Joey Barton is a very naughty boy. Discuss.

Fugazi

Hartson did a shearer-on-lennon kick on Berkovic, which is a bit different from a sustained attack lasting for a while which only stopped because he was dragged away and which leaft the victim unconscious (was actually unconscious while barton kept punching him) with temporary blindness in one eye.

Sorry, I didn't realise Hartson only kicked somebody in the head.  I can't see what all of the fuss was about at the time then if that's all that happened.

Hartson did a shearer-on-lennon kick on Berkovic, which is a bit different from a sustained attack lasting for a while which only stopped because he was dragged away and which leaft the victim unconscious (was actually unconscious while barton kept punching him) with temporary blindness in one eye.

Sorry, I didn't realise Hartson only kicked somebody in the head.  I can't see what all of the fuss was about at the time then if that's all that happened.

it was because it was caught on camera, otherwise nobody wouldve heard about it

Sned, do you know if conviction of a traffic offence like jumping a red light could activate Barton's suspended sentence?

No it couldn't.

How do you know that?

The decision to activate the sentence is primarily based on the new offence, which is clearly not imprisonable, or in fact serious.  Basically he isn't going back to prison for running a red light.

Taken from the Criminal Justice Act

C. Breaches

2.2.15 The essence of a suspended sentence is to make it abundantly clear to an offender

that failure to comply with the requirements of the order or commission of another offence will almost certainly result in a custodial sentence. Where an offender has breached any of the requirements without reasonable excuse for the first time, the responsible officer must either give a warning or initiate breach proceedings. Where there is a further breach within a twelve-month period, breach proceedings must be initiated.

2.2.16 Where proceedings are brought the court has several options, including extending the operational period. However, the presumption (which also applies where breach is by virtue of the commission of a further offence) is that the suspended prison sentence will be activated (either with its original custodial term or a lesser term) unless the court takes the view that this would, in all the circumstances, be unjust. In reaching that decision, the court may take into account both the extent to which the offender has complied with the requirements and the facts of the new offence.

2.2.17 Where a court considers that the sentence needs to be activated, it may activate it in full or with a reduced term. Again, the extent to which the requirements have been complied with will be very relevant to this decision.

2.2.18 If a court amends the order rather than activating the suspended prison sentence,it must either make the requirements more onerous, or extend the supervision or operational periods (provided that these remain within the limits defined by the Act).34 In such cases, the court must state its reasons for not activating the prison sentence,35 which could include the extent to which the offender has complied with requirements or the facts of the subsequent offence.

2.2.19 If an offender near the end of an operational period (having complied with the requirements imposed) commits another offence, it may be more appropriate to amend the order rather than activate it.

2.2.20 If a new offence committed is of a less serious nature than the offence for which the suspended sentence was passed, it may justify activating the sentence with a reduced term or amending the terms of the order.

2.2.21 It is expected that any activated suspended sentence will be consecutive to the sentence imposed for the new offence.

2.2.22 If the new offence is non-imprisonable, the sentencer should consider whether it is appropriate to activate the suspended sentence at all.

Guest Geordiesned

Just on Look North - Barton was filmed on Wednesday by a news agency (they showed the footage) driving through Newcastle in his 4x4 along bus lanes and jumping red lights. Hardly crime of the century but another example of just what a twat he is (I say twat as if someone undertook me in a bus lane and then jumped a red light that's what I'd call them!) The footage has apparently been passed to police.

Obviously, it's not lost on me that the camera filming him was also in a car driving in the bus lane.

What  a bastard.  No one else ever does this.

Did I say they didn't? I think you'll find I said that IMO anyone who does that is a twat.

Guest Geordiesned

Sned, do you know if conviction of a traffic offence like jumping a red light could activate Barton's suspended sentence?

No as in itself it's not an imprisonable offence. At worst he'll get a smile fine and possibly 3 points on his licence.

EDIT: No idea what a "smile" fine is! :lol:

Obviously meant small fine.

Just on Look North - Barton was filmed on Wednesday by a news agency (they showed the footage) driving through Newcastle in his 4x4 along bus lanes and jumping red lights. Hardly crime of the century but another example of just what a twat he is (I say twat as if someone undertook me in a bus lane and then jumped a red light that's what I'd call them!) The footage has apparently been passed to police.

