Joey Barton is a very naughty boy. Discuss.

Fugazi

Guest taff2727

Has barton played his last game for the toon ,i think he has and good riddance a horrible little excuse for a human being

I seriously doubt he will actually, if his story that his attack was provoked is true he probably won't get any form of a sentence, just a fine.

Are you on glue!!  :cheesy:  :idiot2:

His latest escapade was no doubt provoked, but he is already on bail awaiting the Dabo case (that alone could result in a sentence) which was adjourned a couple of weeks ago.

No judge or magistrate is going to go easy on him now that he has broken those bail conditions.

He going down

No i'm not on glue, perhaps i was being too direct when i said that i seriously doubt he will go to prison, for me it could lean either way but provocation can reduce any kind of sentence given. If he did actually go to prison though he would only get a few months. I just don't think a court will send down a footballer for afew months when they know he has plenty of money to pay hefty fines and can do plenty of community service activities, instead of filling prisons even more.

Why treat him differently to any other person just because hes a footballer means jack s*** in my eyes

What has gone on before that he's actually been found guilty of?

NOTHING APART FROM MISSING THE ASHTRAY WITH HIS CIGAR ;D

That didn't go to court so won't even be mentioned.

Anything else? Has he been found guilty of anything in court before?

What's your point though?

My point is people are going on about his previous activities that have been well publicised in the papers but the courts only take into account things he's been found guilty of in court previously.

not in crown court.

the jury has no idea of an accused previous

i think warren barton will be known to a lot of people who have no interest in football who maybe on a jury

he only nicked a car with bobby lee man  :yikes:

cannot believe i did that  ;D

easy done mate lol,

i was pissing O0

Magistrate Carol Myers said there were no conditions to satisfy the requirements of the Bail Act. She said there was a substantial risk of Barton offending again because the new offences took place while on bail.

Newcastle United have declined to comment on the incident as the team prepares for tomorrow’s clash with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

seems to be the answer to our intrigue on the bail issue .

it all kicked off in a mcdonalds

allardyce will be fucking annoyed about that,we specifically spend time monitoring fitness,blood levels etc and bartas goes to a mcydees.

fined for dribbling in training,maybe 3 years for assault and affray, 4years for breaking sams fscientific fitness plan.

Guest sicko2ndbest

it all kicked off in a mcdonalds

allardyce will be f****** annoyed about that,we specifically spend time monitoring fitness,blood levels etc and bartas goes to a mcydees.

fined for dribbling in training,maybe 3 years for assault and affray, 4years for breaking sams fscientific fitness plan.

Big Sam would be more offended if he tried a couple of one-two's, or passed a ball under 30 yards

When Newcastle played a pre-season friendly at Hartlepool, a 15-year-old youth player and Geordie fanatic who had been sweeping the dressing rooms boarded the team bus to get his shirt signed.

Every Newcastle player obliged, until Joey Barton was approached. He smeared it with food.

The incident makes a mockery of Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce's decision to stake his reputation on turning Barton from loud-mouthed, arrogant bad boy into a proven England international.

One of his first acts, shortly after initial introductions to new owner Mike Ashley, was to convince the sports retail billionaire that he could mould Barton into a model pro, that he would be worth any hassle and Manchester City's substantial asking price.

It is that insistence which has put Allardyce under as much pressure as the poor run of results.

Allardyce had earned a reputation at Bolton for bringing the best out of difficult players such as El Hadji Diouf and on the day he handed over £5.8million of Ashley's cash to City, he confidently predicted he could tame the 25-year-old Scouser.

"There is nothing wrong with Joey's football," he said after making Barton his first signing as Newcastle boss in June. "It is the off-the-field scenario that we have to work on and get better.

"Joey is a terrific player and a tremendous asset for Newcastle. He is a big, big character and somebody who likes to say what he thinks, which is getting slightly rare in today's football. The difference is he goes out and proves what he says he can do.

"He does a lot of talking on the field exceptionally well and hopefully he will continue that. His midfield play and goalscoring ability are paramount to our future success.

"His character had to be a consideration, of course. I had to convince the board that myself and Joey would be able to deal with that side of him and not let it come out again.

"We have to make sure Joey does not run into that sort of behaviour ever again because if he does want to be successful — his ambition is to play for his country again and he is more than capable of that — it is never going to happen if he continues to get in those situations off the field."

