all this but he hasn't.

But he has never had a player like him Diouf and Anelka are not thugs off the pitch

Guest taff2727

just because we sign a c*** it doesnt mean allardyce should be fired. why not go one further and bang up allardyce for joeys crime. send carr as well

just a thought,has the bung episode been sorted?

you might get your wish lol.

Guest toonlass

But he has never had a player like him Diouf and Anelka are not thugs off the pitch

Didn't Diouf get into bother for beating his wife up?

Didn't Diouf get into bother for beating his wife up?

Allegedly. ;)

i just hope bartons back for the west ham game. should be an interesting fight between him, bowyer and dyer, maybe bellamy if he brings his nine iron.

The point is; Allardyce bought Barton knowing full well about his past "incidents", including the court case pending for the attack on Dabo.

This case alone, could, if handled by an unsympathetic judge, result in a five year stretch in chokey for Mister Barton.

£6.5 million for a known troublemaker who could be banged up within six months?? Ask any Citeh fan what they thought about this bit of business and they'll laugh at you (remember he was widely touted as City's best player last season).

The fat fool should be sacked for that, nevermind the teams shite performances this season. 

I seriously doubt he will actually, if his story that his attack was provoked is true he probably won't get any form of a sentence, just a fine.

Being remanded isn't a good sign, I can see him going down this time.  I just hope for his sake that the Magistrates Court handle it and not pass it to Crown Court.

Has barton played his last game for the toon ,i think he has and good riddance a horrible little excuse for a human being

I seriously doubt he will actually, if his story that his attack was provoked is true he probably won't get any form of a sentence, just a fine

he has disgraced the club by being out at that time of the day.

regardless of the outcome of these charges,

he is a scroat and we should never have signed him.

Has barton played his last game for the toon ,i think he has and good riddance a horrible little excuse for a human being

I seriously doubt he will actually, if his story that his attack was provoked is true he probably won't get any form of a sentence, just a fine.

not a expert on criminal law but what has gone before and the fact that he decked someone and it was caught on cctv then started lashing out at passer byes is enough for me ,then the little case of assault coming up with a damn good chance of a jail sentance is enough for me to say he will not play for the toon again .Will our new owners and manager just say  "hey joey calm down son and let your football do the talking " i think not  hes gone to far this time imho.

I seriously doubt he will actually, if his story that his attack was provoked is true he probably won't get any form of a sentence, just a fine

he has disgraced the club by being out at that time of the day.

regardless of the outcome of these charges,

he is a scroat and we should never have signed him.

not a expert on criminal law but what has gone before and the fact that he decked someone and it was caught on cctv then started lashing out at passer byes is enough for me ,then the little case of assault coming up with a damn good chance of a jail sentance is enough for me to say he will not play for the toon again .Will our new owners and manager just say  "hey joey calm down son and let your football do the talking " i think not  hes gone to far this time imho.

Yes but the fact that he was apparently 'provoked' into the attack is a huge mitigating factor, if somebody could testify that yes the man Joey hit assaulted a girl at Barton's party and made jibes about his brother (one in prison) then Barton could be let off very easily indeed.

I agree with the being out that late part for sure and a club suspension is definitely necessary and a sacking could be used, but i don't think Sam has the guts to sack a player he bought.

Are you on glue!!  :cheesy:  :idiot2:

His latest escapade was no doubt provoked, but he is already on bail awaiting the Dabo case (that alone could result in a sentence) which was adjourned a couple of weeks ago.

No judge or magistrate is going to go easy on him now that he has broken those bail conditions.

He going down