USE ENRIQUE

Skirge

Guest JamesD

I thought he did quite well today.  lost the ball once in city's half, but he looked solid at the back and good enough going forward.

Looked worryingly poor tonight in his spell off the bench.

£6million? In the words of NE5, "oh dear".

Really? ???

I thought he looked quality. Comfortable on the ball and strong in defence. I know it was only half an hour or so but certainly didn't look out of place for me.

Really? ???

I thought he looked quality. Comfortable on the ball and strong in defence. I know it was only half an hour or so but certainly didn't look out of place for me.

Looked decent to me, gave it away cheaply near their box when we were attacking once but apart from that I thought he did very little wrong.

Has he done enough to stay in the team and have a decent run to prove he is worthy of a place if not big sam it is 6 million we could of spent elsewhere .always a risk spending big money we all know that but give the guy a run but to put him back on the bench will add to his bewilderment on where his future lies after the big man put his faith in him in the first place.

Can only echo Wullie's sentiments. I thought he was good! Very, very strong on the ball.

Guest Ridzuan

I agree with most of the people here in saying that he did fine when he came on yesterday,but of course you cant judge him just by that.Anyway,the reason I think he is not playing regularly is probably because he hasnt master his english language yet.If Im not wrong,when he was about to come on,Terry Mc was giving instructions to him and when Enrique asked him back,Terry turned to the bench for some translation maybe.

Really? ???

Looked as good as we've had at LB for a while, but I thought he also looked OK before he was dropped.

Stick with him and bed him in to the defence.

Very hard to tell from that short run out, he does look a tad overweight and also a bit sluggish, but still hie has a better idea of positional play at LB than the Zog does, I would give him a run and see how it goes for him,  if only for the benefit we have from pushing Zoggy higher up the pitch.

I think any initial problems he's had have been more to do with language and communication in a new defence/country. Once he gets through this he'll do well as he looks a decent player and very strong.

Aye, I saw him warming up at half-time against Fulham and his body language / appearance was that he was happy enough but all the communication seemed to be via hand gestures etc. so I think you're probably spot on.

I deffo think he looked a but chunky, mind he does get called the Bull so I suppose so he is'nt a small bloke anyway. I am 100% behind him getting games though, there cannot be a massive difference between him and Zoggy at LB, I refuse to believe he is poor enough to make Zog a better choice .

Zoggy seems to be finding some real form again and we are wasting that by playing at the back.

Is that a joke?

He played well, did nout wrong and made some nice passes and crosses

The proble we have now though is that Zog and Duff looked immense in the first half, looked like a pariing that could really do some damage. At times, it looked as though we were playing with 2 left wingers. Wont get the same threat with Enrique. And will Duff be as effective on the right?

Guest lazybones

i really dont know why he aint bein used . hopefully this season will bed him in, cos i rekon the gooners are gonna take n'zogbia soon....hope not , but wenger has been lookin at him for a while now.

Anal Oliver The Chronicle 3rd January 2008:

"I don’t know which one of Allardyce’s scouting team decided Enrique was worth £6m, but it’s a fair bet Villarreal are laughing all the way to the bank."

Now there's a man with an agenda.