Today Barton's career is on the brink of ruin and as Allardyce and the Newcastle board check the small print of his contract and make moves to terminate it if he is found guilty of assault and affray, the list of clubs willing even to contemplate employing him is zero.

At clubs like Portsmouth they have long memories and no one at Fratton Park will forget Barton scraping his studs down Pedro Mendes' calf and then giving the thumbs-up sign to the City bench.

"I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole," said one Barclays Premier League manager. Another said: "He is not our type of player and he never was."

As Allardyce prepares for today's visit to Chelsea, he is left contemplating Barton adding to the complication surrounding his own future.

The Newcastle boss is facing a midweek home clash against Manchester City and a tricky FA Cup tie at Stoke City.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=505003&in_page_id=1779

When Newcastle played a pre-season friendly at Hartlepool, a 15-year-old youth player and Geordie fanatic who had been sweeping the dressing rooms boarded the team bus to get his shirt signed.

Every Newcastle player obliged, until Joey Barton was approached. He smeared it with food.

The incident makes a mockery of Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce's decision to stake his reputation on turning Barton from loud-mouthed, arrogant bad boy into a proven England international.

One of his first acts, shortly after initial introductions to new owner Mike Ashley, was to convince the sports retail billionaire that he could mould Barton into a model pro, that he would be worth any hassle and Manchester City's substantial asking price.

It is that insistence which has put Allardyce under as much pressure as the poor run of results.

Allardyce had earned a reputation at Bolton for bringing the best out of difficult players such as El Hadji Diouf and on the day he handed over £5.8million of Ashley's cash to City, he confidently predicted he could tame the 25-year-old Scouser.

"There is nothing wrong with Joey's football," he said after making Barton his first signing as Newcastle boss in June. "It is the off-the-field scenario that we have to work on and get better.

"Joey is a terrific player and a tremendous asset for Newcastle. He is a big, big character and somebody who likes to say what he thinks, which is getting slightly rare in today's football. The difference is he goes out and proves what he says he can do.

"He does a lot of talking on the field exceptionally well and hopefully he will continue that. His midfield play and goalscoring ability are paramount to our future success.

"His character had to be a consideration, of course. I had to convince the board that myself and Joey would be able to deal with that side of him and not let it come out again.

"We have to make sure Joey does not run into that sort of behaviour ever again because if he does want to be successful — his ambition is to play for his country again and he is more than capable of that — it is never going to happen if he continues to get in those situations off the field."

Today Barton's career is on the brink of ruin and as Allardyce and the Newcastle board check the small print of his contract and make moves to terminate it if he is found guilty of assault and affray, the list of clubs willing even to contemplate employing him is zero.

At clubs like Portsmouth they have long memories and no one at Fratton Park will forget Barton scraping his studs down Pedro Mendes' calf and then giving the thumbs-up sign to the City bench.

"I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole," said one Barclays Premier League manager. Another said: "He is not our type of player and he never was."

As Allardyce prepares for today's visit to Chelsea, he is left contemplating Barton adding to the complication surrounding his own future.

The Newcastle boss is facing a midweek home clash against Manchester City and a tricky FA Cup tie at Stoke City.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=505003&in_page_id=1779

Not good if that story at Hartlepool is correct.

Guest taff2727

No surprise to see the hacks making hay tbh. Any excuse and they're out in force, having a pop. It's too easy.  :rolleyes:

just proves we are a massive club :frantic:

No surprise to see the hacks making hay tbh. Any excuse and they're out in force, having a pop. It's too easy.  :rolleyes:

just proves we are a massive club :frantic:

We're an easy target. It's not hard to write a load of shite about us atm. Give me 5 minutes...

BIG SAM OUT! (by A. N. Other)

Newcastle fans have expressed their fury at under-fire Toon boss Sam Allardyce. The mood on Tyneside is becoming menacing as the tide continues to turn on what the fans see as poor management and baffling team selections.

Allardyce, appointed by previous Toon chief Freddie Shepherd, has undergone a barrage of abuse and derision from disillusioned fans following a series of inept displays. This unrest has seen disenchanted Toon fans openly call for the manager’s head despite the newly-appointed boss being in charge less than 20 games. The off-field behaviour of Joey Barton, who Allardyce brought to the club, is also causing consternation after a series of ‘bad-boys’ have dragged the name of the club through the mud previously.

