Joey Barton is a very naughty boy. Discuss.

Fugazi

Shocked at that actually. With all the OTT media pressure, I'd expected him to be out for the rest of the year at least, and would not have been surprised at a season long ban.

The press will NOT be happy with that. They'll be putting on their hiking gear to climb up onto that moral high ground as we speak.

Guest Mucky01

Hmmm, would this ban allow him to play for the reserves? That'd get him match fit, easy.

No.

behind the scenes friendlies on the sly, yes – but don’t get caught!

This is what happened in the Cantona case when they tried to play him in friendlies, the FA insisted it was a worldwide ban.

How's it a light punishment?

He's been punished 3 times for the same offence, and Newcastle are the ones suffering despite having nothing to do with it.

Agreed and Hartson only got 3 games for the same thing.

How's it a light punishment?

He's been punished 3 times for the same offence, and Newcastle are the ones suffering despite having nothing to do with it.

Agreed and Hartson only got 3 games for the same thing.

Yeah, but Hartson played for a Londaan club under Arry.

Hartson did a shearer-on-lennon kick on Berkovic, which is a bit different from a sustained attack lasting for a while which only stopped because he was dragged away and which leaft the victim unconscious (was actually unconscious while barton kept punching him) with temporary blindness in one eye.

Hartson did a shearer-on-lennon kick on Berkovic, which is a bit different from a sustained attack lasting for a while which only stopped because he was dragged away and which leaft the victim unconscious (was actually unconscious while barton kept punching him) with temporary blindness in one eye.

Jail him then.

It's a criminal offence which has nothing to do with football. Banning a player from playing for 6 matches isn't a punishment to match the crime. It's punishing the club, not the player.

Jail him then.

It's a criminal offence which has nothing to do with football. Banning a player from playing for 6 matches isn't a punishment to match the crime. It's punishing the club, not the player.

we signed him knowing that he was due to be tried for that so it's our own fault that it is having an adverse effect on us.

it is within the remit of football as shown by the Hartson precedent.

Jail him then.

we signed him knowing that he was due to be tried for that so it's our own fault that it is having an adverse effect on us.

it is within the remit of football as shown by the Hartson precedent.

Jail Allardyce then for a criminal lack of judgement.

Guest Geordiesned

Just on Look North - Barton was filmed on Wednesday by a news agency (they showed the footage) driving through Newcastle in his 4x4 along bus lanes and jumping red lights. Hardly crime of the century but another example of just what a twat he is (I say twat as if someone undertook me in a bus lane and then jumped a red light that's what I'd call them!) The footage has apparently been passed to police.

Obviously, it's not lost on me that the camera filming him was also in a car driving in the bus lane.

Just on Look North - Barton was filmed on Wednesday by a news agency (they showed the footage) driving through Newcastle in his 4x4 along bus lanes and jumping red lights. Hardly crime of the century but another example of just what a twat he is (I say twat as if someone undertook me in a bus lane and then jumped a red light that's what I'd call them!) The footage has apparently been passed to police.

Obviously, it's not lost on me that the camera filming him was also in a car driving in the bus lane.

What  a bastard.  No one else ever does this.

you'd think now of all times he would be on his best behaviour.  :rolleyes:

And if he has any sense he'll just say that he was driving that way because he feared he was being followed by someone intent on causing him harm

:jesuswept: @ the gutter-press.