Joey Barton is a very naughty boy. Discuss.

Fugazi

Guest toonlass

Fine, he was provoked, provoked to beat a bloke unconscious(according to the Ronnie Gill). Must have been some hellish provocation. Maybe if the idiot stayed in for a quiet night(seeing that he is supposed to be injured) rather than trawling about until 5.30am he wouldn't have been provoked by somone. I can't imagine many bosses being impressed if you are supposed to be off on the sick and you end up in the national newspapers for getting involved in an altercation at 5.30am, and being remanded in custody, cant you?

Fine, he was provoked, provoked to beat a bloke unconscious(according to the Ronnie Gill). Must have been some hellish provocation. Maybe if the idiot stayed in for a quiet night(seeing that he is supposed to be injured) rather than trawling about until 5.30am he wouldn't have been provoked by somone. I can't imagine many bosses being impressed if you are supposed to be off on the sick and you end up in the national newspapers for getting involved in an altercation at 5.30am, and being remanded in custody, cant you?

I'm not arguing, I'm simply saying that provocation is taken into account when considering whether or not he is guilty of the charge and sentencing etc. I've already said he shouldn't have been there but I don't have much sympathy for someone who gets chinned after going out of their way to wind someone up (I don't know it this is what has happened but there are always two sides to these things). Barton shouldn't have done what he did, obviously and I'm annoyed about it so I think it's fair to say Allardyce won't be too chuffed.

Guest Boqueron

ok . .  I don't like him and consider him another Bowyer who should never have been signed by us.

I also agree that he is a tosser for being out on the streets at 5.30am - drunk or not -  a professional athlete should be more aware of his responsibilities to his employers.

But

"Mr Lewis said the final straw came when a girl in Barton’s group was assaulted in the street by a man."

How many of us would NOT have decked someone for that?

ok . .  I don't like him and consider him another Bowyer who should never have been signed by us.

I also agree that he is a tosser for being out on the streets at 5.30am - drunk or not -  a professional athlete should be more aware of his responsibilities to his employers.

But

"Mr Lewis said the final straw came when a girl in Bartons group was assaulted in the street by a man."

Or if they had a pop at your convicted brother. Agree with the rest of your post too.

both barton and allardyce should be sacked asap, both have caused nothing but misery while being here

Maybe Allardyce can fill Barton in when he gets out.

both barton and allardyce should be sacked asap, both have caused nothing but misery while being here

Barton is a fully trained athlete and a mentalist, therefore he would win

Barton is a fully trained athlete and a mentalist, therefore he would win

I reckon Pearson could take him like.

Guest toonlass

"Mr Lewis said the final straw came when a girl in Barton’s group was assaulted in the street by a man."

Has that man been charged with assault?

Another embarrassing episode in the soap opera that is NUFC. When will we ever learn.

"A spokesman for Newcastle United said the club was not making any comment.  "

:kasper:

Dignified silence?!

Wouldn't have happened with Freddy at the helm.

I think they are as speechless and we are

Guest sicko2ndbest

Barton statement:

Me head was all over the place after the defeat to wigan, and yer know, when i saw that girl get slapped, i thought of me nan, and cus i love her, i thought your avin it.

Not sure if I'm right, but I think his contract has certain stipulations in if he was found guilty over the Dabo case. Now there's this too, so something else hanging over him.

I'm fed up with the continual pantomime that is our club. I'd hoped we'd seen the last of it when Freddy and Douglas left - it seems not to be. If Barton is banged up, then we should sack him, take the financial loss on the chin and move on. He's a knacker who only has himself to blame for the bother he gets himself into. He must really be easily led.  :idiot2:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Even with provocation, he shouldn't of been there in the first place. In fact, Barton should practically live in seclusion with the shite he's been involved in, for his own sake. Unfortunately we're fucked now unless we don't have to pay his wages whilst he's inside which would be half a silver lining.

If Barton's own lawyer is already offering excuses for his behaviour and he's been refused bail and there's cctv of the incident then he's in a world of bother. With the Dabo case still ongoing, I genuinely think he might do 6 months or so.

I can understand the provocation thing but he shouldn't have even been in the situation to begin with. Very little sympathy for him at all. Bloke's a radgee.