If sacked by multi-billionaire Mike Ashley, Allardyce will become just the latest in a long line of bosses to fail in the hottest seat in British football. Newcastle could well be looking for their 7th boss in just 10 years if the impatient Toon Army have their way. Latest poll results conducted by a fan’s website resulted in 2/3 majority in favour of giving Big Sam the boot.

The unforgiving Tyneside public have already proved that they will not tolerate poor performances and have hounded out previous incumbents of the position including Sir Bobby Robson, despite him finishing 5th in the League. Alan Shearer remains the fan’s firm choice to take over from Allardyce should Ashley decide to finally end his misery and axe him. As source close to the club said earlier today, “It’s only a matter of time. Mike is sick of hearing the chants against Sam when he watches from the stands. It can’t go on.”

A piece of piss. Sprinkle in a few buzzwords with a few lies and assumptions and you're laughing. Takes the fucking piss it really does.

The Barton news makes me feel a bit sad, because I thought he was a good signing. It looks like the gamble isn't paying off.

My sentiments as well. I really thought he would succeed here. Am stunned that it has fallen apart so quickly.

Just maybe got to hope it ends up having a positive effect on our midfield performances

Newcastle fans have expressed their fury at under-fire Toon boss Sam Allardyce. The mood on Tyneside is becoming menacing as the tide continues to turn on what the fans see as poor management and baffling team selections.

Allardyce, appointed by previous Toon chief Freddie Shepherd, has undergone a barrage of abuse and derision from disillusioned fans following a series of inept displays. This unrest has seen disenchanted Toon fans openly call for the manager’s head despite the newly-appoi9nted boss being in charge less than 20 games. The off-field behaviour of Joey Barton, who Allardyce brought to the club, is also causing consternation after a series of ‘bad-boys’ have dragged the name of the club through the mud previously.

If sacked by multi-billionaire Mike Ashley, Allardyce will become just the latest in a long line of bosses to fail in the hottest seat in British football. Newcastle could well be looking for their 7th boss in just 10 years if the impatient Toon Army have their way. Latest poll results conducted by a fan’s website resulted in 2/3 majority in favour of giving Big Sam the boot.

The unforgiving Tyneside public have already proved that they will not tolerate poor performances and have hounded out previous incumbents of the position including Sir Bobby Robson, despite him finishing 5th in the League. Alan Shearer remains the fan’s firm choice to take over from Allardyce should Ashley decide to finally end his misery and axe him. As source close to the club said earlier today, “It’s only a matter of time. Mike is sick of hearing the chants against Sam when he watches from the stands. It can’t go on.”

A piece of piss. Sprinkle in a few buzzwords with a few lies and assumptions and you're laughing. Takes the f****** piss it really does.

I loved the random number mid-word, you're in the wrong job.  :lol:

Allardyce, appointed by previous Toon chief Freddie Shepherd, has undergone a barrage of abuse and derision from disillusioned fans following a series of inept displays. This unrest has seen disenchanted Toon fans openly call for the manager’s head despite the newly-appoi9nted boss being in charge less than 20 games. The off-field behaviour of Joey Barton, who Allardyce brought to the club, is also causing consternation after a series of ‘bad-boys’ have dragged the name of the club through the mud previously.

A piece of piss. Sprinkle in a few buzzwords with a few lies and assumptions and you're laughing. Takes the f****** piss it really does.

I loved the random number mid-word, you're in the wrong job.  :lol:

:lol:

Fat fingers man! ;)

I'll edit!

Fucking hell! It's just pathetic now:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article3105858.ece

Leading players may want to think twice before reissuing calls for a clampdown on “verbal abuse” from the stands. As Joey Barton comes to terms with a magistrate’s decision that he must spend new year in prison, the sensitivities exposed by Sol Campbell’s infamous call to the Today programme are beginning to look delusional.

Campbell has spent years getting it in the neck from Tottenham Hotspur fans seemingly still apoplectic about his transfer to Arsenal in 2001. He was not specific in his BBC Radio interview about which of the insults from the White Hart Lane faithful particularly offended him, but it is understood that one of the things he was most exercised about was the recurring use of the C-word, pointing out that the use of such language would lead to an arrest if it were on the streets.

