Chelsea 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 29/12/07 - post match reaction from page 28

Dave

Herm Edwards for the toon.

No timeouts to worry about, no running backs to destroy. He'll just spout motivational nonsense and stare into space hoping that the players see the brilliance on their own.

"You play to win the game...*looks down at "So you're in England?!" handbook*...lads!"

Martins has an incredible lack of composure for a centre-forward.

A run of games at centre forward might help?

But don't hold me to that!

No, it won't.

Agree he should get a run of games there, but it'll not magically improve the fact that he has absolutely no composure.

Aye, he's no Brodie Croyle like  :razz:

Jay Cutler ftw.  :smitten:

Jay Cutler does look the business.

That is Herm Edwards in your avatar thouhg isn't it? blueyes.gif

Yeah, just really like the picture tbh.

Martins is desperately short on confidence, anyone can see that. Let's get him some chances, starting with pushing Charlie up (a radical idea I've just had) and pulling off the clown in front of him.

Or, put on one of our strikers who does have composure in front of goal...

Thing is though, none of our other strikers would have even got in a position like Martins did in those two instances as it was pure pace which got him the time/space.

I tried to say that earlier. :nods:

Martins is desperately short on confidence, anyone can see that. Let's get him some chances, starting with pushing Charlie up (a radical idea I've just had) and pulling off the clown in front of him.

Viduka will have to be introduced at some point.

Yes but not to come on for Oba, we need em both on..

If N'Zogbia did get moved up, which he won't, are people advocating just swapping him with Duff?

SWP is having enough of a field day as it is, he'd murder Duff. No Enrique on the bench, either.

I'd consider a massive shuffle around. It's risky but it could work.

Emre on for Duff. Stick Zoggy LM, Taylor LB, Emre CM and Faye CB.

Thing is though, none of our other strikers would have even got in a position like Martins did in those two instances as it was pure pace which got him the time/space.

Problem is though, Martins gets there, then doesn't have a f*cking clue what to do when he gets there. Change to 4-4-2, and go for it.

If N'Zogbia did get moved up, which he won't, are people advocating just swapping him with Duff?

SWP is having enough of a field day as it is, he'd murder Duff. No Enrique on the bench, either.

I'd consider a massive shuffle around. It's risky but it could work.

Emre on for Duff. Stick Zoggy LM, Taylor LB, Emre CM and Faye CB.

Lack of confidence = lack of composure

so desperate to score he gets a rush of blood, needs to try and calm down a bit and he will score.

Nowt to do with confidense.  You know with Martins you are always going to get either a blinding goal or row Z.

Don't think we've played that bad and but for another Taylor fuck up we'd be going in level and I think we could have got something in the second half.

Of course it "could" work, but I have to say that I think an upheaval of that nature mid-game would be suicide.

Faye has been a rare bright spark in this performance so far, he's been excellent.

It is the sort of game a player like him thrives in, though.

No, it won't.

Agree he should get a run of games there, but it'll not magically improve the fact that he has absolutely no composure.

Oh right ...  :thup:

I was worried for you. Kansas City stink.

Anyway ... Newcastle stuff. What's the score again?

At the game, Cacapa and Butt playing well, everyone behind the ball and hoping Martins can do something with the long balls, should have done better with the first chance, Zog getting bummed off SWP, the team is playing better though. 

Guest Knightrider

I think that the African Nations could do Martins the world of good, get him some regular games and some confidence back

I'm hoping someone shoots him for real this time.

I think that the African Nations could do Martins the world of good, get him some regular games and some confidence back

He'll come back claiming he's the ANC top goalscorer, when in reality he didn't even get a game as he got lost on his way out of the airport.

Guest Oz Toon

What's the deal with Enrique?

Never plays and now is not on the bench. Looks like BSA favours Duff out wide, if we had Enrique  maybe Zoggy could have replaced Smith who is not a creative midfielder... Suppose Emre will come on and Dukes and Owen at some stage.

Also, Maybe Milner needs a break at some stage why not give Troisi  ago on the right (love Milner but is starting to look tired). With subs BSA has few options.

Guest Knightrider

At the game, Cacapa and Butt playing well, everyone behind the ball and hoping Martins can do something with the long balls, should have done better with the first chance, Zog getting bummed off SWP, the team is playing better though. 

At home, is Ashley there?

Problem is though, Martins gets there, then doesn't have a f*cking clue what to do when he gets there. Change to 4-4-2, and go for it.

You're not wrong, definitely not. He's bound to stick one away though, surely? If it stays like this until 65 minutes, then I think you'll get your wish, but Smith won't be one of the players to make way. Martins + Faye/Butt.

No, it won't.

Oh right ...  :thup:

I was worried for you. Kansas City stink.

Anyway ... Newcastle stuff. What's the score again?

1-0, doing well by all accounts.

And yeah, Chiefs should suck for the foreseeable future. Great stuff :D