Chelsea 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 29/12/07 - post match reaction from page 28

Dave

Why on earth did Allardyce bring on Rozenhal at left back when he had Enrique on the bench?! Also Owen for Martins?, a completely pointless substitution which cost us the initiative. Martins was doing ok and certainly didn't seem to have any injury. So why bring him off for Owen, who everyone knows is completely useless until he's fit.

Owen's first touch was an excellent throughball for Zog that he could have put away, so it's probably for the reason that he isn't a clueless donkey that he was brought on.

enrique wasn't in the 16  :idiot2:

Hmm, thought it had been posted here that he was on the bench before I left to watch the game.  In that case another question, why wasn't Enrique in the squad?  Perhaps then we wouldn't have to play left wingers at left back or indeed bring on centre backs at left back..

By the way here's some rules for you to remember mate: http://www.informatics.sussex.ac.uk/department/docs/punctuation/node27.html

Well anyway. I'm looking forward to going to see the City game now. Crowd and the team should be up for it, a la Blackburn/Arsenal.

Birmingham ?

Losing at Blackburn, playing well against Arsenal.

Losing at Chelsea, playing well against Man City.

Nice logic. :lol:

That's what happened wasn't it? A good performance at Blackburn with an unlucky result stirred the fans up and we were well up for it against Arsenal. Man City haven't won away from home so we've got every chance of winning.

Is that the rule in football then? One in, one out? Give your head a shake. :lol:

No, and stop being so fucking patronising. That's not what i said.

We were unlucky against Blackburn and deserved a lot more out of the game, which stirred the players and the fans up and made the need and 'desire', i suppose, to go out and win the next game more greater. If we'd got bummed off Chelsea and played utter shite, there'd be a different outlook towards the next game, atleast by the support.

Why on earth did Allardyce bring on Rozenhal at left back when he had Enrique on the bench?!  Also Owen for Martins?, a completely pointless substitution which cost us the initiative.  Martins was doing ok and certainly didn't seem to have any injury.  So why bring him off for Owen, who everyone knows is completely useless until he's fit.

Owen's first touch was an excellent throughball for Zog that he could have put away, so it's probably for the reason that he isn't a clueless donkey that he was brought on.

:laugh:

Well anyway. I'm looking forward to going to see the City game now. Crowd and the team should be up for it, a la Blackburn/Arsenal.

Birmingham ?

That's what happened wasn't it? A good performance at Blackburn with an unlucky result stirred the fans up and we were well up for it against Arsenal. Man City haven't won away from home so we've got every chance of winning.

Is that the rule in football then? One in, one out? Give your head a shake. :lol:

No, and stop being so fucking patronising. That's not what i said.

We were unlucky against Blackburn and deserved a lot more out of the game, which stirred the players and the fans up and made the need and 'desire', i suppose, to go out and win the next game more greater. If we'd got bummed off Chelsea and played utter shite, there'd be a different outlook towards the next game, atleast by the support.

If you say so.

Birmingham ?

No, and stop being so f****** patronising. That's not what i said.

We were unlucky against Blackburn and deserved a lot more out of the game, which stirred the players and the fans up and made the need and 'desire', i suppose, to go out and win the next game more greater. If we'd got bummed off Chelsea and played utter s****, there'd be a different outlook towards the next game, atleast by the support.

If you say so.

he's right like

Same old shit like when we were under Souness and Roeder...

The performance against Derby and Wigan were enough for me to see that atm we are playing the same shit football like when we were under Souness and Roeder.

Thats why i always wanted SGE as manager not Allardyce.

Just wonder where are the people on this board who said that SGE is not good enough for us?

Guest neesy111

we still deserved to lose, they had 10 shots on target to our 2

we were better than in our last 2 games, but we could have hardly had played worst

we still deserved to lose, they had 10 shots on target to our 2

we were better than in our last 2 games, but we could have hardly had played worst

Who cares, its all about converting your chances not making them, both teams converted a chance each and yet Chelsea get all 3 points.

Guest neesy111

chelsea got and scored 2,  ur talking just lyk allardyce, it's all about results, and we've won twice in 10 games

thats relegation form and if any1 thinks we are safe and being deluded as spurs are only 1 point behind us now

chelsea got and scored 2,  ur talking just lyk allardyce, it's all about results, and we've won twice in 10 games

thats relegation form and if any1 thinks we are safe and being deluded as spurs are only 1 point behind us now

Spurs will soon be far above us IMO

They have great manager who knows what he is doing and they play good football

We in the other hand have manager who imo is making alot of tactical and managerial mistakes and we are playing ugly ugly football

I'd just like to thank the linesman and manager for throwing away a good point, well done to both.  We played better today against a Chelsea team who looked to have less confidence than we did and they had the crowd against them until they were handed the 2nd goal on a plate.

We had more possession than usual but still couldn't make it count in our favour.  Taking Martins off was crazy, he wasn't playing well but he offered a threat which the Chelsea players had to guard against, once we took him off we had nothing for them to worry about so they pushed us back.

And you're writing just like Vicky Pollard. :jesuswept:

I thought this post-match thread would be a bit more positive, tbh. We were robbed, genuinely, played well at times and individuals have put in some good performances. Where's the righteous indignation at how some cunt has robbed us of a hard-earned point?

Why on earth did Allardyce bring on Rozenhal at left back when he had Enrique on the bench?!  Also Owen for Martins?, a completely pointless substitution which cost us the initiative.  Martins was doing ok and certainly didn't seem to have any injury.  So why bring him off for Owen, who everyone knows is completely useless until he's fit.

it was a good but pretty routine ball down the left, the chance was created by n'zogbia cutting inside, wrong footing the chelsea defenders and then taking a pot shot from distance that he'd have to do something special with to score from. it tells its own story that Owen was that deep, and i don't think ever advanced any further upfield the entire time he was on. on the other hand martins a few mins previous had pulled away down the right and hit a low flashing cross along the face of the goal that duff almost got to. once martins went off we didn't offer that same threat where he's running on the shoulder or moving out wide, keeping chelsea pressed back or stretched out wide, which in turn opened space for n'zogbia and duff.

I thought this post-match thread would be a bit more positive, tbh. We were robbed, genuinely, played well at times and individuals have put in some good performances. Where's the righteous indignation at how some cunt has robbed us of a hard-earned point?

I wouldn't be as disappointed if I didn't genuinely think Chelsea were there for the taking after we equalised, we let them off, and worse they actually beat us.

I also keep reminding myself that they were without Cech, Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Makelele, Cole, Carvalho, Shevchenko, Malouda and Cudicini... which ticks me off a bit, as well.