Only a moron would disagree with Campbell’s sentiments, but that does not prevent one from wondering whether the England defender might have been taken a little more seriously if he had prefaced his criticism of fans with some equally barbed comments about the behaviour of some of his fellow players. Whether Barton is innocent or guilty of the allegations over which he was refused bail yesterday, it seems indisputable that at 5.30am on Thursday morning, a £45,000-per-week England player was arrested outside a Liverpool burger bar. Not exactly one for the Premier League’s publicity programme.

Campbell might also have called for a clampdown on the verbal abuse directed at referees by players up and down the country on an almost daily basis, as did Phil Neville, the Everton captain, as the dust settled after the the Portsmouth player’s outburst. Or for an end to the two-footed tackles that disfigure the sport and that, left unchecked, will lead to permanent injury to one of Campbell’s fellow professionals.

One wishes, in short, that Campbell had acknowledged, if only in passing, the conspicuous log in the eye of the footballing fraternity before pausing to dissect the speck in the eye of the fans.

The first football match I watched was Reading at Elm Park in the late 1970s. I remember walking to the stadium from the train station with Mark, my best friend, and hearing chorused swearing and vitriol on a mass scale. I spent the rest of the afternoon in a state of nervous and embarrassed anxiety, not returning to watch Reading for nearly 20 years. But almost as vivid as the memory of the fans is that of one of the Reading players berating the referee with such venom that one could see the flecks of spit from 50 yards.

This is not to imply that the low ethical standards of some players legitimise the verbal excesses of fans. It is merely to state that someone ought to acknowledge the diabolical correlation that exists between the moral vacuum on the pitch and the moral vacuum that too often exists on the terraces. As Simon Barnes, Chief Sports Writer of The Times, put it yesterday in a column supportive of Campbell: bad deeds make for more bad deeds, bad vibes make for more bad vibes, bad behaviour makes for more bad behaviour.

It was more than a little disingenuous of Campbell to compare the abuse he receives from Spurs fans to the abuse that might be directed at someone walking down the street. To the supporters in a certain part of North London, Campbell is not an anonymous innocent but a former hero who defected to a rival club having consistently protested his loyalty to White Hart Lane.

Those who share Campbell’s distaste for the response he engenders at Spurs may want to consider how they would react if they found out that their best friend was having an affair with their wife. Would verbal abuse be in order? Would they feel entitled to a swear word or two to express their disapproval? Would they feel echoes of their anger six years on if they were to come face to face with their adulterous former acquaintance?

The response to this analogy – and I am inclined to agree with it – is that nobody should care so much about football that they are driven to the extremes of emotion more commonly associated with romantic love. But then I don’t profess to understand the kind of devotion that causes fans to spend a large fraction of their income on season tickets, that compels them to travel the country in all weathers to chant unyielding loyalty to a club that fleeces them for replica shirts and induces them to shed salt tears when relegation looms.

It is the strange zealousness of diehard fans that makes the game tick. Without it, football would become tennis and stadiums would reverberate to the sound of polite applause. And they would soon reverberate to nothing at all. Make no mistake, at least 70 per cent of the theatre of football is acoustic and without the visceral roar of those who take the game altogether too seriously, the agnostic punters and investors would soon disappear. The last thought of Roman Abramovich at night is surely not that of a goal being scored, but the primal response that greets it. Over-the-top devotion is the foundation that supports the entire, monstrous edifice of football.

This is not to disagree with those footballers who have called for an end to vile and unseemly abuse from the stands, even if we would take them a lot more seriously if they set something approaching an example on the pitch (and elsewhere).

But they would be wise to refrain from calling for the line to be drawn at a place where stadiums become amphitheatres of indifference and passivity. Too many things in modern life have been sanitised out of all recognition. Football without its furious, chaotic and occasionally offensive tribalism would not be football at all.

:lol: Was there any need to even bring Barton into it?

The Times had clearly already written its Saturday Comment a few days in advance, not anticipating any developments over the past few days, but then realised it needed to insert something at the last minute.

Joey Barton had a falling-out with his Newcastle manager, Sam Allardyce, in the hours before the club's 1-0 defeat to Wigan Athletic on Boxing Day. The Independent has learnt that the pair had a frank exchange after the midfielder was left out of the squad for the game, in favour of Geremi.

Barton, 25, was in jail last night after his arrest for common assault and affray in Liverpool in the early hours of Thursday morning. However, the midfielder's relationship with the manager who signed him from Manchester City for £5.8m in the summer was already tense before the events of the last 48 hours.

Barton is understood to have disagreed with Allardyce's decision not even to have him on the bench for the Wigan game.

