Joey Barton is a very naughty boy. Discuss.

Fugazi

Guest neesy111

this is the most laughable legal case i've heard

i hate barton as a person, but I've had a few incidents with people but I'm not sueing them cos they caused me distress

it's the fact he broke his leg is why his career has went down hill

I wonder if this Tandy was still a pro player whether he would want to sue Barton. I don't think the kid has much to stand on really if he seeks compensation for his non-football career, maybe get some for the "mental damage" it did to him. Jumping on the bandwagon I think, plus chances are that the media will make a big circus of it.

"I put it to you Mr.Tandy that the incident involving the accused Mr.Barton had nothing to do with your decline, and you were in fact just a shit footballer.  Now piss off out of my courtroom."

Guest BooBoo

Surely this lads lawyers are going to have to build a case around a direct link between the cigar incident and a suicide attempt and alcoholism. Both which have occurred a long time after the attack.

All i can say to them is, good luck!

Absolute nonsense.

Guest elbee909

Surely this lads lawyers are going to have to build a case around a direct link between the cigar incident and a suicide attempt and alcoholism. Both which have occurred a long time after the attack.

All i can say to them is, good luck!

Absolute nonsense.

Basically a case of 'close, but no cigar'.

Not this time, anyway.

Guest elbee909

It's almost as if they only sue if they know the defendant has money to spare.  But that wouldn't be right, would it?  :rolleyes:

He's done the crimes, he should be financially punished to fuk, hope every last penny is bled out of him because of HIS actions.

Don't think he deserves to be banned anymore though, its only punishing us...again.

He's done the crimes, he should be financially punished to fuk, hope every last penny is bled out of him because of HIS actions.

Don't think he deserves to be banned anymore though, its only punishing us...again.

you're obviously of the opinion that whatever financial punishment he's had so far for each incident isn't sufficient then?  care elaborate?

there's very little i deplor in modern society than our gradual slide towards the u.s. method of anyone suing anyone for anything just because it's their right

Yeah, we should handsomely reward people who harass and provoke people in the public eye. Really sends out the right message for the youth of today on how to get ahead in the world.

you're obviously of the opinion that whatever financial punishment he's had so far for each incident isn't sufficient then?  care elaborate?

there's very little i deplor in modern society than our gradual slide towards the u.s. method of anyone suing anyone for anything just because it's their right

christ that was terriblly written, too fast, but i can't go to edit on the works computer as it crashes it for some reason!

Yeah, we should handsomely reward people who harass and provoke people in the public eye. Really sends out the right message for the youth of today on how to get ahead in the world.

you jest but it's way things are going - get yourself on reality tv and hope to be picked up at the expense of actually having any talent, next step will be to somehow purloin (sp?) cash from people who do actually have talent by other means than shagging them

one way would be to provoke a footballer into an attack then suing them

there's probably $ signs pinging into peoples heads as i write!

I know a bit of how the press works from a few close calls I had with them when I was younger. I bet Tandy recieved a phone call asking weather he considered Sueing Barton. Tandy probably said no and the press offered him £200 to do it regardless of it having any chance of actually working or not. Its not about the sueing its about a page filled with someone topical at the time.

I know a bit of how the press works from a few close calls I had with them when I was younger. I bet Tandy recieved a phone call asking weather he considered Sueing Barton. Tandy probably said no and the press offered him £200 to do it regardless of it having any chance of actually working or not. Its not about the sueing its about a page filled with someone topical at the time.

And, unless Barton loses the case, you know you'll never read the not guilty verdict in the press because it doesn't fit their agenda.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest johnson293

Well, it seems the only person at the club who wanted to keep/back him has gone, so he (Barton) may well find himself sacked, depending on the outcome of today's hearing.