Obviously, it's not lost on me that the camera filming him was also in a car driving in the bus lane.

Did I say they didn't? I think you'll find I said that IMO anyone who does that is a twat.

I wasn't having a go to you, it was the fact they have "passed it on to the police" O0

Guest Geordiesned

I wasn't having a go to you, it was the fact they have "passed it on to the police" O0

No probs mate. I did think the same myself.

The video is on here:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2008/09/05/the-rogue-in-a-range-rover-on-his-way-to-see-his-probation-officer-115875-20724473/

Notice when it cuts off! Just as the journalist is about to go through the red light him/herself!! I wonder if they've passed the full video to the police so that he/she gets done as well!

No as in itself it's not an imprisonable offence. At worst he'll get a smile fine and possibly 3 points on his licence.

EDIT: No idea what a "smile" fine is! :lol:

Obviously meant small fine.

Ta. Cheers as well Liam O'.

Barton's a twat, but honestly, I was glad when he tackled Nasri then smirked. Honestly, I was fucking pissed off and those frenchies in Arsenal deserve a kicking or two. I loved his smirk afterwards and feel that we've got to support him now, just because he's one of us. He's here, and here to stay, I believe, therefore it's best if we get behind him and hope he performs. That's the only way we come out of this well.

No probs mate. I did think the same myself.

The video is on here:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2008/09/05/the-rogue-in-a-range-rover-on-his-way-to-see-his-probation-officer-115875-20724473/

Notice when it cuts off! Just as the journalist is about to go through the red light him/herself!! I wonder if they've passed the full video to the police so that he/she gets done as well!

Yeah i thought that about the journo too, what gives them the right to commit the same offence

IE: Driving through the bus lanes, not that im defending Barton like but im pretty sure those bus lanes have certain times when you can enter them although judging from the traffic i wouldnt have thought that was one of those times :-)

If the police do decide to take action which i highly doubt he can use Sir Alex's, Beckhams, Ferdinand's etc etc excuse and say that he was trying to get away from the journo's lol

Barton's a twat, but honestly, I was glad when he tackled Nasri then smirked. Honestly, I was fucking pissed off and those frenchies in Arsenal deserve a kicking or two. I loved his smirk afterwards and feel that we've got to support him now, just because he's one of us. He's here, and here to stay, I believe, therefore it's best if we get behind him and hope he performs. That's the only way we come out of this well.

i thought it was daft of him. that tackle had the potential to go badly wrong.

Fuck me, just seen the video. He's being a cunt driving in the bus lane (much as I hate the twatting things, the one is the video is particularly vexing) but he's practically over the line before the light goes to red. What a ridiculous witch-hunt.

i thought it was daft of him. that tackle had the potential to go badly wrong.

Perfect tackle, though. He's obviously got the ability (?) to light a fuse in a match but I hope that he can become more than just that. At the end of the last season, he was consistent and good, and I expect better from him this season. If he delivers for us in the middle of the park, then we'll have a good season.

f*** me, just seen the video. He's being a c*** driving in the bus lane (much as I hate the twatting things, the one is the video is particularly vexing) but he's practically over the line before the light goes to red. What a ridiculous witch-hunt.

and how exactly can you be certain it was him driving???  you cant!

f*** me, just seen the video. He's being a c*** driving in the bus lane (much as I hate the twatting things, the one is the video is particularly vexing) but he's practically over the line before the light goes to red. What a ridiculous witch-hunt.

You probably can tbh seeing as the video is edited down.

the video shows him getting in the car.  it isnt even proved its the same day?  he could have swapped seats with a passenger? etc etc etc 

I still don't get why they waited so long to do this.

Supposedly had to wait for outcome of criminal case and then for him to get out.

Its' funny how driving offences are now mentioned in the same thread as Arsenal going off at him - I think what Adams did (on several occasions) was worse than what Barton has done.

the video shows him getting in the car.  it isnt even proved its the same day?  he could have swapped seats with a passenger? etc etc etc

Er yeah but they wouldn't put the whole video on the Mirror website. Personally I wonder why they bothered with any of it. What a non-story.