The club said that Barton had an ankle injury from the game against Derby County three days earlier, but it is understood that it was never Allardyce's intention to name the midfielder in the squad for the Wigan game. Having travelled with the Newcastle players, Barton told Allardyce he was unhappy he was being rested when the team was announced before the match. The incident was witnessed by some members of the coaching staff in the dressing room at the JJB Stadium.

Barton was understood to have picked out Geremi and expressed his disbelief that he had not been selected ahead of the Cameroonian midfielder. The dispute followed a tense few days in relations between Allardyce and his senior players, who expressed their opposition to a plan to fly from Manchester to London after the Wigan game and stay at The Grove hotel in Watford until today's game against Chelsea.

Allardyce gave his squad the day off on Christmas Day – traditionally a training day for teams playing on Boxing Day – and then called them in for a 10am training session on the morning of the Wigan game. Only when he announced the team to play against Wigan did Barton lose his temper. Barton had been booed by Newcastle fans when he was substituted during the 2-2 home draw with Derby three days earlier.

The row between Allardyce and Barton came just before the lowest point of the season for the Newcastle manager, a defeat that leaves him clinging on to his job with the unwelcome prospect of a visit to Chelsea today.

Newcastle are at home to Manchester City on Wednesday but it is the game after that which will prove pivotal. A week tomorrow, Allardyce faces a tricky test away to Stoke City, the third-placed team in the Championship, in the FA Cup third round. If that match is lost the Newcastle owner, Mike Ashley, is set to sack the former Bolton manager.

Allardyce's recent decision to make Geremi captain is understood to have been opposed in private by a number of senior players. Against Wigan, the striker Alan Smith led the team. Allardyce said the decision had been made on a "permanent" basis because Geremi was going to play for Cameroon in the African Nations Cup in Ghana next month.

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/premier-league/article3291529.ece

Joey Barton had a falling-out with his Newcastle manager, Sam Allardyce, in the hours before the club's 1-0 defeat to Wigan Athletic on Boxing Day. The Independent has learnt that the pair had a frank exchange after the midfielder was left out of the squad for the game, in favour of Geremi.

Barton, 25, was in jail last night after his arrest for common assault and affray in Liverpool in the early hours of Thursday morning. However, the midfielder's relationship with the manager who signed him from Manchester City for £5.8m in the summer was already tense before the events of the last 48 hours.

Barton is understood to have disagreed with Allardyce's decision not even to have him on the bench for the Wigan game.

The club said that Barton had an ankle injury from the game against Derby County three days earlier, but it is understood that it was never Allardyce's intention to name the midfielder in the squad for the Wigan game. Having travelled with the Newcastle players, Barton told Allardyce he was unhappy he was being rested when the team was announced before the match. The incident was witnessed by some members of the coaching staff in the dressing room at the JJB Stadium.

Barton was understood to have picked out Geremi and expressed his disbelief that he had not been selected ahead of the Cameroonian midfielder. The dispute followed a tense few days in relations between Allardyce and his senior players, who expressed their opposition to a plan to fly from Manchester to London after the Wigan game and stay at The Grove hotel in Watford until today's game against Chelsea.

Allardyce gave his squad the day off on Christmas Day – traditionally a training day for teams playing on Boxing Day – and then called them in for a 10am training session on the morning of the Wigan game. Only when he announced the team to play against Wigan did Barton lose his temper. Barton had been booed by Newcastle fans when he was substituted during the 2-2 home draw with Derby three days earlier.

The row between Allardyce and Barton came just before the lowest point of the season for the Newcastle manager, a defeat that leaves him clinging on to his job with the unwelcome prospect of a visit to Chelsea today.

Newcastle are at home to Manchester City on Wednesday but it is the game after that which will prove pivotal. A week tomorrow, Allardyce faces a tricky test away to Stoke City, the third-placed team in the Championship, in the FA Cup third round. If that match is lost the Newcastle owner, Mike Ashley, is set to sack the former Bolton manager.

Allardyce's recent decision to make Geremi captain is understood to have been opposed in private by a number of senior players. Against Wigan, the striker Alan Smith led the team. Allardyce said the decision had been made on a "permanent" basis because Geremi was going to play for Cameroon in the African Nations Cup in Ghana next month.

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/premier-league/article3291529.ece

You cant make this stuff up can you... oh hang a second